PC - S13 AOR PC Split 2 League - Driver Introduction Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S13 AOR PC Split 2 League - Driver Introduction Thread

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
AOR PC Split 2 League - Season 13
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

2. What's your previous league racing experience?

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well!

We hope you all will do your best to race cleanly and enjoy the ups and downs (maybe not so much the downs) of the league racing experience over the coming season :)

Reactions: Snarf Snarf

Snarf Snarf

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 4 Champion
Jul 31, 2014
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
My name is Simon I am aged 39 years. I come from up north, England.

Current setup using a Logitech G27 - racing line assist and in cockpit view.

I got into online racing in F1 2013 and never looked back. I have had previous games of F1 2013, F1 2014, F1 2015 and Assetto Corsa online league racing experiences in Slipstreamers, WTWR, CRL, and CnC.
I have had some ok success in those previous leagues finishing in the top 5 of the Leaderboards. And of course last Season 12 of AOR, which I have learnt a lot from my first season of racing.

This is my second season as a driver in AOR and I am looking forwards to a great season ahead at a higher split.
I take racing as a great form of enjoyment and try to drive as clean and fairly as possible, thus to not spoil other peoples enjoyment of the game also.
I am expecting to see some great, clean, close racing with the hope of achieving to be in the top 10 of the split championship when the season comes to a close and make some new friends along the way.

Last edited:

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm Thompson, 21-year-old half Brit / half German and I will be the Split 2 coordinator for this season. For my racing I use a Logitech G27 wheel and pedals on my self built sim racing rig. I've played racing games since I was a kid and did a couple of years of club level karting.
I played F1 2010 and 2013 and competed in the Season 12 F1 Leagues. I hope for an interesting Season and good, clean fights especially with @Snarf Snarf ;)

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
My name is Daniel, I'm from the eastern part of Hungary. I turned 21 years old last month.
Currently I'm using a Logitech G29, and from this season onwards, I'm turning off the corner line, so I'm making the step to full no assist driving.
I've been part of Split 2 in S12, and I was leading the WDC at round 10, but after that I retired from the league because the bugs and glitches were constantly annoying me and just made me lose all my motivation. But looking back, it was a bad decision, so now I'm back :)
Quitting last season was a stupid decision, especially from the top of the WDC. I really regreted it after 2-3 weeks, and now I will make sure to give my 120% in every race and will not quit the season early this time. Based on the previous season I'm expecting myself to be fighting for the driver's championship, and hopefully come out on top after Brazil :)

I'd like to take the opportunity here to welcome everyone to Split 2 who hasn't been here before, I hope we're gonna have some great time out on track together :)

RigorousTiger

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2017
My name is Brandon and I am 14 years old. I was born in Germany but moved to England when I was 12. I use a Thrustmaster T150 with a mediocre PC. I use T-cam and sometimes cockpit when I want to. I also use corner line but for F1 2017 I am planning to ditch it.

I haven't done any league racing before. I got into the F1 games ever since and am also going to participate in the F1 2017 BETA. This is my only AOR experience I ever had:
I am hoping to have a fun season and maybe be in the top 5 and if not a top 7 in the championship.

Last edited:

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm Daniel, and I come from Prague, Czech Republic. I'm 15, but I will have turned 16 by the time the first race happens. I currently use a Thrustmaster T150 with no assists.
I did the last 6 races in Split 2 last season, which was also my first online experience at all on F1 games. After a poor start I managed to get a podium at one of my best tracks, Brazil, which was a very good feeling :)
I'd love to be a front runner but I'm afraid I don't have the consistency, then again, anything can happen in F1. A realistic goal would be a podium and consistent points. A personal goal would be to beat @RigorousTiger ;)

Good luck to all racing in this split this year, hope to have lots of great racing!

W4ckyRac3r

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 18, 2015
1. Hey guys, I'm Adam, 22 from Birmingham UK. Using a Logitech G27 at the mo but that could change! No racing line for me
2. I completed season 12 in this very split, finishing 6th overall and achieving points in every race started except Malaysia, which sucked. Currently racing in the Pcars GT3 Pro League too
3. Hopefully more of the same as last season along with a few more podiums and maybe....just maybe, a win or two ;)

Looking forward to racing you all and the newcomers among you :D

Michaelx99

S13 AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Mar 21, 2017
Hi guys, I'm Michael and I am from Bucharest ,Romania.I'm 17 and I use a ps3 controller with driving line. Hopefully in the future I can get rid of it

I have never raced before in a league.

I'd really like to fight for points maybe even higher , since I haven't done any league racing before I don't know what to expect. I would really enjoy some on track battles and close fights.The main target is to have loads of fun and enjoy every bit of on track action. Good luck to you all!

TheAPlegends

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2016
Hello there, my name is Aleksa and I'm 17 year old from Belgrade, Serbia. I'm racing with my good old Xbox 360 controller and without any of the assists
I've raced in this same split last season, which was my first league racing experience. I finnished 7th overall.
I've been consistently improving my results last season so I'm expecting my form to continue. My goal is to fight for top 5 every race but I will be happy with the consistent points.

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
Hey, I'm Brad. I'm 20 years old, from England and I use the Thrustmaster T500RS with the F1 Wheel Add-On.

What's your previous league racing experience?
Fusion F1 League - F1 by CM: 100% race distance league.
Waga Racing League - rFactor F1 201x
RedlineRacingLeague - F1 2016 & rFactor.

What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?
to finish within top 3 & who knows, maybe even a win. :)

Takacs Oliver

Junior Karter
Mar 29, 2017
Hi guys, my name is Oliver and I'm 15 years old. I'm from Budapest, Hungary. I'm using a Thrustmaster T150 with no assists.
I've never raced in a league before. So I'm looking forward to this season.
Perhaps a few top 10 finishes, but I'm just "trying myself out". I hope for great racing and a great season.

Good luck for everyone!;)

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
Hi Guy's, i'm Ash from the UK. I race on here and on iRacing as of a recent move from console to PC so looking forwards to seeing if i can have as much fun here as i did there.

I had a few years away from gaming until last year and have just got back into the swing of things. I race for a team on iRacing though i'm still adjusting to that one and have over the years done quite a lot of F1 leagues on various consoles...

I guess my first step is to try and get a podium however i have no idea how my pace stack's up as i only got F1 setup on my new PC yesterday. I feel quick and was getting pretty handy at the end of season 12 and was fairly dominant in the 3rd split there, finishing 3rd in the championship having missed all the races up to Austria. Looking forwards to Australia on Sunday and getting to know some of you guy's here.

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Hey guys, my name is Barry and im from The Netherlands. Currently 20 years old and using a logitech Driving Force GT, bought it last year to get more into racing. Used a controller on F1 2013 which I only played for online banter with some friends, but I wanted to be a bit more involved in the racing itself. Using the controller I just felt like I couldnt handle the oversteer and understeer. I was watching people with a wheel and they seemed to be able to control it so smoothly, eventualy this made me step over to a wheel. I was still very slow at this point and everything I learned I had to relearn halfway in F1 2016. ( Never used any assists )

I came at a point at playing online lobby's which made me join AOR, I was still not that consistent and the furthest I ever drove was a 25% race. I joined midway Season 12 in Hungary, I got placed in split 3 and I slowly improved to become a more consistent driver. Eventualy winning Mexico and Brazil (Must say that the championship was already won at that point), had my ups and downs with some mistakes which made me DNF in Japan and have a realy bad race in Malaysia. Overall I feel like I have little expierence in the whole racing scene.

I certainly do hope to improve further and to improve my overall pace. I do not expect to be on the podium for the first part of the championship but everything can happen on sunday's. I do hope our split will be a close one, I hope the battles will be at the front and at the back. At last I hope everyone will be able to enjoy this season, and welcome to the newcomers to AOR (even though im quite new here aswell). I will see you all on the track very soon.

CameronB

1-time PC Split 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 1, 2016
Hi my name is Cameron I'm 17 from England, I use a XBOX 360 controller and my favourite team is Force India.

I raced in AOR season 11 split 2 which I won and then season 12 split 3 which I only came 5th.

To be honest im not expecting much I'll probably be fighting for the lower point paying positions at the majority of circuits maybe snatch a podium if i get lucky.
I would like to start and finish every race and continue my streak of not ever being lapped.

Mulchian

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2017
Hi,

My name is Tobias, i'm 20 years old and i'm from Potsdam, Germany. Since F1 2011 i use my Logitech Driving Force GT and it still works. In the past i used TRC middle and for this league i try my best to drive with none assists.

My first league experience, came way back in F1 2012 in a Multiplayer-Fun-League with 10 drivers. With F1 2013 i opened my own league, since then we had 5 seasons (2 in F1 2013, 1 in F1 2014, 1/2 in F1 2015 (this game was aweful) 2 in F1 2016).
Currently we are in our second F1 2016 league. I'm really excited for my first season in AOR.

I'm expecting a lot of fun in this professional league. I heard so many good things about this league, that i'm hoping these things come true. I don't set me any goals in this league, because fun has a higher priority for me personal than other things.

PAPA SOKRATIS

Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2017

My name is Antonio i'm 19years old and i'm from Laufenburg, Germany. Since F1 2013 i use my Logitech Driving Force GT and it still works.

My first league experience, came way back in F1 2013. With F1 2013 i drove in a other league, since then we had 5 seasons (2 in F1 2013, 1 in F1 2014, 1/2 in F1 2015 (this game was aweful) 2 in F1 2016).
Currently we are in our second F1 2016 league. I'm really excited for my first season in AOR.

I'm expecting a lot of fun in this professional league. I heard so many good things about this league, that i'm hoping these things come true. I don't set me any goals in this league, because fun has a higher priority for me personal than other things.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Hey I´m Dominik, 19 years old and living in Austria. I bought my first wheel about half a year ago which was a Thrustmaster TMX. The table clamp broke after a few weeks so I got a new one. Couple of weeks later the new wheel + new table clamp broke again (really can´t recommend the TMX :D). Now I´m racing with the TS PC Racer and it is just awesome.

I started league racing during summer last year and it didn´t last long until I came here. So far I took part in the Project CARS Leagues PC Endurance S1 + BMW 320 TC and currently I´m driving in the GT3 S7 Pro League. My appearence in F1 2016 S12 was a short one (2 races) so S13 will be the first full season for me.

Well the question is the same as before the GT3 season and the answer will be the same too. :joyful:
To improve my overall driving and to be consistent is the main target. Results will come automatically then I guess. Of course I´m not here for a holiday cruise so intense battles and challenges are always welcome and I have no fear that this will happen throughout the season. (y)

LambreX

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 27, 2016
Hi, I am Dominic, 15, from Nottingham, (well Derbyshire, but idk tbh). I race with a PS3 controller, though I have a Thrustmaster T150, which I might try and use one day. I am also a producer of house music, and my music has been used and is being used by RyanL83 :p
This is my second season in AOR, but my first full season. I had a string of solid top 6 finishes in AOR at the end of last season when I joined, and I have only got better since then.
I hope I can mount a strong title challenge, but podiums are really important for me this year, after not getting one at the end of last season. Above all though, I cannot wait to have really competitive and clean racing with you all, and hopefully put on a good show :)

Looking forward to Sunday!

only4win

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 23, 2016
Hey, I'm Only! 29 years and I come from Finland. I race whith my beloved Thrustmaster T300RS

I have been racing in several leagues before, mostly on PS4. I joined AOR S12 - Split 3 season after 3 races and managed to do quite well. Had few podiums and didn't have any DNF's on the season so I managed to climb the ladder finishing 6th on the championship.

I hope that I can collect as many points as possible. Podiums are BIG PLUS!