May 24, 2017
Round 9 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th June 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

FraGioco9

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 25, 2018
Ok I think we don't need to vote for the unluckiest driver in the league...

Q:
I had a massive lag moment and end up in the barrier

R:
Started P18, got P11 after 1 lap but then had another lag moment and end up last (P17)... Luckily I managed to get fastest lap and recovered to P8, which is my best placement in this league so far.

I'm going to stop practicing for this season since after all the effort I put, I'm always having issues and not showing my full potential.
Gratz to @FlexesMarci

• Friendly
Reactions: FlexesMarci

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
?

Pre-race
Busy all week. LAN party at the start of the weekend. Watching Le Mans and karting in the weekend. So, basically no practice except for when I drove Monza on the F1 2018 Beta.

Qualifying (P15)
First lap was invalidated. Second lap wasn't that great and the third lap was even worse. f u c c

Race (DNF, SS -> S)
Survived all the lap 1 carnage, Ended up P9, After another spin I was P8 after lap 2. That's when I started to make mistakes. I was making them left right and center, and people were passing me constantly. Pitted at the end of lap 11, came out P10, probably net P8. Made a pretty nice pass on @Borderline on lap 16, and from there it was pretty much trying to keep him behind me. He got pretty close every now and then, but I could keep him behind me. Then, on the last lap, in P6, coming out of the 2nd lesmo, I spun, crashed into the wall and retired. Gutted.

Snook

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 16, 2017
I'll try to do a short one:

Started P2 -> Tangled up in start accident, drop to last place -> Moved up many positions until contact with Borderline that broke my wing and spun me -> Decide to not change wing and undercut -> Strong outlap + quick overtakes = P4 at the end.

One day my front wings wont be broken for random reasons. One day ?

Snook

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 16, 2017
By the way something confused me in the results table. @RichyB shouldn't have 13 seconds worth of penalty because I was ahead of him when we finished. Either there are excessive penalties or they were not applied properly.

@Jipper

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
I was quite disappointed in my race today,

i messed up my qualifying lap and was 12th, but given the amount of ontrack carnage ahead of me, and a bit of fighting i found myself in 3rd place by lap 10, unfortunately whilst having a jolly old defending battle with @Kreosteijn i lost the rears on the exit of Ascari on lap 11 and retired the car, 1 lap before i was due my one and only pit stop,

abit annoying as i had quite alot of pace this race.

onto the next one!

POV:

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
This may not have been my best race, but it sure was fun.

The entire first stint I was in a fight for 3rd position with @Ping2High, @Kiinako and later also @Jipper. In total I swapped positions with @Ping2High 10 times in the first 11 laps. After my pit stop, I put my car in the wall and I had to pit again for a new front wing.

I came out in 11th, 19 seconds behind @Flaf with 14 laps remaining. In the last lap the gap was closed to less than 3 seconds, when I got promoted to 10th because @Rienk retired, and then I jumped to 9th on the finish line because @Flaf had more penalties than me.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
it was at this point he knew.... he f**ked up! ?

1529335946588.png

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Not the best race, but a very fun race. Happy to get around pretty well without racing line. Singapore will be a whole other story though I'm afraid.

Practice
Didn't practice the first week as I had the Ziggo eBattle thingy, but practiced enough the second week to get around at a decent pace.

Qualy (P9)
Not bad at all, my best qualy lap in practice was a 1:20.8 but my consistency wasn't there on the flying laps. So I was content with a 1:21.1

Race (P6)
Got a good launch but decided to not go agressive and just keep to the outside. Unfortunately in the chicane there was some carnage and I think at one point we tried to go 4 wide through the chicane. After the first chicane I was P15. But because of some other incidents for some other people I was in P12 after lap 1.
From here I slowly but surely started working my way up the field and got up to P8. Then I forgot to brake for Ascari under pressure from @Snook . In order to rejoin safely I had to wait to get back on the track and fell back to P13. I started to catch the group in front of me again and decided to pit for the softs right when I catched up with them on lap 8 for a big undercut.
The undercut, 2 on track "overtakes" and some crashes gave me a P5 finish. But a 5 second stop-go for speeding in the pitlane and 3 seconds for corner cutting demoted me one position, P6.

Thomas Schmidt

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 18, 2018
Hi there, sry again for not beeing able to race last sunday. There was no way to let you know. Work is killing me right now.
Probably, i will not be able to race the next 2-3 weeks. So feel free to fill my spot with a reserve.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Finally, after more than a month without a decent race, I finally had one. Qualy was a first timer, as I finally beat @RichyB fair and square (sorry buddy).

So I started in 8th place with my teammate next to me in 9th. Just before the first corner, I broke just as late as the others in front of me. As someone hit me from the back I overshot the corner a bit and I think I pushed someone wide in the process (sorry for whoever that was). After that @teunvanberkel pushed me off the track at the exit of turn 2. I was thinking about putting an inquiry for that, but eventually didn't.

Rest of the race was pretty clean, allthough @Snook touched my right rear as he tried to pass me in Parabolica in lap 7. Also @Kiinako had troubles with his game, which made me make evasive actions a couple of time. But eventually, after we both made a pitstop, I passed him in Lesmo 2. After that I had a great fight with @Rienk. First he overtook me and I struggled to keep up with him. But after I got my rhythm back, I started to get close to him again. A couple of attemps to overtake him failed, so the pressure was on. Fight went on for 10+ laps, I think, but eventually he made a mistake in the last lap at the exit of Lesmo 2, which made him crash into the wall. Afterwards it seemed like I could just stay behind him as he had a penalty anyway. But the fight was great nonetheless.

So the game told me I finished 6th and @RichyB finished 5th. This was a bit strange as @RichyB had 8 seconds worth of penalties and at the end of the middle sector I was 4.8s behind him. I did not lift and kept on pushing, as you never know what happens in the last corners. He still finished in front of me including the penalties on my screen, but on his screen I was 5th and he was 6th. So this might be adjusted in the final standings.

My PoV:

Reactions: Rienk

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
So the game told me I finished 6th and @RichyB finished 5th. This was a bit strange as @RichyB had 8 seconds worth of penalties and at the end of the middle sector I was 4.8s behind him. I did not lift and kept on pushing, as you never know what happens in the last corners. He still finished in front of me including the penalties on my screen, but on his screen I was 5th and he was 6th. So this might be adjusted in the final standings.
According to the mini-map on your video:
- @RichyB crossed the finish line 1.9 seconds after @Snook
- @Borderline finished 4.7 seconds behind @RichyB

So it looks like in the current results only 3 seconds were added to the time of @RichyB, while he had 8 seconds of (unserved) penalties.
1529411765122.png

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Yep im going to update the standings dont panic! :)

ive just not had time to do it just yet