PC - S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 6 - Catalunya National - 8/3/17 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S1: AOR BMW 320 Elite - Round 6 - Catalunya National - 8/3/17 @ 7:45pm

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
Round 6 - Catalunya National
BMW 320 TC Season 1

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 8th March 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warm-up: 5 minutes
- Sprint Race: 11 Laps
- New session (same weather and time settings)
-
Warm up: 5 minutes
- Main race: 22 laps

● Weather Conditions: (Fixed weather)
1 weather slots:
- Clear
● In-game time-of-day information (Time progression off):
In-game Date: 1st June 2017

- Qualifying time: 12:00
- Race start time: 12:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:

Formation Point:

● Acceleration Zone:

● Grid Reversal Point:

Notices:

● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows:
If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings:
If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay:
As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Tumbleweed.....
No Social practice for tonights race + no comments on the race thread....

#AnyoneOutThere?

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
Tumbleweed.....

#AnyoneOutThere?
I'm atleast not out there :(
Can't make it tonight I hope everybody has a nice last race.
Goodluck everybody

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Tumbleweed.....

#AnyoneOutThere?
Seems quite empty lol... a bit disappointing how the field size has gradually gone down during the season, but I hope at least that the regulars will all be there to send off the season with another good show!

Enzo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2015
I think its just plain disrespectful. It was the same for GT3 last season with only about half grid in the last race.
Yep couldn't agree more. Don't sign up for a league if you don't intend to finish it. Don't sign up for a league in a car that you haven't thoroughly tested and don't know if you will enjoy it, then drop out half way because you realise it isn't your thing. I could go on forever with this list.... Quite annoyed and upset with the outcome to be honest. No one who has dropped or the drivers don't turn up have left any constructive criticism or information as to what is wrong with the league or how it could be improved. I've just been left in the dark.
Anyways rant over I'll just leave this one on a big thanks to all of you who do consistently turn up without fail. I understand some of you haven't been able to turn up every week but you have tried to participate in as many races as you can so a huge thanks to you guys also, means a lot honestly.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I'll show up, no time for practice so don't expect to be anywhere near the front, only when the reversal happens.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Someone hit me into turn 1 on the second lap and screwed my car as I headbutted a barrier. Didnt know if we could pit, I seem to recall we couldn't. Gave up when I lost the car in a straight line (I was steering almost 90 degree to go in a straight line).

2 races I have now been hit, whenever I watch the stream it's the cleanest racing going

On reflection: I shouldn't have rage quitted, but at the time I was very angry.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Enzo

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
First race saw me bump into ram, with loads of damage it was undriveable.
Race 2 my game crashed...
Sry @Enzo for the incident, my car got glued into your car, tried more to get free from your car than actually push you wide.
I was gonna give you the place but thought to do it safely on straight. ;)

Congratulations to a fun season and big congratz to C. Tscharf for winning the championship! :)

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Ok ...a Bit messy race 2. Since i was involved in some accidents i watched my replay a few times were trouble starts to happen and i apoligize for my move to go on track after going wide. 2 other cars went even more wide there in front of me and there were 2 options for me. 1 is full hit the car that was coming also on track again or try to avoid him. For me it is a automatic respons to avoid a accident when racing but unfortunately it caused a chain reaction :( involving championship leaders :notworthy:.
If the other cars did not made that move there was no trouble at all probably because i could keep my line and people would just past me.

Col.McCoy

F1 Champion
May 26, 2016
So being awake for 36 hours, jetlagged a bit as arrived out of Cuba this morning, I was looking forward to the race though...
I guess the only positive things I can say is that I put my fastest lap on the 2nd to last lap in the 2nd race, wich once again is prove that I did not train enough (not possible this time).

Race 2: I'm not putting anything to the stewards, but I would appreciate a reaction from @Mr AlcoN.
I gave space in the left corner, running wide a bit and therefor being slower up the hill, in my POV I'm not steering the car back onto the middle of the track but get hit and glued from behind as is visible on my steering angle.

Race 2 starts at 01:00

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Good season guys! Didn't quite work out as intended for me as a driver lol, but I enjoyed covering the races from the comms box. The format definitely made for a lot of exciting action! Hopefully I will see many of you in the GT3 in a couple of weeks :)

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Congrats to the champion @C. Tscharf Well deserved! Showing great speed and consistency in the sprint race and gentlemanship coming through the pack in the main races.

Thanx to @Enzo and @Nismo for running this league! A great iniative and for me it was great having some serious racing between seasons. Hope it will return in some format in the future.

@FisiFan91 and @StevieSQ for the great streaming and commentating! It's always fun to watch the races.

Thanx for the season and see you in future races!

Cheers!

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Firstly, Congrats to @C. Tscharf for the championship win!
Frankly amazing pace you can gain using the same car/setup as everyone else on the grid.

I'll go into a little more detail on the Main thread rather than here for a 'mini season review' type thing, but what I will quickly say (TL : DR for the main thread post), is that I have really enjoyed this season!
The format / concept is close to perfection imo, and the close racing is proof enough that default setups (if somewhat clunky) provide great races.
Watching the streams, it was very rare for the to be no action somewhere on the track.
And this is with less drivers on the grid than the GT3 season.

A BIG thank you to @Enzo & @Morvic for building this league! I really hope there is a season 2!!!

Thank you to @FisiFan91 & @StevieSQ for the entertaining Live Streams!

Thank you to all the drivers that took part in the league (not so much the ones that dropped out though).

To have finished in the top 5 is so far beyond where I thought I would manage, I'm truly shocked.
I guess this confirms that I can't setup a car for toffee, but I can at least be in the front half when the playing field is level.
And that's probably the most accurate way to measure your pace!

Thank you all!
The great wall of Andrex
(Like the great wall of China, but with added tartan / thistles / haggis / toilet paper!)

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
So being awake for 36 hours, jetlagged a bit as arrived out of Cuba this morning, I was looking forward to the race though...
I guess the only positive things I can say is that I put my fastest lap on the 2nd to last lap in the 2nd race, wich once again is prove that I did not train enough (not possible this time).

Race 2: I'm not putting anything to the stewards, but I would appreciate a reaction from @Mr AlcoN.
I gave space in the left corner, running wide a bit and therefor being slower up the hill, in my POV I'm not steering the car back onto the middle of the track but get hit and glued from behind as is visible on my steering angle.

Race 2 starts at 01:00
I think my intention was to try to go to your left but then got out of space and tried to go back to the right and thought I had more space ahead of me than I acctually had. Really sry m8 for ruining your race.. :(
Had just two terrible races last night due to me not being on my a-game. :/

• Informative
Reactions: Col.McCoy

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
i honestly want to say things
well done @Enzo, @Nismo im really enjoyed with bmw 320 great combinations tracks.if you will do a new organisation after some times ,i m going to be in.
great streams from @FisiFan91,@StevieSQ
all of you are really hard racers.great for AOR family.i like driving with you guys.
all during race as i always have tried to get clean race.im not too fast but i always had drove to fast with good pace.
thanks to all of you guys.
of course special thanks to my team mate @Col.McCoy