PS4 - Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix

AOR Davidben

Formula 3 Test Driver
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Q-2
P-4

Overall, disappointed with the outcome, going into this race i was relatively confident and was really hoping for a top two finish :cry:

L1 - Not able to select a one stop strategy and thats what we were banking on, hadn't planned on doing a two stop but unfortunately that was our only option.
Get off to a good start, nothing too hairy like Australia and Bahrain...manage to get through T1 without any drama.. hallelujah!!

L3 - @Mcquiz95 loses slight concentration going into the last corner and we almost collide with each :eek: but this gifts us P1...for now!

L9 - still in P1 at this point but the tyres were completely shot and we had both @Mcquiz95 and @washy03 breathing down my neck now so we decided to pit for fresh set of US.

L10 - we come out into P5 behind @caddiedamus who gives enough space going into T2 to be able to slip on into P4

L13 - Going into T5/6 and we lose that back end and slide onto the grass :banghead: where I watch @danio , @caddiedamus and @James Boniface pass on by.......

L18 - Up into P3 and we're having all sorts of battles with @washy03 and @Mcquiz95, constantly switching positions with each other..was really loving it at this points, was so fun to race with these guys and we manage to slip by @washy03 into P2 going into T5.

L20 - and we're in P3 with @washy03 piling on the pressure coming into T4 but we manage to stay ahead and the @washy03 pulls off an extremely alarming manoeuvre:p and we're slamming out of the way into P4 ;)

L21 - Coming into T2 we managed to gain some slipstream on @washy03 so we switch to the outside edge, trying another Monaco move but we lock up the tyres and slide right off the track, as we come back on I didn't see @denzamo right next to me and unfortunately we collide and both go off the track but he came off worse.. :sorry:
Into the pits for our last stop onto the SS.

L35 - We finally catch up to @denzamo coming into T1 and I was confident that we could take him with the DRS but I lose the back end and plant it into the grass...again! :bag:

L36 - P4 , Not too bad a result considering the amount of time i spent on the grass...

Well done to @Mcquiz95 with a fantastic drive from the off, very well done sir! and congratulations to both @washy03 and @denzamo on the podiums, great race guys!

iej76

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Q-2
P-4

Overall, disappointed with the outcome, going into this race i was relatively confident and was really hoping for a top two finish :cry:

L1 - Not able to select a one stop strategy and thats what we were banking on, hadn't planned on doing a two stop but unfortunately that was our only option.
Get off to a good start, nothing too hairy like Australia and Bahrain...manage to get through T1 without any drama.. hallelujah!!

L3 - @Mcquiz95 loses slight concentration going into the last corner and we almost collide with each :eek: but this gifts us P1...for now!

L9 - still in P1 at this point but the tyres were completely shot and we had both @Mcquiz95 and @washy03 breathing down my neck now so we decided to pit for fresh set of US.

L10 - we come out into P5 behind @caddiedamus who gives enough space going into T2 to be able to slip on into P4

L13 - Going into T5/6 and we lose that back end and slide onto the grass :banghead: where I watch @danio , @caddiedamus and @James Boniface pass on by.......

L18 - Up into P3 and we're having all sorts of battles with @washy03 and @Mcquiz95, constantly switching positions with each other..was really loving it at this points, was so fun to race with these guys and we manage to slip by @washy03 into P2 going into T5.

L20 - and we're in P3 with @washy03 piling on the pressure coming into T4 but we manage to stay ahead and the @washy03 pulls off an extremely alarming manoeuvre:p and we're slamming out of the way into P4 ;)

L21 - Coming into T2 we managed to gain some slipstream on @washy03 so we switch to the outside edge, trying another Monaco move but we lock up the tyres and slide right off the track, as we come back on I didn't see @denzamo right next to me and unfortunately we collide and both go off the track but he came off worse.. :sorry:
Into the pits for our last stop onto the SS.

L35 - We finally catch up to @denzamo coming into T1 and I was confident that we could take him with the DRS but I lose the back end and plant it into the grass...again! :bag:

L36 - P4 , Not too bad a result considering the amount of time i spent on the grass...

Well done to @Mcquiz95 with a fantastic drive from the off, very well done sir! and congratulations to both @washy03 and @denzamo on the podiums, great race guys!

Good stuff mate. It wouldn't let me delete a stint so started as if a 2 stopper but just ignored last stop stayed out and so did 1 stop

AOR Davidben

Formula 3 Test Driver
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Good stuff mate. It wouldn't let me delete a stint so started as if a 2 stopper but just ignored last stop stayed out and so did 1 stop
Cheers bud.. I don't really understand what happened, all week I'd been doing a one stop so not sure why it wouldn't let me.

danio

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Q- 12

Disaster!!! I felt that I could mess up with front row but yet again my consistency is bad with big B. I was very fast as I set the fastest two sectors (faster than @Mcquiz95 :)) but unfortunately I had to spun on last corner ehh and 1.12 ended up.

R- 8

Highest so far in Tier 7. Possibly could be better but this time my strategy was crap. I’ve decided to go one stop SS/US and that was mistake.

Start clear as I was trying to avoid any contact and I’ve managed to do that. T1 and T2 put me high bcceause of other mistakes. Later on I was chasing @Seca very quickly and on lap 9 I think I’ve cliped his rear tyre and My wing goes to orange ehhhh. I’ve decided to leave that wing and carry on, but that slow me down. Lap 20 first and last pitstop. Running on US allow me to close the gap to the other but pushing on rich mode after 6 laps my tyres were on 45% so pull to lean mode and stay out till end where I finished at P8.

Mcquiz95

Formula Karter
Aug 26, 2017
Q- 12

Disaster!!! I felt that I could mess up with front row but yet again my consistency is bad with big B. I was very fast as I set the fastest two sectors (faster than @Mcquiz95 :)) but unfortunately I had to spun on last corner ehh and 1.12 ended up.

R- 8

Highest so far in Tier 7. Possibly could be better but this time my strategy was crap. I’ve decided to go one stop SS/US and that was mistake.

Start clear as I was trying to avoid any contact and I’ve managed to do that. T1 and T2 put me high bcceause of other mistakes. Later on I was chasing @Seca very quickly and on lap 9 I think I’ve cliped his rear tyre and My wing goes to orange ehhhh. I’ve decided to leave that wing and carry on, but that slow me down. Lap 20 first and last pitstop. Running on US allow me to close the gap to the other but pushing on rich mode after 6 laps my tyres were on 45% so pull to lean mode and stay out till end where I finished at P8.

One stop worked well for me. 15 laps on Ultras and then on SS until the end.