S1: AOR iRacing Endurance - Round 3 - Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S1: AOR iRacing Endurance - Round 3 - Watkins Glen

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I'm a maybe for this, process of sorting wedding fittings and the only convenient time that appears to arise is early evening Saturday but I will keep you apprised

• Informative
Reactions: The Genius

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
I won’t be able to race this weekend, but I’ll be back for the next one. Good luck to all drivers.

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Skin Pack for R3.1 ( Sorry i did miss one team, it is now fixed)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tex Wheeler

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Skin Pack Update. Sorry i missed a team

Nilton

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 9, 2019
Hi just letting you know that im on Oculus and i have a stye in my leff eye, i will do my best to race but i don't wnat to couse any accident.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
That was fun! really 2 different races in 1.

I didn't get the chance to do any practice, so the 45min before the race were all I got. was fine being in the back after qualifying.
Weirdly had a ton of great battles in stint 1, lots of fun!
Stint 2 and 3 were all about staying concentrated and consistent, and I think I managed that. Few battles in there, but not much compared to stint 1.
Didn't expect to do so well, finishing P12 in GTEs.

Sadly, got turned around twice by the same prototype. Bit more awareness guys! The relative is key.

Coombey97

Formula Karter
Mar 10, 2019
Frustrating race from my end. Qualified P3 in AM and completely bottled lap 1 and went to the back. Had pretty good pace so got myself up through the field before spinning and going to the back again.
Double stinted my tyres and still had pretty solid pace all the way through the second stint.
Up to P2 in AM on for my best result when on the first lap with new tyres I put it in the wall :(
Lost 6 or so laps before coming home in a disappointing P4 (I think) in AM. Definitely a race of what could have been.

Tex Wheeler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2018
Sorry @krop and the team if I caused you damage, I think lifted too hard to give a little reaction time but in the end followed your spin :(

This was my second race with LC pedals, first was ILMS a couple of hours before the league race :p Should have practiced more, the pedals started tilting if pressed in certain way half way trough first stint (they lie on the floor against a wall). Have to fix that somehow :unsure: Also, first time I made a completely own setup from iRacing baseline :D Will probably post the setup somewhere.

I was pleasantly surprised to have decent pace for once, the first stint was one of my best simracing experiences. Loadcell brakes truly are game changers, even the cheapest Fanatec ones! Well, at least compared to my old T300RS standard pedals. Unfortunately took a stop'n hold penalty at first stop due to speeding, and what's worse, after the stop so had to come in again. After that it was going down when I drove alone at the back and lost concentration, spun a couple of times (might be a setup issue) and damaged car.

Oh well, on the next one. At least pace and consistency should be ok. Now I need a beer.

Knor The Dragon

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 19, 2014
That was fun! really 2 different races in 1.

I didn't get the chance to do any practice, so the 45min before the race were all I got. was fine being in the back after qualifying.
Weirdly had a ton of great battles in stint 1, lots of fun!
Stint 2 and 3 were all about staying concentrated and consistent, and I think I managed that. Few battles in there, but not much compared to stint 1.
Didn't expect to do so well, finishing P12 in GTEs.

Sadly, got turned around twice by the same prototype. Bit more awareness guys! The relative is key.
That was unfortunately me o_O

The first time I turned you, that was completely on me, I misjudged the gap between you and a VEC car, luckily I slowed down enough not to cause a massive accident, still, my fault

The second time pulled alongside you 3 wide with someone else as I didn't want to get stuck behind the battling GT's in the last sector, got turned by the other GT and slammed into you, I don't believe it was my fault as I gave plenty of room (I was on the white line on the right) to you two to go around you, but I apologise for it if it was my fault.

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
That was unfortunately me o_O

The first time I turned you, that was completely on me, I misjudged the gap between you and a VEC car, luckily I slowed down enough not to cause a massive accident, still, my fault

The second time pulled alongside you 3 wide with someone else as I didn't want to get stuck behind the battling GT's in the last sector, got turned by the other GT and slammed into you, I don't believe it was my fault as I gave plenty of room (I was on the white line on the right) to you two to go around you, but I apologise for it if it was my fault.
In the second incident we got involved as well. My team mate in a fight for position with @Stephan. Do have to add that trying to make a pass when you do see 2 GTE cars already two wide - that can work on a long straight but not at that part of the track. And by the way looking at the relative timing would have told you that the two GTE's are batteling.

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Here's just a quick summary of the Team "Porsche Endurance Racing".

This time @poisike78 and @Merlin Cooper were racing for the team (and @Nagrom did take a break). Like the races before we haven't had a race without failures - thus there is still room for improvement.

I did do qualifying and the start of the race. Qualifying went okay although I do not like single qualifying - prefere to have some traffic on track to not feel that "lonely". Having said that I was pleased with my time - although it wasn't my fastest lap time this season - and just being 3 thousends behind @Reith gives an outlook how close it could be in the GTE League race next monday.

Race start went great, had a surprising good race pace from the beginning and therefore made immediately the move on @Reith and successfully passed him. Was trying to build a gap and went on the gras at the braking point before turn 11 - had a big moment but was able to catch the car and no damage this time. But lost the position. Did easily close the gap to @Reith and made a pass on the outside of turn 5 (after the long straight). Already wondered why that is that easy - than my crew chief told me that I have fuel left for 5 laps o_O and I reallized that I did not fuel the car after qualifying :cry:

Thus I had to pit early, fuel the car and go out again. Until the second pit stop where I handed over the car to @poisike78 I had lonely race trying to do as good lap times I can. Felt like in single qualifying which I do not like that much (as I mentioned earlier). Seem's that I still could gain some time.

@poisike78 did two great stints catching position after position and we ended up on P2 (long time we thought it's P3 because two teams with car number 2## was ahead of us).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nagrom

Coombey97

Formula Karter
Mar 10, 2019
Another thing I did notice was that some people still haven't put their class prefix in their number which makes it difficult to know exactly who we're racing within our classes. I also noticed one pro team had an AM number which made me think I was directly racing them when I actually wasn't.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
@The Genius, @Stephan I don't think here in endurance league there's a bonus for clean race. But just in case, VEC-SIMRACING CYAN had 0 incident when crossing the finish line (don't ask me how it's possible, obviously :LOL:) and the ones they collected were because of me messing with them after the checkers...