PC - Round 9 - Japanese Grand Prix [06/16/2019 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Japanese Grand Prix [06/16/2019 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
I am very sorry I ruined your race @Maxxwil. Was in the lead, suddenly lost control over my car - hit the wall and bounced back onto the track... :oops:

tim_haeusli

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2018
what on earth was that?! I had such good pace until @Raining Thunder couldn‘t decide wether to go down the inside of me into 130R or not.. don‘t know how it looks from your perspective but from mine it looks like you decided to not go past. so i shut the door, we made contact, i went off and I have no clue how my car wasn‘t ripped apart. do you have any footage of the incident?

Raining Thunder

S16 AOR PC Assist League 2 Champion
Dec 7, 2017
what on earth was that?! I had such good pace until @Raining Thunder couldn‘t decide wether to go down the inside of me into 130R or not.. don‘t know how it looks from your perspective but from mine it looks like you decided to not go past. so i shut the door, we made contact, i went off and I have no clue how my car wasn‘t ripped apart. do you have any footage of the incident?
no sorry i had to stop shitty shadow play due to screen frezzes, errrr i decided to let u go becoz i didnt have the straight line speed to go past so i lifted and left u room to turn in, but u didn't hit me on my screen you just span out, sorry

Reactions: tim_haeusli

tim_haeusli

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2018
no sorry i had to stop shitty shadow play due to screen frezzes, errrr i decided to let u go becoz i didnt have the straight line speed to go past so i lifted and left u room to turn in, but u didn't hit me on my screen you just span out, sorry
weell seems legit to me, another race ruined by codies then :/

tim_haeusli

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2018
oh and @VictorWasa you did a great job putting me under pressure, was really feeling your breath in my neck xD big up for letting me past after pushing me a little bit wide :) but in the end you had the pace to get me and I did a mistake. was a great battle ;)

Reactions: VictorWasa

tim_haeusli

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2018
sorry again, i'm a fair Driver, just ask Joker and Jipper i spent enough laps behind them 2, sorry again
all good mate, I wasn‘t accusing you, just wondered how it was from your perspective, as I know codies are a little bit strange sometime. Of course I‘m frustrated as it‘s my best track but not angry with you in any way :)

VictorWasa

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Baaaad quali. Really gotta work on that for next season on F1 2019.
I got a decent start, but couldn't quite get the moves done so I stayed just about where I started.
When I finally had made progress I spun at the hairpin.

oh and @VictorWasa you did a great job putting me under pressure, was really feeling your breath in my neck xD big up for letting me past after pushing me a little bit wide :) but in the end you had the pace to get me and I did a mistake. was a great battle ;)
Great battle, enjoyed that ;) I knew you had a penalty, but I just wanted a bit of fun. And I didn't trust myself not to get another warning and picking up a penalty, so I wanted to get past.
Thought it would be the fairest thing to let you back through. Not sure if it was my fault or not, but I saw no reason not to keep the battle going ;)

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with P8 after zero practice and no sleep. Looking forward to Brazil!

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
Well after a dream start, it seems like everything is working against me in the 2nd half of the season. Finally got my first pole which was cool. Unfortunately had no where to go after @HaiCo's spin. Had his car ghosted after hitting the wall, I'm the champion. Oh well thats racing. Still have a decent lead going into the Finale at Brazil. Simply put, this title should have been locked up but it's not due to issues outside of my control. I am going to make sure I finish the job next week.

Reactions: VictorWasa

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
Also congrats to my teammate @Icko for bringing home another win for Haas. Lets lock up the constructors next week.

• Friendly
Reactions: Icko

Icko

Formula Karter
Mar 25, 2018
Qualy was hella close, both on the start of the lap and the result, almost nothing bewteen me @Maxxwil and @HaiCo
Start was meh, just tried to not have Italy start..started to push around lap3 after getting into a rhythm and begin closing in on both @Maxxwil and @HaiCo, guess in the end it was good I did not close that much because of what happened between them. Just boring race after that, could have cruised to an easy win, but decided to push almost every lap and had a few close calls at hairpin, degner2 and final chicane, but thankfully did not bottle it :ROFLMAO:
Next weekend will be interesting as its gonna be all out for the championships. Let's go get it @Maxxwil :cool: and may the best driver win! :whistle:

Reactions: Maxxwil

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Well that was certainly an interesting race, I dont understand why during all the practice races during the week, when it comes to the league race im half a tenth/1 sec a lap slower!? i was consistently hitting 1:31.5's but didnt even get into the 1:31's during the race. nevermind. I also didnt realise that for a large portion of the first few laps i was in Lean fuel mix... no wonder i was dropping time to @Levingston and couldnt figure out why :s

Made a the wrong strategy call on the SS-M, i lost a few positions towards the end of the SS stint to those on S, which i never recovered after the pit stop. good close racing with @Raining Thunder and then a massive race long battle with @djole74 to stay ahead of him, insane pressure, unfortunatly id been given a 5 second penalty because the pit limiter wouldnt engage and even tho i was below the speed limit the car lunged forward after breaking and i crossed the line 53MPH. So i lost the position in the end anyway.

Sorry for the bump early on @iJokeri22 i was trying to avoid you and also not cross into the path of @Raining Thunder who had accidentally bumped my rear and pushed me into you.

POV:

Last edited:
Reactions: iJokeri22

djole74

Pro Karter
Apr 24, 2018
Q: 10
R: 4
the best result so far, suzuka is one of my favorite tracks, I found a stable setup not so fast but stable, I think I had only one warning, qualy was on Softs i did not even try on SS.
As before again bad start,lost two position,in second lap i see my teamate was on charge so let him pass but unfortunate he span on next lap,stay close to @SLI for end of a first stint,on M have good pace take one position and get close to @Jipper 5 laps to end but no that close to overtake him ,cross finish line 6 th and because of penalty ahead take 4th.
Congrats @Icko to win and @iJokeri22 @Raining Thunder to podiums

Reactions: iJokeri22 and Icko

Sgarky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2018
Was a good race to watch, the incident with @HaiCo and @Maxxwil is a great example of the ghosting system in this game just not doing what it's meant too.
Dropping to 9th in the championship standings hurts, i pray i can make the next race and try get back up to my lovely 6th place :LOL:

• Agree
Reactions: Maxxwil

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Qualy: 7th 1:28.006 (SS)
As usual I got a screen freeze on every lap in qualifying each freeze is about 0.3 so that would have put me 5th rather then 7th but 7th wasn't to bad.

Race. 2nd (possibly 3rd) (SS-M)
Start wasn't great I fell to 9th and got a warning in turn 1 and apart from passing @Raining Thunder I pretty much maintained position until the VSC on lap 5.

I was the only one to take advantage of the VSC to make my pitstop, I guess everyone else thought it was to early but I knew I could get to the end from lap 7 so as I was down in about 8th place I decided I had nothing to lose so I might as well take the cheap pitstop.

Worked out brilliant once everyone else had pitted I was up from the bottom end of the top 10 in to 2nd place had I been a bit quicker on my first few laps after pitting I might have even got in front of @Icko but as it turned out he was a couple of seconds up the road and proceeded to pull away.

At first I had @tim_haeusli behind me he was looking very fast until he had an incident with @Raining Thunder. After that it was a 10 lap fight between me and @Raining Thunder for 2nd place with @Levingston close behind.

I was definitely slower with my 6 lap older tyres but I was able to get very good traction out of the chicane every lap so I was never under any real danger in to turn 1 until the final 2 laps when my tyres were almost dead and I had a big slide on the bump in the final corner and @Raining Thunder got a run on me and past at turn 1 on the final lap.

I moved back up to 2nd after penalties but I'll probably be 3rd if/when our penalties get removed but 2nd or 3rd doesn't make a huge difference I got my first podium of the season and had a great race. :)

Congrats on the win @Icko

Shame about what happened at the front but it gives us a 3 way title showdown at a great track. @VictorWasa to do a Raikkonen? :p

Reactions: Icko

VictorWasa

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Qualy: 7th 1:28.006 (SS)
As usual I got a screen freeze on every lap in qualifying each freeze is about 0.3 so that would have put me 5th rather then 7th but 7th wasn't to bad.

Race. 2nd (possibly 3rd) (SS-M)
Start wasn't great I fell to 9th and got a warning in turn 1 and apart from passing @Raining Thunder I pretty much maintained position until the VSC on lap 5.

I was the only one to take advantage of the VSC to make my pitstop, I guess everyone else thought it was to early but I knew I could get to the end from lap 7 so as I was down in about 8th place I decided I had nothing to lose so I might as well take the cheap pitstop.

Worked out brilliant once everyone else had pitted I was up from the bottom end of the top 10 in to 2nd place had I been a bit quicker on my first few laps after pitting I might have even got in front of @Icko but as it turned out he was a couple of seconds up the road and proceeded to pull away.

At first I had @tim_haeusli behind me he was looking very fast until he had an incident with @Raining Thunder. After that it was a 10 lap fight between me and @Raining Thunder for 2nd place with @Levingston close behind.

I was definitely slower with my 6 lap older tyres but I was able to get very good traction out of the chicane every lap so I was never under any real danger in to turn 1 until the final 2 laps when my tyres were almost dead and I had a big slide on the bump in the final corner and @Raining Thunder got a run on me and past at turn 1 on the final lap.

I moved back up to 2nd after penalties but I'll probably be 3rd if/when our penalties get removed but 2nd or 3rd doesn't make a huge difference I got my first podium of the season and had a great race. :)

Congrats on the win @Icko

Shame about what happened at the front but it gives us a 3 way title showdown at a great track. @VictorWasa to do a Raikkonen? :p

Excited for the battle. And at such a great track. I will try to do a Raikkonen ;P