Dec 9, 2016
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Illicit
- @VictorWasa
- @loafcorn

Last edited:

Illicit

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 1, 2019
I believe I'll be absent for this race. Will be out of town visiting family for Canadian Thanksgiving. Will let you know if plans change.

VictorWasa

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Such a great track! But I think I might be missing this one. I'm going on vacation at the end of this week, or at the start of next week. Will let you know if I'm racing, right now I'm not.

Kinda sucks. Now that @Illicit is absent I actually had a chance to catch up a little in the standings.

• Informative
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Illicit

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Such a great track! But I think I might be missing this one. I'm going on vacation at the end of this week, or at the start of next week. Will let you know if I'm racing, right now I'm not.

Kinda sucks. Now that @Illicit is absent I actually had a chance to catch up a little in the standings.
Plenty of time to catch up man! Looking forward to battling it out for the rest of the season.

VictorWasa

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Plenty of time to catch up man! Looking forward to battling it out for the rest of the season.
Yeah, I know.
Just a bit disappointing. It's the first time I actually have a good shot at the title, and with your performance at the moment, you'll be tough to beat. Especially when I haven't exactly been performing as I would have wanted to. 36 points can be hard to catch.
I'm looking forward to the battle too, and it's still a long season so I haven't lost all hope yet ;) As long as I perform better than I did in France. That was a bit of a shitshow :ROFLMAO:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Yeah, I know.
Just a bit disappointing. It's the first time I actually have a good shot at the title, and with your performance at the moment, you'll be tough to beat. Especially when I haven't exactly been performing as I would have wanted to. 36 points can be hard to catch.
I'm looking forward to the battle too, and it's still a long season so I haven't lost all hope yet ;) As long as I perform better than I did in France. That was a bit of a shitshow :ROFLMAO:
I was surprised of how you struggle. I think you spun twice, right ?

VictorWasa

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Nov 5, 2017
I was surprised of how you struggle. I think you spun twice, right ?
Twice?! No no no. I think I spun 5 or 6 times. My tires were awful! so hot all the time. I couldn't get them to cool down whatsoever. I had a lot of oversteer in all fast corners, and the rear was so loose under braking.

• Surprised

loafcorn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 29, 2018
Unfortunately I won't make this race as well... It really sucks... Got a company meeting in Italy...

• Informative

Illicit

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Anyone gonna be streaming the race? Wouldn't mind catching some of the action.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
P2 (+5 place grid penalty) - @Karzolia @K4RZOLIA (don't know which one of you) @leenvollaard what were you guys doing in quali? Both driving in the racing line when I was on my flying lap, because of this I got +5 place grid penalty.

P8 - In the race I got taken out in the straight line (maybe desync? - we'll see in the steward). Tried to recover but it was too hard. Got on the softs in the last laps to grab the fastest lap. Good battle with @Ronnin1978 ! I thought you would go to the softs too :D
Congrats on your first win! @Hinyaldee

• Friendly

Karzolia

Formula Karter
Dec 29, 2018
P2 (+5 place grid penalty) - @Karzolia @K4RZOLIA (don't know which one of you) @leenvollaard what were you guys doing in quali? Both driving in the racing line when I was on my flying lap, because of this I got +5 place grid penalty.

P8 - In the race I got taken out in the straight line (maybe desync? - we'll see in the steward). Tried to recover but it was too hard. Got on the softs in the last laps to grab the fastest lap. Good battle with @Ronnin1978 ! I thought you would go to the softs too :D
At that point my game started stuttering and I thought it was going to crash again..

at that same time my wheelbase wasn’t giving me any feedback, as soon as i saw u coming on the mini map i moved onto the grass. On the outside off the track

i believe u hit @leenvollaard at that point...

apologies from my side. My game just wasn’t functioning right at that point. Ive kind of found a fix but its still not 100%

Reactions: H_pro1

leenvollaard

Formula Karter
Jan 15, 2019

I'n very sorry, I saw you both coming and going went to the right as well as going back on the throttle. I was going to pit that lap and with karzolia behind I couldn't go to the left either. I'm sorry I compromized your lap. I've send you a steam invite if you want to talk about it so we can solve this.

Reactions: H_pro1

Karzolia

Formula Karter
Dec 29, 2018
A good race and a good result.

Qualifying was ok bar my technical issues again...
I opted to reduce my brake pressure below my optimum in preparation for the wet race... Slight compromise for Qualifying..

Race was good, at one point I felt i had the win in sight, after @eyjafjallajökull went wide. But my pace faded in second part of race. Letting my son past @K4RZOLIA I left myself exposed to @Hinyaldee. But your pace @Hinyaldee was better overall anyway so had to settle for 3rd. A good team effort overall..

Well done @Hinyaldee @K4RZOLIA

Last edited: