S1: AOR iRacing Endurance - Round 2 - Silverstone GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S1: AOR iRacing Endurance - Round 2 - Silverstone GP

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
I have had another great race in an AOR league.

Thanks to all people spending their time to run the league - especially to mention the team coordinating the leage (@The Genius, @Stephan, @Justin || Taz), @Niclas Domino who manages everything around the liveries (which I think is as easy as herding cats...) and the broadcasting team.

Having said that, there are some observations I have made where there could be further improment made (involves drivers as well).
  • Was quite difficult in the first two races to identify whether you are racing a competitor of the GTE-PRO or GTE-AM league because some teams did not manage to update their car number in time. That should be easy to achieve for the next race.

• Teams with drivers of different Nationality seem to show up with the flag of the first driver on the broadcast. At least I know for sure that @Nagrom is not Austrian :sneaky:

• Commentators should have a list available with the proper team names and the drivers in the team. Maybe we (the team's) have to officially announce who is racing if not all drivers are racing every event. For sure we do not need to tell the strategie (stint split).

• Team Names should be shortened thus they can be really used in the broadcast. Quite difficult for the commentators if a team name is that long that that the scene is already past due before the team name is expressed.

• The replay feature needs to be fixed because very often in an replay not really the exptected race-sitaution is shown.

• Not sure what information is available to the commentators. But providing a lifetiming to them - and all other drivers - could further help to identify the interesting races situations and would help the teams as well.
    P.S.: I'm running JRT-Timing for my team but that's only available when I'm online - would be much better if it would be set up using the PC streaming and maybe the AOR website to distribute it. Could be even streamed as a separate camera to youtube thus people watching could switch themselve. If you want to talk further about this just sent me PM.

Reactions: The Genius

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
On the note of prefixes, I noticed some cars didn't have the correct prefix for their car numbers. Some said they were AM class when they clearly shouldn't be, and upon checking the signup thread they were in fact PRO as I had assumed. It gets very confusing and a little demoralising to see someone you're apparently in direct competition with going 3 seconds faster per lap than you and sniffing the ass of known aliens :p

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Hey @Merlin Cooper, thanks for the feedback and questions, I will try and answer some of them and some I might not have an answer for.

• Driver Numbers: Yea as this is a Team Race the numbers can't be PreFixed as in the other leagues. This means that all need to set there one number, but some forgot, and some don't seem to care, or as I did, Signed the wrong team up -.-

• Driver Flags: As this is the first time I am working on a team event with ATVO, there are still things I am learning, and as I only have the Team ID, the flag is ofc showing for the car and not for the driver. For this chance, I need Customer ID from all drivers, and even then I don't know if it will fix it. I might look into it. :)

• Team Names: We have had the Talk and from next season in ALL Leagues in iRacing, we will have a limit on how long a Team Name can be, I can ask all team to chance now that will be a massive thing and work.

• The Replay: This is down to new commentators and (Green Noobs) :D to the ATVO program, there is a lot to learn and it will take time, Mr. King also took some time to get it right, so this will come with experience, let's give them some time to learn :)

• Commentator Team and Driver List: This is in two parts. The Team name that is used for the overlay is from the sheets you can see in the sign-up thread, I am not checking if it is right. It is @The Genius and @Justin || Taz who needs to be sure that it is up to date. But you as a community can also see the Team Names if you're chance have not been updated then say it, we can't see it all we try but there is soo much to do. The Driver List: We can make something but with the amount of driver/team who is writing on the day that they cant race, is it really worth it?? Also, this is another thing for you all to do and that might not be a good thing, but I will look into it.

• Info that the Commentators have: They do have live timing and, it is showing when stuff happens, and when cars are close. But again we can't show everything, and again New people in the Box that have never used it before so they just need to learn it a bit, also nighter I or King was home and able to help them with the setup, so there was stuff they didn't know.

• JRT-Timing: I do know the program and I do see what you mean, but to "Broadcast" it one of the commentators would need to have it running on their PC and something about Port Forwarding, And I don't know If they will get the Data if they are not in the session as a Team/Driver but as they are only Spectating, But I do like the Idea and there are potential in it but a lot of things to get right.

@Deerladog

• The class system: First we don't have much data on drivers and some nothing, so we need to give what we think they are for there iRating, sorry but that is how it is. So some drivers might be misplaced, but the more races we have the better we can make the categories.

• If anyone saw something with the Skin Pack Pls say as we can get it fixed, But be specific.

I do hope that I have answered some of the questions that were put forward, and again thanks for the feedback @Merlin Cooper Gave me some more work :)

Reactions: Merlin Cooper

Tex Wheeler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2018
@Niclas Domino For some reason, it seems my livery was carrying the standard iRacing numberplate. Might have something to do with the fact I was not driving in the first race :unsure: That said, the livery I sent for the skin pack did not have numberplates at all; it could be somehow the livery was uploaded from trading paints.

Visible here (should start at right time): Blue Ford GT

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
@Niclas Domino For some reason, it seems my livery was carrying the standard iRacing numberplate. Might have something to do with the fact I was not driving in the first race :unsure: That said, the livery I sent for the skin pack did not have numberplates at all; it could be somehow the livery was uploaded from trading paints.

Visible here (should start at right time): Blue Ford GT
I need ID pls :)

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Well I have found you, and yea I can see that I have missed you in the update part of the skins, so that is my fault, it will be fixed for the next round

• Friendly
Reactions: Tex Wheeler

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@Niclas Domino I'm not suggesting an AM driver should be moved to PRO (yet), I'm suggesting that PRO drivers should not have the AM prefix for their car number :)

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 9, 2019
Had a nightmare in this one. First I was not feeling good before the race, but I could still race, without being a danger to anyone. But it all changed, when I pitted, after the first stint. I entered the pits with a car in front of me, who broke too early (FOR ME) and to avoid him I had to brake with 2 wheels on the grass. Luckely, I avoid the car in front and a big accident, but I made a spin, hit the wall, had a stop and go penalty. So that wasn't a rookie mistake. Just a way to avoid a big pile up in the pit entry.

One question, why there is no (more) publicity of this Endurance league on the Iracing forum? That would make us have a larger grid, something (I think that) everyone wants. My 50cents ;)

FATPENGUIN96

Pro Karter
Dec 29, 2014
On the note of prefixes, I noticed some cars didn't have the correct prefix for their car numbers. Some said they were AM class when they clearly shouldn't be, and upon checking the signup thread they were in fact PRO as I had assumed. It gets very confusing and a little demoralising to see someone you're apparently in direct competition with going 3 seconds faster per lap than you and sniffing the ass of known aliens :p
If this was in reference to myself, then I was definitely AM when I checked, they must have changed me to PRO just before or after the race. I did find it a bit odd that I had been put down as AM previously as I knew I could race on par with some of the drivers marked as PRO. But that is probably down to the fact that I don't really bother doing official races and so my iRating is at 2.6K currently.

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
It might be good to save the Customer ID with AOR Forum name's in a database for future reference as the people racing in the AOR GTE League already had to give their customer ID.
We kind of have but I don’t have any control of it, and I am using you’re ID to make sure that the ID I have is the same you are signing up with. Also we have maybe 20+ new drivers this season I still need info :). Also I am deleting stuff after eatch season to make sure I know who is in this season and who is not. I don’t care what you’re name is to be frank, all is controlled by the ID. So I will keep aske for it :) even if I know the ID, also I can see who is activ and who see all the massages. Also I am still working on all of this sheets to see what works bedst, so in the future you might have to answer fewer but I can’t promes any thing. I am also working on one to see who will race in the endurance races

Reactions: Def

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@FATPENGUIN96 I assume you are the super speedy Team Penguin :p there are also some others I think should be moved up, but that's not really my place to say.

iktpq91

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2018
@FATPENGUIN96 I assume you are the super speedy Team Penguin :p there are also some others I think should be moved up, but that's not really my place to say.
Next in line would be myself (v3 racing blue) and after that 2s endurance racing I think?

I really don't think I have the pace to compete with pro drivers. On top of that, I'm in Australia, so races are between 230am and 530am for me! So running on zero sleep when I get around to the race, and my concentration is certainly not at 100%. My pace at the best of times wouldn't ever get me a top 5 in pro. Would consider myself lucky if I got a top 10 overall!

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
If someine feels misplaced they are free to message me and we can discuss it. :)

• Scared
Reactions: Deerladog