PS4 S16 F6 Mid-Term Report

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Season 16 of AOR F1 leagues has reached its halfway point and as we're going on a two-week Xmas break, it's time to reflect on the first half of the season. Tactician, PS4 F2 coordinator, has been doing this for the last season and so we're bringing it to a wider scale for whoever wants to participate. This is only for fun and it's not something that every league member has to do during their holidays. If you do have the time to revisit the first 10 races, I'd be delighted to read your thoughts on everything related to Season 16 :)

Here's the questions (you may copy/paste them to your post and add your answers below each question).

What has been your favorite/best race of the season?

What has been your least favorite/worst race of the season?

Any thoughts on the level of racing and competition in this league?

Have your pre-season expectations been fulfilled so far?

What are your hopes/expectations for the rest of the season?

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your first half of the season?

Any other thoughts, opinions or suggestions?

Like I said, there's absolutely no need to answer if you don't feel like it but I'd greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time write their thoughts.

InFinityzzHD

PS4 Triple Crown 2018 Indy 500 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Definitely Silverstone, winning the race in the wet by 24 seconds.

Well, since I only did 2 races so far and winning them both, I haven't had a worse race so far.

The racing overall is very good and I have to say very clean for the most of the drivers in this league.

Yes, joining AOR again I was hoping for good results as in S14 I was known as a corner cutter and had several crashes, with 2 wins so far its going the right way.

I hope to get moved up eventueally, but for now just hoping to get good results and trying my best to win the next races in this tier.

Keep up the great racing guys and enjoy the Christmas days see you all next year

Reactions: Dale Stones

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
Baku. Simply because I won. Monaco a close second.

Probably go with France. Didn't do enough practice so struggled massively resulting in me eventually spinning into a wall and out of the race.

So far so good. Some really good drivers in this league who are clean and fair when racing.

Exceeded. Was not expecting the Baku win and podium at Monaco at all. So really happy with how things are going.

Need to be more consistent in my points scoring. Currently having one good race then one or two bad ones after. Also cut down on the time penalties at each race.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Reactions: InFinityzzHD

baba99jaga

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 30, 2015
Baku is one of many because I took my first podium in the AOR League. Also Melbourne, Spain, Austria, Canada

here without options, France is 100%. Even I don’t want to remember this race

very clean and fast drivers, where everyone can finish on the podium.

up to this point, this is one of my best seasons. I hope everything will be like this until the end of the season

maintain a clean and fair fight

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jacob St.

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018

Monaco.

Bahrain ( puncture on 70% 2 turns until pit), China (wheel glitch on the start), Baku (DNF because of dive bomb incident)

I had no problems so far (only in Baku - dive bomb incident ) - just clean battles and respectful driving...

I didn`t have any expectations. I just wanted to drive with no assist, and have good battles. I was hoping for higher tier ( I've never played TT mode a lot, I try to focus more on race pace) so I guess they put me in here because of my poor TT times. But now I am okay here, guys are really fast and clean so I am enjoying so far. As long as we drive with no assist and we are clean I don't care what Tier I am in.

1st-2nd-3rd

7,5 because of issues in Bahrain, China, Baku ( not my fault ).

Nothing, just keep results thread updated more frequently.

rich500

Pro Karter
Aug 4, 2018

Not my best result but Bahrain for me, very close racing all race and the top 10 finishing so close together.

Britain for sure. Managed to get my best quali so far but was then really let down by my wet weather pace (as per other wet races). So disappointed to see myself drop down the order so quickly. Didn't particularly like getting lost during the race at China either.

Really enjoying this league, had loads of good close and clean battles along the way.

I didn't really have many expectations pre-season. I had no idea how I would compare to the other racers, both in speed and race etiquette. So far it seems I can be close and compete cleanly so all good.

A podium, just the one. There must be one there for me somewhere.

Based on my results a 6, a few errors and poor pace in the wet. Don't want to be too critical however, my first time in league racing and with no assists.

Lets keep those practice races going.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
My imagination of race results is that it should be updated shortly after last race not shortly before next race...but I can survive that , just my suggestion...
Well, it's how I do them. As long as they're done before the next race, I don't see an issue.

Reactions: Jacob St.

sjhk93

Pro Karter
Aug 6, 2018
My best race was Silverstone, although I would say I enjoyed Austria (last few laps notwithstanding) more due to the close racing throughout.

Monaco without a doubt. A 45 minute grind in the hope of surviving and getting a point.

Really enjoyable, there’s a much more even spread across the field than in my previous experience league racing. Seems difficult to predict the results of any given race in advance. I’ve had some good battles at most of the races this season, which is great.

From driver intro thread: “No real expectations, but I hope to fight for points and have some good battles through the season.”

So yes.

Try to pick up as many points as possible, keep learning the various intricacies of strategy and tyre wear, and cut out silly mistakes.

5. First few races went well, but after Baku (which I missed) I had a bad run of races with incidents where I dropped quite a few points for one reason or another. Fortunately, that streak ended at Silverstone.

I agree with Jaycob that it would be nice to see the results updated sooner, but realise that’s not always possible when you’re waiting for results of stewards enquiries etc. Otherwise, hope everyone has a great Christmas break!

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 17, 2017
Baku has to go down as my best, having got a podium, but not the most enjoyable. Bahrain and Austria were great because the whole field stayed so close.

Australia, China, Spain, Monaco, France.
Really can't choose 1 out of these because in all of them my race was ruined early on either by my mistakes or other incidents.

Seriously close league. 80-90% of the league are capable of winning a race on their day.

Not so far! Main thing I wanted was consistency but I've made too many silly mistakes.

A couple more podiums, maybe even a win. A fight for the constructors title would be nice as well.

5 Only two decent points finishes, so hoping for better in the second half of the season.

Have a good break all, Merry Christmas and looking forward to the second half of the season.

Jacob St.

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
Well, it's how I do them. As long as they're done before the next race, I don't see an issue.
Do whatever you want mate , I don't really care. It is how it goes in every sport or rating but like I said It is my suggestion. Do whatever you think is the best :)

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Great Britain

Austria

very good level, no mistakes in the race from the leader or top 3

not

winning at least 2 races

see ya