PC - S13 AOR PC Split 2 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S13 AOR PC Split 2 - Main Thread

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
I will no longer be taking part this season. I'm not enjoying the game anymore and would be best for me to quit. Thank you. I'll be back for next season maybe. Good luck to everyone.

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
I will no longer be taking part this season. I'm not enjoying the game anymore and would be best for me to quit. Thank you. I'll be back for next season maybe. Good luck to everyone.
Sorry but this is no good reason to leave the league. Here is the according rule:

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
Sorry but this is no good reason to leave the league. Here is the according rule:
Well okay, I'll race when I don't want to and be a risk for others. One of the reasons I quit was to maybe give someone else a chance to move and and be less of a threat. Not that I am in race, because I'm clean. But it only takes that 1 mistake. That rule is stupid, but rules are rules. I'll race.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mackisdoodle

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well okay, I'll race when I don't want to and be a risk for others. One of the reasons I quit was to maybe give someone else a chance to move and and be less of a threat. Not that I am in race, because I'm clean. But it only takes that 1 mistake. That rule is stupid, but rules are rules. I'll race.
"That rule is stupid" is something you should have thought about before signing up to be honest... :) Obviously I can understand that it's possible to get worn out with a game eventually, but when it comes to league racing, it's a long-term commitment and not a place where people can jump in and out as they please - that's what the social races are for. Of course, it's unfortunately still impossible for us to control this fully, as technically people can be dishonest and make up some kind of excuse to get out, but having this in the rules is at least something to discourage people from dropping out mid-season and underline that this is something drivers need to consider properly before making the commitment to sign up for the full calendar. (This is not only directed at you btw, just explaining why that rule is there and kind of necessary.)

However, with that said, I don't mind too much to remove de-motivated drivers if there is a replacement driver ready to fill your spot (more so if you directly hurt the competition for the remaining drivers in the league by reducing the grid size), and I believe I might have one or two new drivers coming into Split 2 in the near future. In which case I would be happy to offer your main driver spot to one of them, if you're fine with that?

Reactions: Thompson

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
"That rule is stupid" is something you should have thought about before signing up to be honest... :) Obviously I can understand that it's possible to get worn out with a game eventually, but when it comes to league racing, it's a long-term commitment and not a place where people can jump in and out as they please - that's what the social races are for. Of course, it's unfortunately still impossible for us to control this fully, as technically people can be dishonest and make up some kind of excuse to get out, but having this in the rules is at least something to discourage people from dropping out mid-season and underline that this is something drivers need to consider properly before making the commitment to sign up for the full calendar. (This is not only directed at you btw, just explaining why that rule is there and kind of necessary.)

However, with that said, I don't mind too much to remove de-motivated drivers if there is a replacement driver ready to fill your spot (more so if you directly hurt the competition for the remaining drivers in the league by reducing the grid size), and I believe I might have one or two new drivers coming into Split 2 in the near future. In which case I would be happy to offer your main driver spot to one of them, if you're fine with that?
I agree with what you said and is why I was honest. I think you'd appreciate that more. And "that rule is stupid" is my opinion and can be handled much better. I think you'd prefer someone who is enjoying the game to race than me hence why I openly said I'm quitting rather than just not mention anything and don't turn up. But yeah, replace me if you can. If not, I'll happily turn up if I need to be. But yeah, I maybe worded it wrong. League racing is a commitment like you said, but it shouldn't be forced upon.

• Agree
Reactions: LambreX

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I agree with what you said and is why I was honest. I think you'd appreciate that more. And "that rule is stupid" is my opinion and can be handled much better. I think you'd prefer someone who is enjoying the game to race than me hence why I openly said I'm quitting rather than just not mention anything and don't turn up. But yeah, replace me if you can. If not, I'll happily turn up if I need to be. But yeah, I maybe worded it wrong. League racing is a commitment like you said, but it shouldn't be forced upon.
Which is why I don't mind you pulling out despite the rule when there is someone else to take your spot. But in another season we could be in a situation where we don't get any (or few) appropriate new drivers in throughout the season, and in that case we'd have a much bigger problem if say 5-6+ drivers (at various points during the season) decide that they don't like the game anymore. It would be pretty sh*t for the remaining drivers to race against a small grid for the rest of the season, when it is meant to be a league of 22 active drivers (20 from next season).

League racing isn't forced upon, as it is your own decision to sign up, and you are aware of the commitment that comes with it.

Anyway, your honesty is appreciated of course. I'll hopefully confirm the new driver situation within the next few days.

• Agree
Reactions: Mackisdoodle

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
Update 3: I just got a text message from the shop that my warranty process has finished. Don't know what this means yet (repair/replacement/refund), I'll go back to them this week if I can.

• Informative

Gojirra421

Formula Karter
Jul 1, 2017
Yeah! Ty! and with my favorite car :-D

Hello to everybody!
My steam is Gojirra #24 (black tree on red background)
Im already in the friendlist of @Marco FD
I will add you @Thompson.
And im very happy to be in this Split and i will do my best to be very clear and fast but
i really dont know where i will be in race.

And for finishing, Hello @iZi :-D im your new teamate! if you need something you can
ask me what you want ! I will add you too in priority on steam

See you on the track sunday!

Thompson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Aug 21, 2016
As Westy has now left our league, @RigorousTiger is now the new main host. We will need a new backup host though. @MakuF1 you have hosted before. would you be ok with being backup host?

LambreX

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 27, 2016
Due to going on Holiday, unfortunately I will have to leave AOR Split 2 for the last two races. This season was predominantly filled with less than fortunate events both off and on track, and coupled with F1 2016 becoming extremely painful, its fair to say Season 13 wasn't brilliant. However my podium at Spain was a great moment. I have also enjoyed racing with most of you guys, and the community was brilliant as always! Looking forward to being back for F1 2017. @Thompson

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
Due to going on Holiday, unfortunately I will have to leave AOR Split 2 for the last two races. This season was predominantly filled with less than fortunate events both off and on track, and coupled with F1 2016 becoming extremely painful, its fair to say Season 13 wasn't brilliant. However my podium at Spain was a great moment. I have also enjoyed racing with most of you guys, and the community was brilliant as always! Looking forward to being back for F1 2017. @Thompson
Sad to see you leave :cry::cry:
See you next season mate <3

• Friendly
Reactions: LambreX

OmegaIV

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2016
Hi guys,

Apologies for my absence over the last several races. I’ve been very busy in real life and haven’t been motivated to race on a Sunday night. I realise this is no excuse and, especially since I want to race on F1 2017, I’ll make sure to attend the final two rounds of this season. I’ll give these last two races my all.

I’d had a few unpleasant incidents before I took my ‘break,’ and for these I’d like to apologise for unnecessarily blaming people as I was frustrated with the game at the time.

I’m going to focus on these last two races now and furthermore onto future seasons on the new game.

Cheers.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michaelx99

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just FYI, we'll keep you technically on the main driver list for rest of the season, as it would be a shame to drop your name off the standings just because you have to go on a holiday at the end when you've done most races :) (@Thompson)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- @MrHid has joined the Split 2 league as the 1st reserve driver.

I know the sign-ups are technically closed now, but I offered the spot before I closed them, so hopefully it's cool for him to do the final two races :)

(@Thompson)

RigorousTiger

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2017
Congrats to @Michaelx99 for winning the championship. A great guy on and off track that completely deserved the title, which he won in a very dominant manner at COTA. It was great racing against you and I hope we'll be in another title fight next season!

Michaelx99

S13 AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Mar 21, 2017
I can't believe that I won a championship in my first season of league racing.I really enjoyed every second of it and for sure Im gonna comeback for season 14. It was really awesome to have such a close title fight with @RigorousTiger all season long.This race was really tense because i will miss the last one so i had to have at least a 25 point gap to him.I had low hopes after what happened last week but I managed to get pole a clean start and then the car felt amazing and I could push when and where I wanted.I don't know what to say really , but one thing is sure I am really happy.