In-sim Time/Date settings:

Date: 16/3
Practice will begin at: 13.00
Qualifying will begin at: 13.45
Race will start at: 14.00
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.

Time:
Practice: 45 minutes starting at 17:30 (GMT)
Lone qualifying: 4 laps/15 minutes starting at 18:15 (GMT)
Race: 3 hours/180 minutes race with grid based on qualifying order with a rolling start beginning from 18:32 (GMT)

Track: Road America
Layout: Full Course

Absences:

Reactions: iktpq91

Tex Wheeler

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 13, 2018
I will miss the first round @The Genius . Will be driving from second round and onwards (y)

The Genius

Moderator & 1-time AOR XB1 GP2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Drivers, the first race is soon upon us and there is just a few things that still needs to be sorted and reminded of. Please make sure you all have sent in the livery so that you can have it on the car for the broadcast. No livery sent, you are not racing.

Then we have sorted you into the different classes in GTE into a pro and AM championship. If you are not happy, please message me and we can see what we can do.

Also do not forget to sign up to the league on the iracing website and make sure all your team mates have sign up here on AOR.

Lastly, if you have any questions just shoot away.

The Genius

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Drivers, the first race is soon upon us and there is just a few things that still needs to be sorted and reminded of. Please make sure you all have sent in the livery so that you can have it on the car for the broadcast. No livery sent, you are not racing.

Then we have sorted you into the different classes in GTE into a pro and AM championship. If you are not happy, please message me and we can see what we can do.

Also do not forget to sign up to the league on the iracing website and make sure all your team mates have sign up here on AOR.

Lastly, if you have any questions just shoot away.

Deerladog

F1 Test Driver
Aug 24, 2017
Mr Waldo, where would we be able to find the list of teams in Pro and Am? :)

The Genius

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Mr Waldo, where would we be able to find the list of teams in Pro and Am? :)
Good question my dear dog. If you go to the first post in the sign up thread you should be able to see it in the sheet at the buttom.

Deerladog

F1 Test Driver
Aug 24, 2017
Didn't think to check the signup sheet. I loomed at results and here though :p

Coombey97

Junior Karter
Mar 10, 2019
Sorry I'm new to AOR, looking forward to the race. Do we need to pre-set the number to our car in advance? I believe mine would be 298 as I am in the AM class.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Sorry I'm new to AOR, looking forward to the race. Do we need to pre-set the number to our car in advance? I believe mine would be 298 as I am in the AM class.
You don't have to worry about your car number. One of the league admins on Iracing will assign the correct car number to you. This number will automatically show up on the relative box and the stream.

So no action required from you.

Coombey97

Junior Karter
Mar 10, 2019
You don't have to worry about your car number. One of the league admins on Iracing will assign the correct car number to you. This number will automatically show up on the relative box and the stream.

So no action required from you.
Ok that's great, thanks for your help :)

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
#95 is unfortunately unlikely to participate.

Tom Bridle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2016
FYI, I won't be driving this first round

The Genius

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Attention:

Some key notes going into the first race of this league:

1. Read this!
Traffic Management

Multi-class racing is very fun, however its appeal is also its danger and frustration. The simple fact of it is that both LMP and GTE drivers are going to lose time negotiating the same piece of track. There's no point getting wound up about it.

Basic rules for GTE:
Do not move off line on corner exit to get out of the way for LMP1 cars, they have considerably more power and can accelerate faster out of the corner. It is far easy for them to move around you rather than reacting to you reacting to your mirror.

Stick to your line doesn't mean stay perfectly on the racing line:
Stick to your line on corner exit, and on straights, pick a side and stay there with as much notice as possible, but on corner entry do not just turn in blindly expecting that the LMP car will and must wait until corner exit. If so, that would be drastically unfair on them. They're racing as much as the GTEs are. Be aware.

Do not battle the LMP:
You're not going to prove anything if you go side by side pointlessly with an LMP car. They have more power, more aerodynamic grip and they're considerably faster. You're not going to be applauded for needlessly battling a car in a different discipline. Nor will you gain anything by out-braking them.

Basic rules for LMP:
Take care when lapping GTE cars. Corner exit and straights should be your primary go to for lapping GTE cars. However, that is not to say corner entry or going on the outside of long, fast corners is not allowed. All we're saying is be careful with these kind of moves. There is a reasonable limit and divebombing from a long way back on a GTE, going beyond that reasonable limit is only going to frustrate both of you and likely cause an incident.

Sometimes the traffics just not on your side
It's frustrating to see your rival get all the luck when lapping GTEs, getting them on straights while you're stuck behind them in the slow corners. This however is multi-class racing and if you can't accept that fact then you're not going to do very well. Sometimes the traffic is with you, other times not so and there's no use getting wound up or driving over aggressively to try and counter it. All that will happen is you'll end up in an incident which will ruin yours and someone else's race, which really isn't fair.

Speed difference:
Just keep in mind the inherent and drastic pace difference between the LMP1 and GTE cars. If you're following a GTE car through a corner, they will not get on the power as early as the LMP. They will probably have different braking patterns. Just take these things into consideration. Especially when they're battling.
Then I have noticed that the pit entry can be a bit of a risk. Be aware if you want to pit that there might be an lmp1 on your inside so you might not be able to make the dive exactly when you want. Please try to make your intentions clear as early as possible, preferably through voice chat.

It might be more but keep this in mind!

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
@The Genius As we are just a bunch of friends driving together, we dont have a livery. is it okay if we just drive with an irl porsche livery ?

The Genius

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
@The Genius As we are just a bunch of friends driving together, we dont have a livery. is it okay if we just drive with an irl porsche livery ?
Yes, but since you have not provided any livery at all for the overlay to display you can't race tomorrow, unfortunately.

Justin || Taz

XB1 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
Its currently looking at 50/50 to whether I'll be racing. I'll know for sure tomorrow

Justin || Taz

XB1 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016