Jan 13, 2018
Round 9 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th June 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Indigo
- @psico
- @Armadeira
- @Peter05

Last edited:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Questions:

- How was your performance at Spa?

- With Monza coming up next, what are your thoughts about the track?

- Both sessions at Spa were with mixed weather conditions, what are you hoping for at Monza?

Cheekymunkey78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018

Shocking - missed qualifying for technical reasons, in race I lasted 1/2 before getting taken out.

Love it, just hope I can survive the 1st corner without damage.

- Both sessions at Spa were with mixed weather conditions, what are you hoping for at Monza?

Clear and sunny.

Reactions: Jezza and Hooper

Jezza

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017

Compared to Hungary, it was a pretty awful race for me. However, considering my season so far, it was pretty average.

I enjoy Monza, however it is a tough track to battle on. Hopefully I can get through the inevitable lap 1 crashes.

Even though I prefer a dry track, I found the Spa weather conditions interesting and I think it made the race more dramatic. Hopefully it’s a full dry qualifying for Monza though!

Reactions: Hooper

LolFish42

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 23, 2017
Alright, until I choked it twice, the second time chucking me into the wall at the top of Eau Rouge

Used to really like it, until last season where I discovered how bullshit the second chicane is.

Dry so I have a chance of getting through the second chicane

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
  • With Monza coming up next, what are your thoughts about the track?
    • Had my first ever AOR win there. Maybe I can get my third as well.
  • Both sessions at Spa were with mixed weather conditions, what are you hoping for at Monza?
    • Dry race. Monza isn't very forgiving in the wet and I'd rather not stuff up my return to racing with a DNF.

• Burn
Reactions: Hooper and Jul!en

psico

Pro Karter
Apr 22, 2018
Im not there it's football time. i think i will miss the next 3 or 4 races but i will write it here from week to week have fun and gg ;)

• Informative

Sgarky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2018
Questions:

I Personally thought i had really good pace, and after being p14 on lap 2 due to a spin, p5 was a great result!

Turn 1 is scary.

Mixed during the race because it's really fun seeing all the different strategies, dry for quali so i can get a good run at it! :D

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016

Well, I was pretty happy with my pace despite a lack of confidence going into the race, but that was nicely undone by a certain someone on the first lap.

It's a bit of a boring track for me to be honest and I never enjoy driving it. But I can't wait to inevitably get divebombed by one of two drivers in one of the many heavy braking zones.

I felt it added quite a unique challenge in qualifying at least in Spa, but at Monza it's so easy to end your race by getting too greedy on the throttle out of the slow turns, and increases the chance of incidents. I'd be more than happy with bone dry conditions all the way through.

Indigo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
I won’t be there as I’ve got something else planned. Have fun everyone.

• Informative

Synt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2017
- How was your performance at Spa

Spa was a decent result. made a good clean start moving up the field. then when it started to rain i stayed on the dry tyres until it had past by witch looks to be the best strategy. pick up some decent points in p6

- With Monza coming up next, what are your thoughts about the track

i dont love or hate it. for me monza has always been a boring track with very little overtaking.

- Both sessions at Spa were with mixed weather conditions, what are you hoping for at Monza

im hoping for all dry. but im confident in the wet so i dont mind.

i know this is late leave me alone.

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 5th
R- 7th

1st qualifying lap was good, second lap was better until i made a small mistake at the end of the lap, that could easily have been a pole lap. Race stat was ok, turn 1 i was forced to take to the run off and go over turn 2, on the exit I got a illegal overtake causing me to have to back off, he result of this was that I lost 9 places. By the time that I pitted, I was up to 9th and during the pit phase, I overtook 2 cars leaving me 7th. The last stint was a push to try and catch 6th, but they were too far away. Overall, really frustrating that I was forced off at the start and I lost so much time from it, I felt my pace was good today and though that I could have got into the top 5, but still some decent points, My POV is below:

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Qualifying - P7
Ghosting system didn't help out when a car spun out in front of me. I was 5 tenths up on P1, would have been pole!

Race - P12
Not a race to remember. Race start was very interesting, I was up to P6-5ish but made a mistake. Down to P8, got taken out the lap I was gonna pit and that was race over pretty much. Hoping for a better result at Singapore.

Sgarky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2018
Qualifying - P9
I suck in the rain

Race - P6

Apart from the first lap.. i had a good race, with some amazing battles with @Ztikes up to lap 10 before i pitted.
Then i saw nobody for the rest of the race. Time to sweat practice for Singapore <3