S10, Sprint Race, L9, Causing Driver to go off track following overtake & Ignoring Blue Flags | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S10, Sprint Race, L9, Causing Driver to go off track following overtake & Ignoring Blue Flags

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Season: MX5 TC League
Round: 2
Race: Sprint
Lap: 6
Track: -Goodwood circuit
Member(s) Involved: Ashracer2011 and @BL99DY-NINE

Type of Incident: Forcing a driver off the race track by driving into them, then failing to wait and allow the driver to recover back passed.

League Coordinator*
: @Jackiid15 @Delaney @Hasnain @TubbyPhantom @Gareth Kirk
Witnesses: Bl99dy-Nine

Evidence Account:
I am looking for clarification of the rules as this is the second week someone has bashed me off track and kept the position, whilst i'm forced to lose time and risk losing control of my car from being off track due to the contact from them.

I'm alongside Bl99dy-Nine leading up to Fordwater, the position indicator shows a change of position occurs as our cars are level, I receive firstly a nudge into my car from Bl99dys car, which is then followed by a much larger impact that caused me to go off track and lose the position back to him. As there is no need for the contact as there is sufficient space in this corner to allow two cars side by side, especially when the overtake has been initiated on the straight before the corner. Following this the position was not returned or yielded, yet I had lost the position and time to this incident.

1.1 Clean racing

● Race cleanly at all times. No contact should occur between cars on track, and as a driver you are required to do your best to avoid this from happening. Accidents can happen, but if you are at fault for causing a collision, you are likely to be penalised.
● If you accidentally take out another car, or are responsible for causing an incident, you have to slow down and safely let the affected car(s) back in front of you on track, as long as the circumstances allow it. Even if it doesn't benefit the other car, that is the punishment you have to take for causing a collision. If you fail to follow this rule, you are likely to receive a harsher penalty by the stewards if the incident is reported after the race. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going.
1.3 Defending

● Excessive weaving and blocking is not allowed. When defending from another car, choose a line on the track and stick to it. Do not force a chasing car off the track by leaving it too little room. If the attacking car is alongside you going into a corner (generally if the attacking car's front wheels is alongside the defending car's rear wheels), you must adjust your line to avoid contact.

Evidence Videos:

Season: MX5 TC League
Round: 2
Race: Sprint
Lap: 14
Track: -Goodwood circuit
Member(s) Involved: Ashracer2011 and @Intotheobscurity

Type of Incident: Ignoring blue flags and blocking a driver from passing

League Coordinator*
: @Jackiid15 @Delaney @Hasnain
Witnesses: @Intotheobscurity

Evidence Account:
I am looking for clarification of the rules as this is the second week I've also had issues with drivers being lapped and not following the gentlemanly rules as signed up for.

I realise its not an easy task being at towards the rear of the field and it's quite annoying to have to let people past when you might be having a bad race or just not liking the track. The blue flag rules are designed to give people who are lapping slower drivers the opportunity to continue their own race against the positions nearest to them without penalty of having stop and overtake another car they aren't racing for position, unfortunately this was ignored on this occasion and cost me time in my race which could of given me a better result against those I was racing.

Rules Extract:

2.1 Being lapped

● We are running with the in-game rules & flags system, which means that game should alert you with a blue flag when you are about to be lapped. When being lapped, it is your responsibility to let the leaders through safely at the earliest opportunity, without blocking them. Also, you can see if the driver is a lap higher than you by looking at the mini-map - the car will be highlighted by a red colour, instead of regular grey one.

● As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to move out of your way. Therefore, flashing your lights at a competitor you are racing for position is not to be used as a "distraction technique" or in anger at an incident.

Evidence Videos:

Last edited:

Intotheobscurity

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 14, 2018
Hmm strange I Honestly don't remember that incident on the last few laps, you were very close to me yet it looks like I was on a different race from you. I wouldn't simply ignore you being right beside me like that, nor ignore the blue flag rules. You can clearly see I didn't even react to you being there.
Sadly I don't have my replay saved so I can't counter the evidence provided by Ash. There was a few glitches with people being stuck in pits I don't recall if you were one of them for me.

jutngo

Formula Karter
Sep 25, 2019
I'll check my replay later dudes. I think I remember ash going into the pits just ahead of me then being shown as in the pits but leading the race on the driver rankings.
Will have a look at my replay to see if mine shows something different from what ash was seeing.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 1st Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I’ll also upload mine tomorrow, same thing that happened with @Ashracer2011 being stuck in the pits with Manx and Hayc for me in the feature

jutngo

Formula Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Yip. In my replay you're not on track with us at that point but stuck doing a wheelie in the pits! Could have been a lot worse.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Very bizarre, shall we penalise the ghost of christmas past then:ROFLMAO: At least you can see why someone would be annoying from my videos. So is that a problem with your game as I could see everyone at the time?

I think the same happened with Wobbie in the feature race then as he disappeared off the track for 3 or 4 laps then appeared again.

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

jutngo

Formula Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Yeah, from your point of view it does just look like everyone was totally ignoring you!
Not sure who to penalise for that? Just give Kaz a 10 second penalty next time he's on track!

Reactions: Ashracer2011

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
There was an issue with the pit lane when Goodwood (Gruntwood?… Groanwood? Grownwood?) was first introduced, however it's been some time since then and we (Delaney & I) assumed it had been patched. If it is any consolation there is little chance we will race here again as it's not a suitable track for most of the cars we race.

Verdict: 50pp and 3 minutes time penalty to Goodwood, PSN & Polyphony:D

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
The Stewards have decided to take no further action. It seems that there was de-sync with @Ashracer2011 appearing in the pits for everyone else in the race hence why it seemed like they were driving like he wasn't there from his PoV. We will consider and test this for any future races planned at this track.

Closed.

@BL99DY-NINE @Intotheobscurity

Status
Not open for further replies.