PC - Round 9 Re Run - Austrian Grand Prix [11/02/18 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 9 Re Run - Austrian Grand Prix [11/02/18 8:00 pm]

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Ferrius

Last edited:

Ferrius

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2017
My mate got an internship at the European Space Agency, so I'll be out celebrating with him tonight (he leaves Tuesday). Sorry for late post, it was originally next week but he found a place to live down there that requires his presence a week prior, and tonight is the last chance I'll have to enjoy his company for 5 months.

Best of luck tonight to y'all!

edge

S16 AOR PC Assist League 1 Champion
Apr 30, 2017
thanks for the Toro rosso who went straight into me into turn 2, like there wasnt even a corner, then Sgarky pushed me off the track so race over for me

Cozzie

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Dec 29, 2017
Well, pole again after my previous 3 out of 4 laps got invalidated. Start was ok but Jordi's was much better with his supers. We had some really nice wheel to wheel action and then he made a risky but brilliant move round the outside at turn 6, how we didn't make contact I will never know. However, going down to t9 i got a clip from @Mrozio probably lag but will still get investigated, put me right down to p11. From then on I made some nice overtakes and ended up in no man's land for a while up until the last few laps where @Rubenkraan was chasing me and i was chasing Mrozio. Shame I couldn't overtake him on track but I had a 3 second penalty so it didn't matter. Overall, decent recovery and considering I hate Austria not a bad result, see ya guys next week!

Sgarky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2018
thanks for the Toro rosso who went straight into me into turn 2, like there wasnt even a corner, then Sgarky pushed me off the track so race over for me
The only reason we crashed was because that toro rosso punted you wide, and i had to avoid both of you...
not rly anything i could do to avoid u.

Wesseltl123

S16 AOR PC F5 Champion
Oct 15, 2017
First of all, i fucked up my quali lap 1.06.435 would've got me pole, i have no idea why i steered left :(
Then my start where someone hit me in the back and then a few laps after the start sgary and erikson are going side by side through the penaltimate corner and erikson let sgarky have the corner (which is understadble imo) but because of that i lost my front wing, went straight into the pits and they didnt change it so at that point my race was over, had to pit the lap after that to replace my front wing and did a alright recovery after that including the fastest lap

edge

S16 AOR PC Assist League 1 Champion
Apr 30, 2017
The only reason we crashed was because that toro rosso punted you wide, and i had to avoid both of you...
not rly anything i could do to avoid u.
These kind of things happen, i was just frustrated at the time, i know we didnt crash on purpose

Reactions: Sgarky

pipo

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 1 Champion
Sep 10, 2017
Well, pole again after my previous 3 out of 4 laps got invalidated. Start was ok but Jordi's was much better with his supers. We had some really nice wheel to wheel action and then he made a risky but brilliant move round the outside at turn 6, how we didn't make contact I will never know. However, going down to t9 i got a clip from @Mrozio probably lag but will still get investigated, put me right down to p11. From then on I made some nice overtakes and ended up in no man's land for a while up until the last few laps where @Rubenkraan was chasing me and i was chasing Mrozio. Shame I couldn't overtake him on track but I had a 3 second penalty so it didn't matter. Overall, decent recovery and considering I hate Austria not a bad result, see ya guys next week!
Was an amazing fight and i think it was fair, i managed to get a better start with a different tyre compund and wheel to wheel until then

Cozzie

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Dec 29, 2017
Was an amazing fight and i think it was fair, i managed to get a better start with a different tyre compund and wheel to wheel until then
It was definitely fair, my highlights should be up in a few hours.

Mrozio

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 29, 2017
@Cozzie Great video(I really enjoyed it - especially the last two laps) and very good race even with this incident on 1 lap. I'll write my thoughts about this situation in steward's panel thread.

Reactions: Cozzie