PC - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [13/10/2019 8:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix [13/10/2019 8:00pm UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Ryyson - indefinitely MIA
- @washy03 - left the league
- @NinjaRider - left the league
- @mateusz-mazurek - friends birthday (late)
- @2Dragons - Canadian Thanksgiving (late)

Last edited:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
well done to @acerees on the win.

Well. My family told me I was a little animated at the end.
Apologies if I was a bit harsh to @exodium and @Darkxness , possibly @_gwynbleidd

I was just very frustrated at the driving of others damaging my car when I know I had the pace to be in contention for a podium. I had good wet pace as my pole showed

But I I will post at least two stewards enquiries I think after I’ve reviewed the footage.

Frostitute

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2019
My worst race ever... First time under heavy rain and i couldnt handle the car in qualification section so i' ve started pos 9. After few laps i got the pos 7. Everything was fine until i get in the pit and install the hard tires... Rain start again after my pit and i didnt know how to use MFD options so it was nightmare for me :( I hope next race will be better for me. Cogratz top 3 (y)

Darkxness

Pro Karter
Jul 29, 2019
well done to @acerees on the win.

Well. My family told me I was a little animated at the end.
Apologies if I was a bit harsh to @exodium and @Darkxness , possibly @_gwynbleidd

I was just very frustrated at the driving of others damaging my car when I know I had the pace to be in contention for a podium. I had good wet pace as my pole showed

But I I will post at least two stewards enquiries I think after I’ve reviewed the footage.
Yeah checked out my side as well, should be in the stewards for I think. Sorry for that man

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
@12:50 and 18: @Darkxness rude.

@26:27 @exodium probably an apology is in order. I did come from a long way back. I still think you could have done a bit better. But I fully apologise for my outburst at the end.

@32:42 @_gwynbleidd you appeared to slow dramatically on the last corner, what were you doing? completely different to previous laps.

This post works better with the video link!

edit @Darkxness, twice!

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello I’m new to this how does all this work??
Hi mate you need to post in the sign up thread and complete TTs then you will be placed in a league. Once you have completed the sign up a member of the F1 team should get in touch. BTW we are a PC league and I see you've asked about PS4 elsewhere. If you race with assists sign up is here (they have their own TT link, you can find it in the assist sign up post).

Cheers.

• Friendly
Reactions: acerees

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!! I loved this race. I was put under pressure and hardly made any mistakes. Really hurt my right foot right before the race as well. It hurts to press the accelerator! Didn’t know your foot can sweat without shoes and socks on.... the adrenaline is still pumping

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!! I loved this race. I was put under pressure and hardly made any mistakes. Really hurt my right foot right before the race as well. It hurts to press the accelerator! Didn’t know your foot can sweat without shoes and socks on.... the adrenaline is still pumping
I could not pass you. Best chance I had was when you were trapped behind @Neil Bywater but I was still fat on fuel and worried after losing positions early doors at France.

I pressed you at the end of the first stint, blinked for M in case the rain didn't worsen. I actually span twice at the second sector hairpin (bottom of hill) on the Inters although pace was generally good. Most of my overtakes were regaining the positions I lost pitting. Went for Soft at the end a lap early 34/35 but then had no real chance to use them. Pitting from 2nd for 9th and 4th for 8th probably not my best idea.

Must remember softly softly catchy monkey.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Took a while for the penny to drop when you kept saying you were on a different strategy. Just thought you meant we wouldn’t clash in the pits.

you did your best to not pass me when I let you.
I wasn’t going to make it easy.

Reactions: acerees

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I could not pass you. Best chance I had was when you were trapped behind @Neil Bywater but I was still fat on fuel and worried after losing positions early doors at France.

I pressed you at the end of the first stint, blinked for M in case the rain didn't worsen. I actually span twice at the second sector hairpin (bottom of hill) on the Inters although pace was generally good. Most of my overtakes were regaining the positions I lost pitting. Went for Soft at the end a lap early 34/35 but then had no real chance to use them. Pitting from 2nd for 9th and 4th for 8th probably not my best idea.

Must remember softly softly catchy monkey.
Yeah you definitely blinked too early on the first stop. You had me - you just needed to keep the pressure. I was feeling it. I was managing ERS a little as well which was why the gap was doing a yo yo effect. If you had stuck with it a couple of more laps who knows what would have happened. I think my wet pace was quite good but it is easier leading than chasing. You are more likely to make a big mistake pushing too hard when you try rushing a pass.

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Took a while for the penny to drop when you kept saying you were on a different strategy. Just thought you meant we wouldn’t clash in the pits.

you did your best to not pass me when I let you.
I wasn’t going to make it easy.
I was convinced that I would be two stopping S/S/I which was why I asking to be left past. I was also faster in S2 and maybe S3 and could see @Steve Jackson catching up. Thank you for playing the team game. It will come back around I’m sure

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah you definitely blinked too early on the first stop. You had me - you just needed to keep the pressure. I was feeling it. I was managing ERS a little as well which was why the gap was doing a yo yo effect. If you had stuck with it a couple of more laps who knows what would have happened. I think my wet pace was quite good but it is easier leading than chasing. You are more likely to make a big mistake pushing too hard when you try rushing a pass.
I prefer to chase. I had good fights with both Ferraris @TheIgorMC and @Pingulele they were quite rapid on the first stint. It just started to unravel after I went on the M there were a couple of difficult laps. I was kind of praying on the forecast being wetter at the end, but it was wetter in the middle of the race. Must've enjoyed it though, as the whole affair flashed by.

Thanks also to traffic for being cooperative. I've been there and it's hard watching cars pass you wondering if you're in the same race at times. It was really good and it allowed the race to continue with good flow.

Yeah I guess I just needed to be patient but my only simulation was that social where I pitted on 11 under SC so I was unsure of the actual life of the S. Went to 15 with them being new, which was the projected lap on the strategy screen for S/M.

_gwynbleidd

Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2019
It was not my best Race. I had not the best practice an this Circuit and the rain was not really helpful for a good feeling with the car and setup.
After the start in the first corner, someone push me behind and I have to leave the Circuit and and when I came back the game said I had made two illegal overtakes. I give this two position back. Latter I have a incident with @Neil Bywater.

@12:50 and 18: @Darkxness rude.

@26:27 @exodium probably an apology is in order. I did come from a long way back. I still think you could have done a bit better. But I fully apologise for my outburst at the end.

@32:42 @_gwynbleidd you appeared to slow dramatically on the last corner, what were you doing? completely different to previous laps.

This post works better with the video link!

edit @Darkxness, twice!
It was not my intention to cause an accident in this situation. It was one of my first race with rain and I was a bit more careful than usual. I take the mentioned curve at about 120kmh (74mph), in lap 22 I did not do that much differently. What was different was the fact that I had blocking tires. I'm sorry that we had a incident in this situation. A round later I turned myself.

• Informative
Reactions: Neil Bywater

TheIgorMC

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2017
Sooo my race was quite the mess, but let's get things sorted out.

QUALI:
I came from about 15 minutes of practice but I did already know the track quite well and had an old setup which needed a couple tweaks, I managed to get a good time and then I had a great lap so knew I was good. When I saw wet conditions I freaked out since I'm no good in the rain, but did my best and got awarded with a P4, fine for me.

RACE:
Amazing start this time, almost got 2 positions at T1, then cut a bit the inside to let the car on my outside enough space, got another position in the straight and then i was chasing for P1. Pretty good first stint overall, was confident enough to keep the tires on a lot. Rain then started and my engineer told me softs were still faster than inters, so I kept my tires and waited for the switching moment. Well, I pitted with my rear left over 70%, was sliding all around and decided to go for Inters. Turned out it was the perfect strategy, since a lap later I started having grip with those tires. Made my whole stint with Inters pretty well, no mistakes and some good laps until tires were done, I spun two times and decided to pit for soft tires since rain had stopped and track was drying out. Got out about 10s behind someone (don't have footage atm so can't remember) and hear from my engineer he has a 9s penalty, I have a 3s one so I had to push in those last 4 laps, and I did it. first 2 laps were hard since the track was not totally dry, but when it dried out I was quick af, catched the car in front and then he spun at last corner of last lap. I overtook him, did last corner and looked at times to hope nobody was closer than 3s to me. Next thing I see is a car letting me past under yellow flag, too late to brake so I get a 20s penalty. It was about a second before the finish line, probably gonna get it to stewards cause I don't feel There should have been that penalty. It was last lap, accident was way behind me and a 20s penalty seemed a bit too much. Finished P5 on track, P7 considering the penalty, but had a lot of fun!

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Sooo my race was quite the mess, but let's get things sorted out.

QUALI:
I came from about 15 minutes of practice but I did already know the track quite well and had an old setup which needed a couple tweaks, I managed to get a good time and then I had a great lap so knew I was good. When I saw wet conditions I freaked out since I'm no good in the rain, but did my best and got awarded with a P4, fine for me.

RACE:
Amazing start this time, almost got 2 positions at T1, then cut a bit the inside to let the car on my outside enough space, got another position in the straight and then i was chasing for P1. Pretty good first stint overall, was confident enough to keep the tires on a lot. Rain then started and my engineer told me softs were still faster than inters, so I kept my tires and waited for the switching moment. Well, I pitted with my rear left over 70%, was sliding all around and decided to go for Inters. Turned out it was the perfect strategy, since a lap later I started having grip with those tires. Made my whole stint with Inters pretty well, no mistakes and some good laps until tires were done, I spun two times and decided to pit for soft tires since rain had stopped and track was drying out. Got out about 10s behind someone (don't have footage atm so can't remember) and hear from my engineer he has a 9s penalty, I have a 3s one so I had to push in those last 4 laps, and I did it. first 2 laps were hard since the track was not totally dry, but when it dried out I was quick af, catched the car in front and then he spun at last corner of last lap. I overtook him, did last corner and looked at times to hope nobody was closer than 3s to me. Next thing I see is a car letting me past under yellow flag, too late to brake so I get a 20s penalty. It was about a second before the finish line, probably gonna get it to stewards cause I don't feel There should have been that penalty. It was last lap, accident was way behind me and a 20s penalty seemed a bit too much. Finished P5 on track, P7 considering the penalty, but had a lot of fun!
Without footage and race director showing penalty you are unlikely to be able to get that removed. I’m saying don’t try but if you can get footage off someone who saw what happened you are at least half way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.