Jan 12, 2014
Round 9 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th June 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @ramdrop (maybe)
- @Qélon
- @Andrei Codreanu
- @F.Donoso

Last edited:

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
I have mixed feelings about the Hungaroring. I kinda like it because you can get in a nice groove and have fun, but I'm never really looking forward to it. Though I'm looking forward to be back at the grid with you guys :)

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
One of my favourite tracks, however, brothers birthday and going out for a meal. May be back in time, but cannot confirm.

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Looking forward to tonight, my favorite circuit, my first AOR pole and my first AOR podium was all here.:love:

• What?
Reactions: Ycoms

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
What a disaster.

Knew I was awful and slow around here, but qualifying P11 sparked a bit of hope. A successful 1-stop would bring me into the game. Or so I thought.

The game wouldn't let me start on fresh softs, so I went on the mediums.

Turns out the mediums are complete trash on heavy fuel. Doesn't help I got caught up in the T2 melee and received front wing damage, so when I spun at the top of the hill and lost 6 positions and then crashed, I retired for the greater good to not be a mobile chicane.

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
Had the pace to win but for the second race in a row I went for the wrong strategy. How Ycoms could just pull away like he did from the rest is beyond me. Monster-pace.

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Q: Had a OK lap which put me in P7, could've done a couple of tenths better maybe, but im happy with the time as im generally weak in quali.

R: Thought i got off with a pretty clean start, but then out of T1 it looks like @fugotaro oversteered and caught @FisiFan91 who caught me and damaged the front wing. Then in T2 i get dived on the inside by @nicknoname777 , imo totally unnecessary. Anyway, pitted for a new wing on lap 5 and lost some important trackposition which is key around here. Rejoined behind @Chicane where i stayed for the major part of the second stint. Managed to make up some positions with some undercutting, at the end i had some battles with @PAPA SOKRATIS but with a few laps left i got tapped in the back in T2 which put me wide and allowed @fugotaro to get by, allthough he had a penalty which allowed me to come home in P5 anyway, happy with that, but the pace wasnt too bad so would have been fun to see what could have been done if T1 contact didnt happen.

Congrats to @Ycoms on the win.

Last edited:
Reactions: FisiFan91 and NickB

nicknoname777

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 23, 2014
Q: Had a OK lap which put me in P7, could've done a couple of tenths better maybe, but im happy with the time as im generally weak in quali.

R: Thought i got off with a pretty clean start, but then out of T1 it looks like @fugotaro oversteered and caught @FisiFan91 who caught me and damaged the front wing. Then in T2 i get dived on the inside by @nicknoname777 , imo totally unnecessary. Anyway, pitted for a new wing on lap 5 and lost some important trackposition which is key around here. Rejoined behind @Chicane where i stayed for the major part of the second stint. Managed to make up some positions with some undercutting and came home in P5, happy with that, but the pace wasnt too bad so would have been fun to see what could have been done if T1 contact didnt happen.

Congrats to @Ycoms on the win.

Sorry mate, was alongside but just misjudged my breakingpoint. If you want to take it to the stewards ill take full resposibility.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Very happy with my qualy lap. My best lap in practice was a 1:19.999, so to suddenly do a 1:19.5xx was great! However I don't think my race pace fully matched up to that standard, and although I could put up some kind of fight against the other cars who qualified around me, I struggled to keep up at times.

Annoyed with my wheel as well which decided today was a good day to have one of its more extreme cases of going gradually off-centre and then eventually resetting itself several times during the race. Threw me completely off 5 laps from the end when I had a hope of getting involved in the battle for 5th with @Nukka & @PAPA SOKRATIS, but instead I got passed by @fugotaro and got front wing damage in the process, which ended that.

Still 7th is some solid points I guess, and another win for @Ycoms, so yeh :)

Onto Hockenheim which is usually a track I enjoy!

Reactions: Ycoms

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Facts before the race:
- I hate this track (only to drive).
- For some reason I always get the least practice throughout the season for this track (all @FisiFan91's fault!).
- I'd get 3 million warnings and penalties in T4.

Quali was very satisfying. Surprised that it was a .2 (I think it was a PB) since I had an almighty tankslapper on the exit of T5 which sent me into the grass. First pole of the season - finally! :p

It was definitely my aim to hold onto the lead and try to pull a gap to make my strategy work. But didn't expect to have over 4 seconds once the pit-stops started, definitely very very satisfying.
Tried to extend my first stint a little to get even less traffic, worked out like a dream. Tried to be cautious with @maxafc46 and @Fehler3 and wait for the straights to make the passes as I had the gap to @XLNC_Afro behind. Fehler even gifted me the position by making a complete mess out of the first S.
After that I knew I'd get my chances to close in on @BergheVonTrips and attempt some passes after my final stop. Overshot it a little in the first place and went into grass on the exit of T1. A couple of laps later though I got my chance and was able to make the move after going side by side through T1 and 2.
After that I was actually surprised that he was able to hold into my slipstream, so I got a little worried and definitely had to keep up the consistency and the tyres. Was very hard, but luckily worked out. :)

Weird that I won today. I felt my pace definitely wasn't the best and the consistency was all over the place apart from the last few laps were I really needed it. And for some reason I only got one warning in T4 compared to practice were I couldn't ger the hang of that corner at all. Pretty certain that Berghe would have won this race on pace with the same strategy! Sad for @NickB since I desperately hoped his bad luck would stop finally, still could have fought for the podium at least after he got jumped by several people in the pits. Hope you change your mind and stay, man! :)

Hockenheim next, apart from T1 a very fun track imo. :)

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Q: I was aiming for a low 1:20 on softs, but I messed up my lap so I had to start from last place.

R: I was lucky not to be involved in the incident at turn 2, so I gained some positions and was P11 already after the first lap. Teammate @maxafc46 didn't want to hold me up so I got into the points. When the SS runners came in for their first stop I found myself in P2 - scary moment :happy: @Ycoms was closing in quickly, I became nervous fighting that man and missed the apex by at least 4 miles.
I came in on lap 14 for mediums and rejoined in P11. After the second wave of pitstops @fugotaro hold me up a bit on his old mediums, but he then thankfully pitted on lap 23. @XLNC_Afro tried to overtake me on lap 24 and I didn't want to defend too hard as I had to watch out for my tyres, but I managed to stay ahead for at least one more lap.
From then on it was bringing home what I had. P4 is the best result in AOR for me so far and I am very happy with that, especially after starting from the back of the grid.
@maxafc46 is the man I have to thank as he formed a little train by the end of his first stint.

Hockenheim incoming - my home race. I can't expect too much as my pace is not good enough for a podium, but who knows..

Reactions: FisiFan91 and NickB

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
Btw, just in case there's any confusion, I started the race on softs yesterday, not on SS. No way I would've been able to make SS last 14 laps.

fugotaro

Formula Karter
Aug 13, 2016
Not a bad race after I was going nowhere in the middle of the race.

First of all I don't really know what happened at the start I thought I left enough room on the outside but then I got whacked in the rear by someone almost spinning out. So for my first stop I went for mediums which worked well in my practice races but it just wasn't working so I was more than happy to change to softs. The pace on softs was really good and I was catching the guys in front fast. Past @FisiFan91 with a bit of contact after I locked up, I'm sorry for that Fisi. Then I passed both @Nukka and @PAPA SOKRATIS in one go at turn 2, which just worked out. In the end P6 is really good, only a bit annoyed that I got my penalty on the last lap, for the rest it was a really good race for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4i2clYIa7U&feature=youtu.be