PC - Round 9 - Japanese Grand Prix [16/06/19 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Japanese Grand Prix [16/06/19 8PM UK]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Round 9 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 16th June 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @M_D_CEO_5_
- @Menete
- @Kane Jr
- @Justin || Taz
- @leenvollaard
- @loafcorn

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
No race this week because of the IRL Canadian GP. The next race is next week

• Informative
Reactions: Biolite80

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Well, @Ferre you'll be racing next week. A Mercedes and a Force India will be available

Reactions: Ferre

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
@Hinyaldee @Biolite80 My new PC parts won’t be in by Sunday. The only way I can race Sunday is no audio and that goes for Discord as well. If this is not allowed I cannot make it.

• Informative
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Hinyaldee @Biolite80 My new PC parts won’t be in by Sunday. The only way I can race Sunday is no audio and that goes for Discord as well. If this is not allowed I cannot make it.
I would say don't race. Audio is a major cue for the game and it's not such a great experience, reduces awareness too. Has the mainboard audio really gone?

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
I would say don't race. Audio is a major cue for the game and it's not such a great experience, reduces awareness too. Has the mainboard audio really gone?
My motherboard is dying out. I’m upgrading my CPU with my motherboard. My audio was cutting in and out half the race at Spa. Sometimes it causes screen freezes if I don’t turn the audio off.

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Well, Discord is heavily advised but not required. You can race without it, but without audio in the game, you would seriously be impeded. Your choice

• Agree
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hey guys I'm going through some serious graphics card issues here. I might have to RMA it, so there is a very good chance I won't be there this weekend. But I will let you know by Saturday at the latest

• Informative
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hey guys I'm going through some serious graphics card issues here. I might have to RMA it, so there is a very good chance I won't be there this weekend. But I will let you know by Saturday at the latest
The way things are going, the world looks rosy for AMD in both microprocessors and graphics, more so each day.

Justin || Taz

XB1 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
I highly doubt i will be racing. Spending sunday with my daughter (atm im only getting contact once a week and its my ex's choice when that is and this week she choose Sunday) so idk what time ill be there for. I would say give my seat to a reserve just to be on the safe side

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
ok, I got my old AMD RX480 installed so i can at least race, albeit at 1080p medium lol....no offense to anyone just used to 4k now

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
The way things are going, the world looks rosy for AMD in both microprocessors and graphics, more so each day.
I love how nvidia is releasing "super" rtx cards and the 2080ti with a brand new chip not disclosed yet....what a punch in the balls

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I love how nvidia is releasing "super" rtx cards and the 2080ti with a brand new chip not disclosed yet....what a punch in the balls
Yeah, it's long gone past the point where it's a trivial purchase; buying a card is now a long-term investment in the tech and the driver support. I think both companies have gotten greedy post-mining. They still expect to gouge the market.

loafcorn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 29, 2018
I'm probably held up longer at the hillclimb than expected. 99% wont make it, would text you in steam if I did though.

• Informative
Reactions: Biolite80