Russia CANNOT be raced! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Russia CANNOT be raced!

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

Do you want to skip the Russian GP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ITz GORD

Reigning AOR XB1 GP2 Champion
Nov 17, 2014
I did a social around Russia tonight, and I decided to get some comparison laps between clean and dirty to see how much time there was to be gained, and OH MY DAYS I knew it was bad, but there is about 1.2 SECONDS to be gained, yes I know! A clean qualifying lap got me a 1:37.9, and dirty I got a 1:36.8! In the race is just as bad lapping in the 38s/39s driving dirty, and 40s/41s driving clean which is totally ridiculous, and now we have dynamic weather :( if we have a wet race you probably could get away with straight lining the track! I just think we are asking for trouble because people will corner cut. There is no benefit to racing here as all I can see it doing is dragging the AOR name through the mud. Right rant over! Sorry to bother anyone it just really annoys me that we paid money out for a game that doesn't even work! @FisiFan91 @Vengeance NOR @BlueAsedGibbon

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
100% agree with you, and there is about 3 seconds to be gained from cutting in the wet.. For example I did a 1:41.4 in the wet in TT.. If you'd like to just load that lap up as a ghost car and watch.. Absolutely shocking

Blue Smurf FTW

F1 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2014
I can go faster than a 36.8 in season challenge with the full right setup :(( i cri i cri such game much track limits

Philzinite

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2015
I feel that this track can potentially be raced but people have to be honest with themselves and if cutting/extended happens during a qualy lap you gotta be real with yourself and back out of it

Blue Smurf FTW

F1 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2014
I've done a 1:36.6 after 5 laps of practice!
i'm amazing at corner cutting on this track as I sweated it when the game came out for the cm challenge thingy that jd won. I'M even better at the game now so i'm sure i could massacre the track 3 times over and the game wouldnt do s*** about it

ITz GORD

Nov 17, 2014
i'm amazing at corner cutting on this track as I sweated it when the game came out for the cm challenge thingy that jd won. I'M even better at the game now so i'm sure i could massacre the track 3 times over and the game wouldnt do s*** about it
It's a total joke you can't even call Sochi a track it my as well be a straight line!

ITz GORD

Nov 17, 2014
On the downside it would mean 1 less race for me to get the championship back :(

On the plus side it would be 1 less dsc by my name :hilarious:
haha Yeah maybe we could re-race another track? I'm not sure

BlueAsedGibbon

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Ok guys, I mentioned this in the game lobby after the race yesterday if we are to skip Russia, it has to be a unanimous decision. Every single one of us has to agree, res' and all.

edit: As you can see I've changed the OP to include a poll. So if everyone could vote and we'll sort this most ricky tick.

@oOLukeDawsonOo @Philzinite @Lunarz xEclipse @t3hmightymidg3t @NRT Cosmos @bontabullets @Connah K @Blue Smurf FTW @Max @Stuart Menary @Itzxmoek @GanjaMann @Jorden Bicknell @RealJewell766 @Rob1nJ @DanMac4569 @JordanK2406

Also DanMac if u can please also make a space on your FL and send me a FR at the same time, that'd be great as it stands now I'm unable to invite you to the lobby. Thankingyou.

Last edited:

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Jan 13, 2014
@BlueAsedGibbon Plssssssssssss can we skip it :cry:
Its not really my decision. Really this all boils down to whether ppl trust each other. At the end of the day its up to us to drive as cleanly and within the rules/white lines (see what I did lol) as possible. Nobody's forcing you to cut corners (unless someone is actually pushing you car with theirs, then they are forcing you, but I mean metaphorically "Cut that corner of I kill your hamster" kind of forcing lol), We're not machines, we cant be 100% perfect every corner of every lap of every race, ****, even Matty and, dare I say, Noble can't do that (Don't hurt me lol) ppl make mistakes, case in point: Justin Bieber's parents decision to have children = Mistake, to put it kindly, and with less swearing. As I've proved with that 1 argument alone: **** happens but that being said I for 1 don't even trust myself to not take advantage in the heat of battle. It's all very well me or anyone else saying we have/would never cut corners to gain an advantage but in the moment, with the blinkers down and the adrenaline flowing, who the F knows what will happen.

Not only that I'd rather skip the race than have everyone accuse everyone else of cutting and we all end up in the stewards. Far too much 'work' for me to be dealing with frankly lol.

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Mattsaj

GP2 1st Driver
Feb 9, 2014
I strongly believe it should be dropped across all leagues. I hope the correct decision will be made swiftly :)

moon10002

F1 Champion
Jan 21, 2014
I disagree with the lot of you! Don't come to a clean racing league if you are going to try and win by cutting and then blame the game!!! Oh guys look, i just done a really fast lap! but guess what? i cut and extended here, here and there. Because of this we should now skip the track, whaaa whaaa whaaa.
It shows skill to be able to come online with 15 other drivers and to be able to do 30 laps with maybe 1 or 2 cuts during the whole race. It also show's maturity to abort a lap if you cut in quali. Do those who want to skip the track lack in both skill and maturity?

I'm glad i can trust the drivers in F3, havent heard anything from them saying oh please skip the track i can cut and be fast. Race properly and cleanly or get lost! AOR doesn't want cheaters.

Matthew Dale

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2014
I totally agree with @moon10002, if you are prepared to cut corners (pun intended) to win, you shouldn't be here. @BlueAsedGibbon is spot on, we are not machines, we do make mistakes, but if everyone is honest and follows the rules then it'll be just the same as every other race. I'm sure the same thing was said about Canada whilst I was in F4, but we raced there and it was a good race!
Here's a good tip....instead of wasting time trying to figure out how much can be gained from deliberately cutting corners, spend that extra time practicing keeping it between the white lines....it's very rewarding when you get it right!