PC - Round 9 - Japanese Grand Prix [16/06/19 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 - Japanese Grand Prix [16/06/19 8PM UK]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I've had a bit of a reorganisation, rebuilt the PC into a tower case and installed some new power sockets. Still upside down, but hope to be plugged in and ready on time.

If I'm not there by 8:05, I'm not there.

Reprimanded

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
My most embarrassing moment in AOR? After getting a too good of a start meaning I lost my wing almost immediately, and after being pumped up for a good battle after going 2 wide cleanly through 130R, for some reason I forgot all about physics into turn 1 going side by side and just didn't brake.

Sorry Jackdaw (not sure what you are on here) for careering right across your screen, but I bet I gave you a good laugh at least.

Billamy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 7, 2017
My most embarrassing moment in AOR? After getting a too good of a start meaning I lost my wing almost immediately, and after being pumped up for a good battle after going 2 wide cleanly through 130R, for some reason I forgot all about physics into turn 1 going side by side and just didn't brake.

Sorry Jackdaw (not sure what you are on here) for careering right across your screen, but I bet I gave you a good laugh at least.
Wouldnt say a laugh, more like a nervous chuckle since I thought it was my fault, due to desync being so inconsistent. (at least we sorted it out on DM)

MrZOCKson

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2019
A decent race for me with some ups and downs.
The pole position was a possible opportunity for me but my bad luck striked again. I accept your apologize @Mo v0 but remember:
When you go off the track, make sure you stand at a safe position,always look out for other drivers and if so, make sure, you're out of the racing line.
But still I started on P3 but wasn't able to make some places against CHERNOSTANOV and Jackson. I had some good fights against @Steve Jackson and @Billamy, even though Billamy lost some of his front wing during our battle.
In the end, I just wanted to steal the win from CHERNOSHTANOV because P2 still would have been enough for him.
And again, congratulations to @CHERNOSHTANOV for winning the drivers title. You were a good opponent. But the constructors title will go to Sauber ;).

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
One of my best race :) and first podium on season 17
I really enjoyed this race

You always have good race pace. I feel a bit hard done by in that I couldn't convert my first Pole Position into a second race win or even a fourth career podium, there were just a bit over 8 seconds in it in the end and to finish 5th felt harsh! I did make mistakes but it seemed most times I did, someone got through.

Though I would say credit to everyone who did, it was all clean and quite exciting. I just didn't seem to make the battles last very long. @CHERNOSHTANOV congrats on the F9 Championship, and I only shaded the pole by 0.002! Nice racing from @MrZOCKson and @Billamy (although I thought I might have been in with a chance with your tyres at the end). Also, I have been expecting to make up places from penalties but wasn't surprised I didn't in this race.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ronnin1978

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
@CHERNOSHTANOV what tyres did you finish on? I only ask as you qualied on SS then I saw you on S and SS-S on this track is damn near impossible... Not trying to stir the pot just wondering.

MrZOCKson

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2019
@CHERNOSHTANOV what tyres did you finish on? I only ask as you qualied on SS then I saw you on S and SS-S on this track is damn near impossible... Not trying to stir the pot just wondering.
We both started on Supersofts and on lap 10 we both pitted on Softs. It was according to the strategy screen 3 seconds faster than SS-M.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
@MrZOCKson what kind of Tire where did you end up finishing with? It had to be damn close to 80% I'm guessing

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016

Thanks for the huge laugh at 26:20 @Mo v0 . I knew some stupid sh*t was about to go down and that I would be part of it :D

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
A decent race for me with some ups and downs.
The pole position was a possible opportunity for me but my bad luck striked again. I accept your apologize @Mo v0 but remember:
When you go off the track, make sure you stand at a safe position,always look out for other drivers and if so, make sure, you're out of the racing line.
But still I started on P3 but wasn't able to make some places against CHERNOSTANOV and Jackson. I had some good fights against @Steve Jackson and @Billamy, even though Billamy lost some of his front wing during our battle.
In the end, I just wanted to steal the win from CHERNOSHTANOV because P2 still would have been enough for him.
And again, congratulations to @CHERNOSHTANOV for winning the drivers title. You were a good opponent. But the constructors title will go to Sauber ;).
37:44 It sounds even more hilarious without the picture, doh :ROFLMAO:

Mo v0

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 14, 2017

Thanks for the huge laugh at 26:20 @Mo v0 . I knew some stupid sh*t was about to go down and that I would be part of it :D
Pains me to watch it :(:( don't worry though I got my karma in the America Race later that night... :D guy on the grid didn't start and I ran right into him popping my wheel off! Race lasted literally 2 seconds for me.

26:20

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Pains me to watch it :(:( don't worry though I got my karma in the America Race later that night... :D guy on the grid didn't start and I ran right into him popping my wheel off! Race lasted literally 2 seconds for me.

26:20
No biggy, I'm not even mad at this point, and even when racing I wasn't. As you could hear on the audio, it felt more comical to me than infuriating

Reactions: Mo v0