PC - S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 1 - Laguna Seca - 1/2/17 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 1 - Laguna Seca - 1/2/17 @ 7:45pm

Enzo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2015
Round 1 - Laguna Seca
BMW 320 TC Season 1

Event Information:

Date: Wednesday 1st February 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warm-up: 5 minutes
- Sprint Race: 10 Laps
- New session (same weather and time settings)
- Warm up: 5 minutes
- Main race: 20 laps

Weather Conditions: (Fixed weather)
1 weather slots:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (Time progression off):
In-game Date: 1st June 2017

- Qualifying time: 12:00
- Race start time: 12:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:
Coming out of the corkscrew, directly under the Cooper Tyres bridge:

formation.jpg

Accleration Zone
From the end of the rumble strip on the right after exiting the final turn, to the start line bridge. P1 decides when to go between these points:

accel.jpg

Grid Reversal Point
Directly under the Mothers bridge, wait in line here when your name has been called. Make sure you are fully aware of the rules regarding the manual reverse grid.

reverse.jpg

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited:

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
This is definitely a talkative bunch we have this season. :pompus:

• Funny
Reactions: Enzo

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
What you mean m8? :D
What issues are you refering to?
Never had any issues with P.C. standing starts, actually think it's quit good, or? ;)
We often had lag issues causing some screens to start before others, making the game think they were also in different positions causing lag incidents. (notably S4 Laguna social but a few others too)

Reactions: Mr AlcoN and Enzo

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
We often had lag issues causing some screens to start before others, making the game think they were also in different positions causing lag incidents. (notably S4 Laguna social but a few others too)
I seem to remember Spa S4 had an incident at the start, and possibly in a couple more races that season

It's the reason Yorkie wrote up that massive rolling start procedure in the first place lol

Reactions: Mr AlcoN and Enzo

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Ah I see, thats a shame. :(
Is standings starts completely out of pic. When it comes to leauges?

rkatar

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
@Enzo unfortunately wont make it tonight. today was my first day at new job, so i've got a lot things do to. also there is probability that i will sign out from this league for this season, but will inform you before the next race

• Informative
Reactions: Enzo

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
We definitely need to change the rules after that.

I broke no rules and I was punished for it, which would have probably been a win if I started where I should have been.
It can't be reversing every single person, make it top X drivers in either the qualifying or the first race.

There was nothing in the rules stopping me from not qualifying so I could get a better race 2, my race 1 was screwed because of that, but then because people got salty about it I had to start last again.. Bit stupid really.

Flying Kefran

Reigning AOR PC LMP Endurance Champion
Nov 2, 2016
It is so great to race with such a fast group of driver !
I finish with 6th in quali, 5th in race 1 and 6th in race 2 (I think) so it is quite consistent for a first race with this kind of car.

I was very frustrated after race 2 but I knew it would end like this. I will never be a fan of reversed grids.

Regarding defense in race 2, I think we could agree that especially in the first 30% of the race, when the car that was behind has put its front wheels ahead of yours, then it's over, defense has to stop.

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Man what a unfortunate race 2 :( Had much fun in race 1 but race 2 was terrible.
Car in front had a issue with other car and spun. I could not brake enough and hitted him fully in his door . Great now i have aerodamage. 3 sec slower a lap.
Tried to get in the race but then i got bumped off track on a corner what i think is not a corner to overtake. So after 3 laps my race was totally ruined. Went in pit for fixing but basicly it was for nothing.

So hopefully better race @zuhai

Little bit more safe and clean driving recommended for next track because of the heavy brake points !

Reactions: rillo7105 and Enzo

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well it wasn't a particularly great night for me.

Started off annoyingly with the audio issues where Project CARS was refusing to play the game sound through my headset... As it turns out, when I have TeamSpeak, my Thrustmaster wheel and Project CARS all running at the same time, Project CARS decides that it will only play the game sound through my speakers, despite having selected the headset as default output... However if I remove either TeamSpeak or the wheel from the equation, then it plays through the headset fine... So yeah, I have no idea why it does that. If anyone has a clue, let me know!

So, because of unsuccessfully trying to fix those issues and getting the stream going again, I came into the qualy session with time to only do one flying lap, which wasn't very good, but I just about avoided starting last :p Then the first race was ok I suppose, had a few battles at the back, but pace was lacking and the positions I gained was mainly due to others making mistakes. Ended P16, so at least a few points in the bag.

Then 2nd race was a nightmare... started P2, but got a really slow launch (I think I was in 2nd gear when I probably should have been in 1st) and got mugged by several cars. Then we got down to turn 1 and there was a car sideways on the outside line which I had to go wide to avoid, and I got mugged by even more cars. Then coming into turn 3 (or 4) there were cars absolutely everywhere and I think I braked just a tiny bit too late and touched someone on my left. It was very chaotic so I wasn't really sure what had happened, but looking back at my footage I appear to have killed one of the orange cars, possibly @Perry Grondstra, so I'm very sorry about that. Then I was running around somewhere in the midfield, quite close to several cars, and it could have been a fun race from then on... until I ruined it by getting auto-spun off the kerb on the exit of turn 4, sending me to the back and giving me slight aero damage as well from scraping the wall. So then it was 15-16 laps of running mainly by myself, apart from a little battle with @Gxbbs for a few laps and @Jeff[NL] coming for a couple of visits near the end. Finished P17.

In conclusion:

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Love the car and the race format so good work @Enzo and @Nismo. I had great fun racing dispite the mayhem at the start in race 2 where is was pushed on a couple of times and i think @Perry Grondstra or @Xenon91 pushed me off the track between turns 3 and 4 in race 2. . I guess that happens when the faster guys are eager to get past as quickly as possible. I think i gave @Mr AlcoN a little push after the straight when we were breaking into the first turn, sorry for that m8.

From race 1 i just remember @Nismo chasing me and i think we had some contact exiting the The corksrew, sorry if i didn't give you enough room. I thought you were close behind and not besides me that close..

Here's the mayhem at the start