S11 Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S11 Feedback Thread

eXcole

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 11, 2018
Conditions
In my mind its impossible to please everyone if the temperatures are in a certain range where either softs or hards are possible (also depending on skill/speed ofcourse). If you shift it one way or the other, its possible a whole other group of people have problems. Also how would they know beforehand? They would need alot of people from various skill levels who also put in a 'bit' of effort to determine if its good across the board or not. And thats not a guarantee. Same ofc if the conditions vary per tier - and practice races would be splitted also, with maybe some 10 people in it. Sadly i think there's no solution for everyone except avoiding said temperature range. And personally i don't think thats a good solution either.
I mean it was intented to make the decision clear this season and they probably thought it was. The fact it wasn't for some makes it clear for me that this goal should be abandoned.

Otherwise i liked the weather mostly. Sad there was no transition from dry to wet or vice versa, that always brings in excitement - as long as its not to sudden.

Reversed Grid
I agree with @LeoNTheSickOne
I don't think it makes much sense that people who crashed or drove badly in the first races will be put at the front (or reserves who didn't praticipate yet). Getting crashed or being unlucky also plays a role, so to give more time to make up for that i would also set these races to a later spot in the season, maybe Round 5 and 8 or 9.
And please no Double Points. These races are designed to maybe close some gaps, a chance to make up some points and promote racing people you normally don't race - not turn the table upside down. Considering that its also likely the top guys make it to the front, that would even widen the gap. Did i mention guys who can't praticipate or get taken out? Nooho!

Final Round
Would like it to be longer, so 1,5h like the reversed grid.
Someone suggested that the final round should always be the same track. Maybe something to consider. The conditions can vary every season. If you ask me, just use the Nordschleife and be done with it. :whistle:

The odd One
There should always be an odd track on the calendar. This season it was Texas. Theres technically not much to this track, but oval+conditions made it something that stood out for me. Could also be that there wasn't much 'learning the track' involved. So the odd one could also be a short version of a 'normal' track. Can't give examples as i don't know the limitations regarding player slots.

Ferrari
Yep.
(Wouldn't use it though)

Not finishing
I think it's bad sport to not finish a race just because of an accident (damage), or other reasons that are not RL related (cat on fire). You can do that in practices, no one cares, but in the official race it should be everyones incentive to make the best out of the situation at hand and keeping the grid as full as possible for as long as possible. As long as it gets back to the pits the race is only over when the flag is out. You never know, maybe there can still be battles? Some points to grab? Just bc one is out of the fight for the win or usual Position doesn't mean its okay to just **** off (sorry).
Its in the rules. But i don't see it enforced - correct me if i'm wrong please. If finishing in the points (even retiring to the pits can give some) isn't incentive enough it is my opinion that it should be handled the other way around, with penaltys. If the car is wrecked without a chance then a screenshot should be provided. Not hard to do. If the cat really is threatening to kill the goldfish say it in discord or chat - it would get noticed if it happens more than once.

Formation Point
On some tracks the formation point was set very late. Even if the leader sticks to the speed limit, sometimes there wasn't enough time for the rest of the grid to form up without creating a risk (driving too fast to catch up to the slower field already in formation). So the leader has to slow down. Hopefully he can hear the cries *cough*. Especially true in the rain, as both Oschersleben and Oulten had that problem. In Oschersleben i was leading the pack and i was sticking exactly to the limit, slowed down before the formation point (as was discussed), and still not everyone was in position before the last turn. Just set the point a bit earlier so there is no adjusting needed and everyone can concentrate on the start.

Car Variety
There's a thread for that, but i want to give my opinions in one place.
Surely it would be good if theres more variety on the grid. I think it's better in the lower tiers, but some cars just can't compete. I don't see a general car limit succeeding, the reasons being stated countless times. So if there's no incentive to drive these 'slower' or 'difficult' cars, we would need to create one. Until there are 2 or more on the grid for example. What AOR can really offer to make that worthwile i don't know. We can't balance the cars, but we could balance the points (modifier). If thats really a fair thing to do i don't know either. But i can't think of anything else thats not already discussed in the past.

Choosing the car blind next time around maybe helps a bit, so why not. But it's not like the choice doesn't get discussed behind the scenes.

Edit:
Cockpit View
I'm in favor of forcing cockpit view. We do alot of other things to be closer to Real Life, but this gets always shot down and explained away (as far as i have seen). I can't see closer racing thats not there if everyone drives in cockpit view. I do and alot of others do also, plenty close racing. Maybe it would have an effect regarding keeping an eye on your rival and not sticking it deep in every corner if you're not sure where he is. What driving from the hood has to do with simracing i simply don't understand.

I think thats all.
As this was (or is, as T2 isn't finished) my first season, i also wanted to say thankyou for putting in all the work into making it as enjoyable, fun and fair as possible - to all involved creating and coordinating this league. (y)

Last edited:

Murph

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2018
Still have the re-run of Laguna Seca to do yet so my season isn't officially over but regardless I would like to add my feedback in my 2nd complete season in AOR. Overall, I throughly enjoyed it. Had some fantastic racing with some fantastic people and overall I don't have much to complain but here's my opinion on what some thing's people have said.

CONDITIONS:

Having originally played the game on Xbox and transitioned over to PC for the last 2 seasons, I do feel sorry for the guys on console as there is a clear difference in regards to the affects of conditions/temperatures have on the track. As an example, generally the PC is better suited and can cope better to the cold temps as a whole while I know on Xbox the same cold temperatures would turn a track into a potential ice rink (ice glitch anyone?)... Maybe a consideration to have 2 different sets of weather centres for PC and console...

Also personally I do felt we could of used a race where there was a variable with the rain, or least a transition of sorts (light to heavy, dry to wet as an example). Also wet qualifying meant whoever got out on track first generally meant they had a slight advantage (though that doesn't really bother me personally)..

CAR SELECTION:

I'm definitely happy to allow the Ferrari back, though I probably won't use it myself. I would of loved to have seen more of a variety myself but that's just down to how the game is. Fast people want to compete but need the faster performing cars to perform. Again, I'm personally not against some kind of tier based system where based on previous season results drivers would only be able to select from a selection of cars, but that has the potential to make a few people a bit unhappy due to car selection... But we have seen the in past people coming out of nowhere with a car that isn't the 'meta' and make it work... I did see someone mention default setups but that would be a disaster. I have enjoyment in taking cars which people generally don't use but to make them competitive they do need a lot of setup work.

PENALTIES/ABSENTEES:

I do feel there need's to be a stricter policy in regards to people signing up and not racing. Looking at the leaderboards of certain tiers and you can see the DNS of some drivers which quite frankly ask the question why sign up in the first place. It's understandable if something comes up mid season which requires urgent attention, which i'm sure other drivers would understand if it's serious, but seeing some people race just the first race and then never to return just annoys me... That slot could be been used for someone in a lower tier who can attend most/all races...

OTHER:

Agree with @eXcole that some formation points on the formation we're a little too late in some tracks, maybe bring the a little earlier or slightly lower the speed before the formation point by a few mph/kph, so that the field is ready to go at the back.

Reactions: Lindholdt

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Suggestion: Provide a cross tier results sheet by taking the race times of each member and sorting them. Would be interesting to see how the tiers overlap.

Suggestion: For promotion/publicity purposes provide sponsor mechanise as a prize for being closest guess to each Tier 1 pole time. Like a Hype Energy T-shirt.

Suggestion: Create practice race discord channels with member limits so we don't need to count how many people are in the room, @AndrexUK ran out of fingers and toes on many occasions. As to how he counted to 26 on his fingers and toes is really not for us to ask!
For the cross tier result sheet a big issue is the varying formation lap speeds, it is easy to pick up half a minute when compared to another tier on a non-racing lap.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I wouldn't like to see the finale always be the same track, but I would like to see tracks repeated more often. Maybe have a public vote and have 10 "Category A" tracks. 5 of these would be used each season, but not necessarily a fized every other season. The rest of the tracks would be "Category B" and would maybe appear only once every 3 or 4 seasons. "Category C" would be tracks the eleague shouldn't run on at all.

JKay14

AOR ACC S3 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
I really would like the Ferrari included for season 12 as I haven't had the chance to race it yet since joining the league in Season 10.

Perhaps consider an accelerated time of day for one of the 90 minute rounds? It'll be cool to race through the day and end at night / vice versa!

We need Monza on the calendar for Season 12!

Reactions: Kapo

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
I really would like the Ferrari included for season 12 as I haven't had the chance to race it yet since joining the league in Season 10.

Perhaps consider an accelerated time of day for one of the 90 minute rounds? It'll be cool to race through the day and end at night / vice versa!

We need Monza on the calendar for Season 12!
Would love a day/night or night/day race!

Reactions: JKay14

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
As an extra note from me as i see a few people commenting on it.

I love the fact that this season the rain races are PURE rain. There are no dry to rain or rain to dry. Going from dry to rain or vice versa has been tested before but it was HORRIBLE. You never know when the rain comes and in previous season it came just 5 minutes before the race ended. I definitely think the only way to do rain is to keep it 1 weather and pure rain through the entire race!

Khaled77

F1 Test Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Great organization, very friendly and helpful cods/mods. Great environment. Thanks to AOR and all racers for the fun. My only suggestion for next season: add a third endurance race at le mans.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Great organization, very friendly and helpful cods/mods. Great environment. Thanks to AOR and all racers for the fun. My only suggestion for next season: add a third endurance race at le mans.
Sadly the full length ale Mans has never been ran in this

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
Hello everyone, I have read all the posts of this thread and there are many suggestions regarding the calendar, perhaps this may be interesting. How would you like to use the official Blancpain calendar? In Pcars2 we have 7 of the 10 official circuits 2018, just missing Paul Ricard, Misano and Hungaroring that could be replaced each season by 3 different circuits or by resistance circuits such as the Combined Nurburgring (where the VLN is disputed) or LeMans. In this way we could resemble virtual competition to real competition. Greetings.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Season isn't over for me but here is my feedback.

Lobby & Host
During race one of T4 on ps4 we ran into problems and there was no back up host at the time. To his credit @Mhill our coordinator tried everything to get the race running however eventually it was called off. Had there been a back up host I think this race could have got going and the season would have ended on schedule. So in future seasons perhaps make sure there is a back up host in place.

Tracks & Weather
No real complaints about the weather or tracks for me. I enjoyed all the tracks even though some weren't my favourite to race on. Only thing I'd like to see is changeable conditions such as wet to dry or dry to wet races. Apart from that no complaints.

Car Selection
This seems to be a topic everyone is bringing up. Personally the tier I drove in had a good mix of cars with McLaren, Merc, Porsche, Audi and Lambo all represented. I don't have any issues with the ferrari being added, I don't view it as being over powered but more a case of its a solid all round car. There shouldn't be any limits to how many of each car as thatbwill just create arguments of who gets what car. Imagine you do your practice in a lambo to be told at sign uon you can't go it and have to choose another car.

This was my first season since S6 and not a great deal has changed. Had a blast, made a few new friends and maybe an enemy lol Good fair racing and a good bunch of gents who were all a good laugh. Hoping S12 will have the same spirit.

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
I fill like track conditions and track selection was spot on so thanks to everyone who made it happen..
There is only a few things I would like to see 5 more min in quaily just for people who disconnect and have wheel issues because with 10 min they only have 6 min to fix what ever problem they have and rejoin I think this would solove a lot of issues...
Iwould like to see the race time extended as well by 15 min for both normal races and the endrunce race I fill like the hour race is to short
I would like to see a bit more dry to wet races or wet to dry really liked this in s10 plus mixes things up
I really thing the championship needs a few more rounds like 12 I fill like if u have a DNF it's to hard to pull back the points in 9 rounds or drop your worse result at the end of the season I would prefer the first idea
I would like to see authentic tyre wear back I fill like accelerated tyre wear has taken the softs totally out of the picture and therefor taken a few of the cars out that love to run softs

Reactions: David Novitzky

David Novitzky

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 9, 2018
Time trials should be redone I think. Either with a single car and default setup or open setup but in the car that you will be driving the whole season.
Ferrari with default should be the best option to determine Tiers too :)

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I can't think of much to say about this season since I really enjoyed it for the most part, so I'll just add my opinions to some topics others have already raised.

Calendar:
I enjoyed the calendar for this season. Seeing Silverstone, Spa and Nurb Combined was half the reason I signed up for this league. Although it did baffle me why you chose Texas instead of Daytona. As far as I'm concerned Texas is just Daytona but shitter in every way. I do like the idea that somebody else brought up of PC2 has 7 of the 10 tracks ran in the Blancpain calendar, 8 if you count RBR being added in 2019.

Conditions:
An improvement on S10 for sure, but some tracks were still too cold for hards, Dubai being a prime example where neither tyre was viable. Maybe aliens can use the hards, but as somebody else said its much easier for T1 to slow down to prevent overheating than it is for everyone else to speed up to get heat in the tyres. We're in lower tiers because we are unable to speed up.

Ferrari + Car Choices:
The 488 has been nerfed since S9, and IMO is no longer OP. I think the staff may have already seen a video I made on the subject. People have suggested that we limit the number of each car in each tier, and I believe that's an awful idea. People will just leave before they even start because they can't take the car they want.

Accelerated Wear:
I get why you did it, but it failed. Most races could get away with no tyre changes, and if you did need a tyre change then it kind of defeated the point of mandatory stops. Put it back to how it was in S10 IMO.

Endurance Races:
I loved an excuse to drive Spa and Nurb for longer, 10/10. Reverse grids are a pretty good meme, made for some great content to look back at. On a miscellaneous note because I'm too lazy to make another title, I agree with the idea of everybody dropping their lowest scoring round. Sometimes life gets in the way, or you get punted into the middle of next week, it makes a degree of sense.

If I think of anything else I'll make another post. See you next season!

David Novitzky

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 9, 2018
Idea of dropping the lowest scoring race is that you still have to participate in it and maybe complete 50% of it or the whole 100% dont know whats more fair

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I think the rule is best used to apply to all rounds, regardless of the driver's attendance. Its not fair to punish a driver who genuinely could not attend a race for a legitimate reason just because somebody else couldn't be bothered to show up, ruining the rule for everyone. We all sign up for 10 races, but you cannot see the future. It also has the benefit of giving reserves a better chance at achieving a better finishing position overall, as even the most enthusiastic reserve may be forced to miss a race due to grid size limitations.

Reactions: Nagrom