FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
AOR PC Split 1 League - Season 13
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

2. What's your previous league racing experience?

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well!

We hope you all will do your best to race cleanly and enjoy the ups and downs (maybe not so much the downs) of the league racing experience over the coming season :)

Last edited:

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
Hi guys,

The name is Marco,31, Dutch and been racing with AOR since season 8 on F1 2013 starting in split 3.
Currently using a thrustmaster T300RS with the F1 rim and T3PA Pro pedals, it drives fine but it breaks a lot.
Looking forward to this little shorter season around the end of the games lifecycle, ive also managed to get in the 2017 beta again like last year so i will focus some of my time on testing that handling when the time comes, since we already drove a season on this game im confident in the strategies and racepace and hoping for a great battle for a high position in the championship.

Reactions: NickB and Qélon

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Hey guys,
I am Jan, almost 21 years old, from germany and I use the Logitech G27 wheel. I seriously started playing F1 games when Codemasters F1 2010 came out, from there on I use a wheel and try to be as quick as possible (not just drive around in an F1 car as I did when I was younger and played Grand Prix 2 and 3).
I used TC and ABS in my first career season, then switched them off as I felt I cheated a bit - kind of. So assists were very quickly out of the way for me.
I played F1 2010-F1 2013, I didn't buy F1 2014 and F1 2015 as I felt they are not worth it (always only used career mode).

In F1 2016 I started to compete in league racing for the first time (first ever league race was in February 2017), I participate in two german leagues, unfortunately both are not exactly what I was looking for because they both allow assists.

Now I am here, newcomer at AOR and I am so happy to get a chance in Tier 1 right from the start. Thanks a lot for that, I will do my very best! No worries because of the newcomer thing - I am a careful driver and I'm sure we will have some clean, fair and competitive racing, no matter if it is for P1 or P15.

As this will be my first season at AOR I don't expect too much of myself. Some solid points should be fine, I will wait and see what my pace is in comparison to the others. I'm looking forward to see all you guys on track!

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Hellau

I'm Chris, Swiss, 19. I'm the guy who likes to switch between platforms. Got rid of my pad love a couple of months ago, racing now on a TX with T3PA pedals.

Experience: Started league racing on F1 2014 (I know, sad) and joined AOR towards the end of S9. Got 3 wins in total in PC Split 1 before I competed on Xbox for S12, but now I'm back here (before I'll probably crawl away again for the next game lol) because of someone's downshift paddle and plastic rim. :D Also raced here on PCars and currently driving in the Formula Renault 2.0 league on iRacing.

Goals: Beating a certain tap-in king in the same car. Idk, Top5 and a single win would be cool at the end of the season, that might be a little too ambitious though. We'll see, having consistent results would be the most satisfying I guess. ;)

fugotaro

Formula Karter
Aug 13, 2016
Hi all,

I'm Kenzy, almost 16 years old from the Netherlands with pretty much no league experience. F1 2012 was my first F1 game, playing it with a keyboard... I bought all the other F1 games since. Now I'm racing with the thrustmaster t300 which is almost 2 years old. I have followed AOR and ARL since F1 2012 and always cheered on Fisi for some reason.

Experience: I never league raced before F1 2016 as I never had the confidence to do it. But for F1 2016 I decided to do league races and raced 2 seasons in the SROCF1 league but left mid season because of an argument with the league owner. In AOR I did one social race at Baku and Ycoms won that one and the last man standing challenge with it.

For this season I just have one goal: finish every race. I just want to keep it clean and cause no (major) accidents. Nothing more than that really.

I will be looking forward to the first race of the season racing with you guys and what the pace of the field is like. Till then see you guys on Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: FisiFan91

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Hey,
I'm 16 years old and from Austria. My equipment consists of 10€ headphones, a 280€ self-built PC, a 60Hz FullHD screen and a G27. So in terms of costs for the equipment, I gues I'm in 1st place:cool:
As most of you probably know, I raced in AOR PC Split 1 in S12. Started on 19th on the priority list and finnished in 9th overall in the end. On F1 2015 and 2014 I raced in two German-speaking racing leagues, but then took a step forward and joined AOR for Season 12. It was defenitely the right decision. Last season's highlight for me was defenitely Russia, where I was able to grab a podium.:) Unfortunately some people say it's a **** track and it's not on the calendar anymore for this season:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
I know that all people that got elevated from split 2 are extremely quick and as far as I could see from their TT times the new guys are also enourmosly quick(at least in TT), so I'm not sure what I should expect from this season. I'd defenitely be nice to get another podium, but mostly I'll try to get the maximum out of every reace to score some solid points in most of the races.
See you guys on Sunday:D

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Hello everyone,
I'm Nick, 19 years old and from the UK. Using Logitech G27 on a PC I built myself, i7 4770k, 980Ti SC, 144Hz Monitor is the main parts.

Previous league racing experience was two seasons of The Afro League, A very small league called WFC, a small league called Formula 101, and then there was last years AOR S12 where I managed to steal 3rd place overall in the drivers standings right at the end. Last season I was 20th out of 20 in the driver priority and now I'm 1st, so last season was an alright improvement I guess.(y)

I'd like to say that I'm hoping to battle for the championship but the reality of things is that I will be away for 2 races I think due to holidays and Goodwood Festival of Speed so there is a chance that is going to impact my championship so Top 5 will be a better target for myself. Hopefully I can start the season where I left the last one, with a win and a pole.;)

Hoping for a large battle at the top and see what the guys from Split 2 can do, Laakso seems especially fast so will be interesting to compare his pace to Tyrano's and NonRunners from last season.

Last edited:

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Hello! Im Magnus, 31yo from Sweden. When i wake up in the morning i go to the work, and when my work is done i go home to deal with even more work (kids/house/gf) :). When i get the time to play i use a modded G27 on my old and slow pc!

Season 13 is going to be my 5th season in AOR! Time flyes. Finished 1st in split 2 my first season, and after that i have more or less been a regular in split 1.

I think S13 alltogether will be tougher than 12, and closer in the top now compared to last season. My own expectations is to try and maintain myself as a top 10 split 1 driver. Usually i would have had higher goals, but now when i have 2 kids (2nd arrived at tje end of s12) i have to realise that my time to practice has gone from little to almost none.

Hoping to have a good season alongside @Marco FD!

Cya on track!

Chicane

F1 Test Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Hello everyone! First name Rob, but I'm very used to listen if someone calls me Chicane on TS. 36 years old, so still not too old to drive an F1 car ;), so still not to old to compete vs all of you youngsters! Dutch nationality, and yes, Verstappen fan so it's good times to watch F1.
Racing equipment: G29 mounted on a Wheel Stand Pro V2.
Btw, sorry for any confusion that my nickname may cause, especially in commentary. I picked it 15 years ago when I started playing fps-games online, and I liked that nickname because it referred to both something related to F1, as well as an English DJ that made some chill music in those days.

I Started league racing with F1 2011. Followed some other people to then ARL when F1 2012 was released. Drove split 1 in F1 2012 and the first F1 2013 season. Then Split 2 in the 2nd F1 2013 season. Then split 3 in F1 2014 season where I really missed dynamic weather. Sometimes in those years I also drove other leagues as well such as EliteF1, RD and FtF. Had a busy schedule sometimes with three league races every week :D

Hardly played F1 2015 (4 hours... too long for a Steam refund), returned to league for F1 2016. S12 went pretty much as expected, which was good anyway. Batteling for single digit points most of the times, reached chequered flag almost every race I started.

Just like S12, I know it's a very competetive field again in S13. Maybe even more competetive, meaning points will be harder to get, especially in the beginning of the season. Most of all I'm looking forward to have some very nice battles with various people, and maybe again one race... a podium. However no tyreglitch anymore to accidently abuse. And just like many others, I'll be recording my own racing and will put some sort of race highlights of (nearly) every league race online.

Last edited:

Maffus

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 17, 2014
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
Hello everyone, my name is Matt and i am 36 years old. I live in Nottingham,England.

My current setup is a fanatec csl elite

I have been league racing since F1 2012 and also done some Assetto Corsa league racing with Slipstreamers,WTWR,CRL
and CNC.

I know this season is going to be a big challenge with moving up from split 2 but i will be giving it 110% in every race
and hopefully pick up a few points along the way.Can't wait to get started see you all on track.

Maffus

Knalliee

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 3, 2016
Unfortunate I have to resign the leaque, I've problems with my steer and I need to send it back to thrustmaster. But I wanted to race that bad, but I just need to send that thing before it is too late!

So there for I resign, I have a feeling it will take forever for them to fix the problem.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Unfortunate I have to resign the leaque, I've problems with my steer and I need to send it back to thrustmaster. But I wanted to race that bad, but I just need to send that thing before it is too late!

So there for I resign, I have a feeling it will take forever for them to fix the problem.
Oh sh*t, only just saw this. That bad eh? That sucks man... :(

F.Donoso

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 23, 2016

Hi everebody, maybe it's a bit late to do this but however, I'm Fabrizio Donoso, living in Swiss but I'm Chiliean, I'm goint to turn 18 in June and I 'm racing with a G27

The only major league I experencied was AOR Split 2 last season, but I play since F1 2014 with the pad and with the G27 from 1-2 years now

I expect to be the Champion in this season I know I have the pace for it but my first two races were horrible for me , China was a massive recovery in the Championship with that 3-way battle to the end.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Qélon

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
I'm basically gonna repost my Split 2 one.

Hey everyone, I'm Daniel, I'm 16, and I come from Prague, Czech Republic. I currently use a Thrustmaster T150 with no assists.
I did the last 6 races in Split 2 last season, which was also my first online experience at all on F1 games. This season I did the first races in Split 2, winning in China.
Not much, I take this as a great opportunity to get faster and more consistent, so if I get points I'd be very pleased with myself.

Looking forward to racing all of you!