S11 Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S11 Feedback Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016

Hello everyone!

Another action packed season has come to an end.
There was epic racing, tight battles, some extremely close championships, and some run-away champions as well.

We had some long races, some dark, some wet ones.

We've had amazing commentary by our commentators.

Now, it's time for you to share your thoughts?

What did you like about the season?
What should we change?
What should we keep doing?

What would you like to see for S12?

Let us know! Now is the time to influence our Project Cars 2 leagues for 2019 :)

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I'll let you know once my seasons finished... Still got a race to run lol

VSR_Rotary

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
A sensational season, I couldn’t really find any faults in S11, I do ask for the conditions for races to be tested beforehand to see how the cars perform since some drivers find it difficult to maintain race pace and qualifying pace. Other than that I’ve got no issues, maybe double points for the 90min races, might make drivers practice more and want to finish the races more. And the rules regarding drivers leaving sessions needs to be stricter, multiple times in my tier drivers left the race full well knowing the rules yet only received warnings, frequent quitters need to be punished. But that’s all, looking forward to the Christmas break and coming back stronger for S12! (Thanks AOR STAFF FOR YOUR AMAZING WORK!)

VP_SirRacealot

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 10, 2018
Great season overall, so have very little complaints. However one recommendation to possibly consider is a backup commentator / broadcast crew as in tier 1 of PS4, 4 of our races were not streamed and there was no back up to fill in. The commentators do a great job but a backup crew just in case doesn’t sound like a bad idea to me.

Have a great Christmas and Happy new year everyone, see you next season. Next time I’m going for one position better...
Thanks everyone

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
I had a lot of fun this season. But there are somethings that might be changed.
I'd like to see advanced tyre wear stopped and return back to normal. Most of the time it didn't even make a difference, and when it does make a difference it takes away the initial reason of the mandatory pit stop, which I thought was for people who had a crash in the first lap still give a fighting chance. And in addition to that it also makes the races less strategic when you have to change tyres. Because then you have to drive till a certain point. so you can't pit early to get out of traffic.

Weather was fine for me, I don't mind that the track is colder sometimes. One thing I did miss were races where it went from dry to wet or the other way around. I found that those races were really fun because you had to time your pit really good.

in addition to an endurance race, maybe it would be possible to have a race day where there is a sprint race and a main race, where main race starting order is reverse grid from sprint race. Don't know what the best way for points is then tho.

Commentary was great, but like @VP_SirRacealot said it would be great that there would be a backup because some really great races weren't streamed. And if the main guys are there the backup could do tier2.

Thanks for organising this :)

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Nice season, good coordinators and commentators, really fun.

One thing though, maybe you should be more severe concerning
- people missing races/leaving the championship, sometimes not even announcing it.
- people not finishing races, just because they are a few positions down to where they are capable of.

In my opinion, for people missing races or leaving the championship (for whatever reason), maybe you could disallow them to have a main driver spot next season, so they will only be able to be a reserve driver.

NGR_EnvoyXtreme

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 20, 2018
I liked this season as a whole.

Only thing I want is FERRARI GT3. Been participating in last 2 seasons and No Ferrari. No significant advantage and be dying to drive a Ferrari GT3

Other thing is perhaps more races is possible. As well have a special 2 hour endurance race for double points.

Reactions: MrEmAych and Tomji_

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I liked this season as a whole.

Only thing I want is FERRARI GT3. Been participating in last 2 seasons and No Ferrari. No significant advantage and be dying to drive a Ferrari GT3

Other thing is perhaps more races is possible. As well have a special 2 hour endurance race for double points.
In S5 we had 12 races and quite a lot of guys thought it was a couple to many.
Also, when the Ferrari was banned it had a significant advantage, but now I think that has been reduced. Certainly testing has been happening for the reallowance of it..
2 hours can be difficult for some time zones, and double points in a race where more DSCs will happen is always a bit of an issue.

Reactions: IsaacS04

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
mostly the season was good, although I thought the aim was to make tyre choice one or the other and it was far from that - IMO that added an element of strategy , but those with limited time to practice struggled. Accelerated tyre wear didn't seem to have much affect.

Colours of the results table.
Podium finishes should stand out more. The 3rd place finishes stand out more than the wins..

Non attendance
People who don’t bother to turn up most of the season should be allowed to sign up next season but be placed on the reserves list.

Time Trial x2 - most people will try multiple cars anyway..
maybe run the Ferrari @ Sakitto – then we have a lot of data to see if it is OP

also do TT in car you are going to use for the season to prevent people doing TT in slow car to get in lower tier then turning up in the fastest car and dominating.
also no TT should be accepted with default setup - the rules say that you need to make a "reasonable effort" - no one races with default setup so doing the TT with one is not a reasonable effort or indication of the drivers speed.

loosing all points for a car change is a bit harsh, maybe change that to loose x amount of points or a % of points - people get bored or struggle with a car and there's no incentive to go on if all points are taken away.

Reactions: JeroCalleja_SPA

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
Had my first season in Tier 5 on PS4 and it was fantastic. Really enjoyed it and cannot wait for sign ups to being for the next one already.

We had a couple of problems where we didn't have a back up host when our host was sick, which unfairly put the pressure on someone else to get everything set up and stand in as a host last minute. So perhaps back up hosts and/or league coordinators should be declared at the start of the season.

We had 2 races this season where the session was interrupted between qualifying and the race, meaning we were out of position on the grid. For both of these races, the AOR formation laps were awful, with people struggling to get into position and everyone starting on cold tyres. We had a great method in the Ginetta GT5 leagues, where people went either side of the track and pole sitter will drive through, then you just follow whoever you're behind when they go past you. This should be enforced as a backup.

And selfishly, I know I'm down the tiers, but I would love to have a commentator down in the lower leagues, but I'm presuming there aren't enough to cover all tiers across all platforms?

Ultimately, thanks so much to everyone at AOR, all the staff, league coordinators, hosts (and stand ins), as well as all fellow racers. Roll on S12.

scld1808

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 27, 2018
Season 11 was a good season in my opinion, would of hoped to finish more races but that’s onliem racinggg!!!. Few things I think should be changed for season 12 include tyre wear and conditions. Authentic tyre wear in my opinion is the better option as you can push the car more with having to worry about the wear, such as in some races this season it felt more like cruising the car around rather than pushing it. Also the conditions for a lot of races this season have been appalling, they have been rather cold or just the fact that cars feel like they have no grip at all. Sometimes neither compound works on certain tracks and conditions. One more thing is about commentators, fair enough if they cannot make it I get that but I feel reserves are necessary in this situation. Overall tho great season with good battles and quite a close championship in all fairness!!!!

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Season 11 was a good season in my opinion, would of hoped to finish more races but that’s onliem racinggg!!!. Few things I think should be changed for season 12 include tyre wear and conditions. Authentic tyre wear in my opinion is the better option as you can push the car more with having to worry about the wear, such as in some races this season it felt more like cruising the car around rather than pushing it. Also the conditions for a lot of races this season have been appalling, they have been rather cold or just the fact that cars feel like they have no grip at all. Sometimes neither compound works on certain tracks and conditions. One more thing is about commentators, fair enough if they cannot make it I get that but I feel reserves are necessary in this situation. Overall tho great season with good battles and quite a close championship in all fairness!!!!
Problem with PS4 is we haven’t got guys queuing up to commentate :( we only have the ones for tier 1 and if they can’t do it for whatever reason then unfortunately we have no backup, hopefully this will change for s12 and all upcoming seasons with the popularity of aor :giggle:

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
Enjoyed the season but would appreciate a few changes:

- 2 races with sprint reversed grid
- more excited calender with legandary circuits
- more variety in grid ( 2 cars a car each)
- get rid of advanced tire wear, a crime for using softs

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
mostly the season was good, although I thought the aim was to make tyre choice one or the other and it was far from that - IMO that added an element of strategy , but those with limited time to practice struggled. Accelerated tyre wear didn't seem to have much affect.

Colours of the results table.
Podium finishes should stand out more. The 3rd place finishes stand out more than the wins..

Non attendance
People who don’t bother to turn up most of the season should be allowed to sign up next season but be placed on the reserves list.

Time Trial x2 - most people will try multiple cars anyway..
maybe run the Ferrari @ Sakitto – then we have a lot of data to see if it is OP

also do TT in car you are going to use for the season to prevent people doing TT in slow car to get in lower tier then turning up in the fastest car and dominating.
also no TT should be accepted with default setup - the rules say that you need to make a "reasonable effort" - no one races with default setup so doing the TT with one is not a reasonable effort or indication of the drivers speed.

loosing all points for a car change is a bit harsh, maybe change that to loose x amount of points or a % of points - people get bored or struggle with a car and there's no incentive to go on if all points are taken away.
I usually race with a default or almost default setup-so for me and any others like me it is relaistic of pace.

Reactions: MrEmAych

Killg0re NL

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 14, 2018
Had my first season in Tier 5 on PS4 and it was fantastic. Really enjoyed it and cannot wait for sign ups to being for the next one already.

We had a couple of problems where we didn't have a back up host when our host was sick, which unfairly put the pressure on someone else to get everything set up and stand in as a host last minute. So perhaps back up hosts and/or league coordinators should be declared at the start of the season.

We had 2 races this season where the session was interrupted between qualifying and the race, meaning we were out of position on the grid. For both of these races, the AOR formation laps were awful, with people struggling to get into position and everyone starting on cold tyres. We had a great method in the Ginetta GT5 leagues, where people went either side of the track and pole sitter will drive through, then you just follow whoever you're behind when they go past you. This should be enforced as a backup.

And selfishly, I know I'm down the tiers, but I would love to have a commentator down in the lower leagues, but I'm presuming there aren't enough to cover all tiers across all platforms?

Ultimately, thanks so much to everyone at AOR, all the staff, league coordinators, hosts (and stand ins), as well as all fellow racers. Roll on S12.
+1

i'd like to add the following:
When the lobby has to restart, it might be a good idea everybody moves to their side of the track And the TierLeader?, calls out the drivers, so then they can move out on the starting order. Problem solved. After that everybody can mute their mic. again (But they should be able to communicate ingame (not working when the player is in a party)

And TT should be done by everyone, Great for our #1 and 2 players, but in our T5 those first finishers were insanely fast for our Tier (everybody was lapped at least once..)

* What did you like about the season?
The way things are organised, very nice and wel setup, and the results sheet are amazing.

* What should we change?
1 All players in the ingame chat. With a Mic mute option (cause i did like not getting distracted by other players shifting up and down, barking dogs or yelling kids and wife's :D)

2 Every player has to perform a TT, perhaps in the car you want to attend the next season in. (on the 1st track thats beiing used for the upcomming season?)
So that will improve the TT setup investment, and won't loose you any time working on a setup you ain't gonna use that season.

3 Perhaps, beside having a backup host, a secondary admin aswell? As we all do this for fun, and practising takes time, the AOR admin part takes time aswell. So when needed, have a primary and secondary Tier Admin.

* What should we keep doing?
Keep the proffesionalism high ( not sure if thats even a proper english word, but will be from now on)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jeroen81 and Tomji_

LiboCZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
I could easily copy and paste my feedback of the Season 10 here because I still love everything here in AOR :) Well, even I managed to get to top 5 in one reverse grid, I still can really imagine season without reverse grid races :p And the other thing is I want to have Ferrari back, of course it depends if it is still OP or not, but I just love the car :)

Special mention has to definitely goes to my Tier coordinator @poisike78 who made again fantastic job through the whole season, well done!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: Ranno and Marvin

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
I usually race with a default or almost default setup-so for me and any others like me it is relaistic of pace.
ok, i was thinking more of fast people using default setup for TT, then being able to go quicker with a setup..ie sandbagging...

but that's just my view, talking of which i'd like to see it forced cockpit view to see if all these peeps that sit on the bonnet can really drive!

Mildenman27

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Aug 6, 2018
Hi

Cracking season in terms of the running of it and the drivers. The points system works well allowing consistent drivers to have a crack at the title.

Things I would change?

As above our commentators when present did a good job but it was hard to take that there was no stream of the top tier for nearly half the season. Ok I no health issues caused this but I would have thought back ups could have been found

Also as above the track left a little to be desired not great choices but we all got on with it. Track temperature caused the most upset in our team as it just didn’t allow us to use softs and lack grip on hards.

Attendance from drivers was another issue as rarely we had a full grid again for a top tier it should be a big compliment to race in the elite league

Things I would like to see?

Ferrari no reason that car should be banned

Allow different cars in a team

Allow similar coloured cars in this case
(Yellow Porsche yellow Audi as example)

Allow one free car change as long as the majority of the grid vote in favour

Cap the number of each manufacturer allowed
(Example allow 4 Audi’s 4 Lamborghini etc)

That’s it finally thanks again to @AOR Davidben for running the show and the other AOR staff for practice races etc

• Disagree
Reactions: Noxvi and Martynvr

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Ferrari can be BOP'd right?

Plus id like for all splits to be streamed, why not show theres more than 1 tier

Also default setups for all? Less on setups and more on drivers

Reactions: TrickiestCOL