PS4 - S16 Mid-term Reports | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 S16 Mid-term Reports

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Season 16 of AOR F1 leagues has reached its halfway point and as we're going on a two-week Xmas break, it's time to reflect on the first half of the season. As was the case last season in F2, I have made a list of questions which you may answer to if you wish to do so. Also, this is only for fun and it's not something that every league member has to do during their holidays. If you do have the time to revisit the first 10 races, I'd be delighted to read your thoughts on everything related to Season 16 :)

Here's the questions (you may copy/paste them to your post and add your answers below each question).

What has been your favorite/best race of the season?

What has been your least favorite/worst race of the season?

Any thoughts on the level of racing and competition in this league?

Have your pre-season expectations been fulfilled so far?

What are your hopes/expectations for the rest of the season?

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your first half of the season?

Any other thoughts, opinions or suggestions?

Like I said, there's absolutely no need to answer if you don't feel like it but I'd greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time write their thoughts. I'll be visiting Germany (more specifically Berlin) with my family later this week so I may or may not be available here during that time. Anyway, I wish you all Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
What has been your favorite/best race of the season?

Bahrain. It was one of the races where I had barely any expectations but I managed to do maybe my most balanced race of the season there with a P2 finish. Also I had a fantastic battle for the win of the race with Sean and Dawidos which qualifies Bahrain is my favorite race. Other honorable mention goes to Austria, where I beat the odds to pull off a fine comeback drive.

China. This race was a disaster in many fronts. Not only I had failed to meet my own expectations but I almost failed to score a single point from a race which I had won comfortably last season. I'm mostly aware of what happened in the race and why it went the way it did but that doesn't erase the feeling of extreme disappointment from the race result. Another honorable mention goes to Monaco which, to be fair, was expected to be a bad race for me and my pad. Still the whole event was quite disastrous and I could have done much better.

To start off, I think the field this season has been incredibly even in terms of pure pace. We've had 6 different race winners and plenty of different podium finishers which is great to see. Although Sean is leading the championship quite comfortably, the fight for positions in the championship is still completely open and it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top.

As for the level of racing this season, I personally have not had a problem with battling with other drivers and I've enjoyed it. However, I know for a fact that has not always been the case with everyone else. Driving standards have certainly fluctuated during the season which is probably understandable but also unfortunate to see. The game doesn't do any favors in trying to reduce accidents and stupid glitches that seem to plague this game sometimes.

Mostly yes. In fact, I'd say this first half of the season has been a wake-up call in a sense. As is the case for some other drivers in this league, I was slightly disappointed to not be in F1. Looking at it now though, I'm happy that I'm in F2. It has been very, very difficult to keep up with the fastest drivers in this league and there's no way I could have even had a shout for a podium in the league of aliens, aka F1.

I'm currently 3rd in the championship, which is more or less where I hoped to be at this point of the season. Considering the amount of chaos some races have had in them, I can consider myself lucky to finish in the points in every race of the season so far.

I'm expecting to keep up my consistency and maybe make a sneaky title challenge if everything goes my way. Also, a race win is definitely in my "to do" -list. There will be some favorable tracks in the second half of the season such as Germany, Hungary and Brazil but also some bogey tracks such as Belgium and USA where the pad will be at its worst. I'm also hoping to fix my qualifying as it has been my weak point this season and probably cost me a lot of points in some races.

8. It's certainly been a good start to the season although there is room to improve.

This season is my first season as a league coordinator and it's been an interesting job, to say the least. I'd like to think that I've done a good job so far, even though it's been challenging at times. I'm still learning the ropes but you have made my job relatively easy which I thank you all for.

Reactions: Casper24-F1

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 26, 2018
What has been your favorite/best race of the season? Austria, because when it was looking like I was going to finish somewhere between 8th-11th, the safety car came out then the rain period came, so 2 great strategy calls elivated me to 2nd.

Baku, because this was the track I was much stronger than everyone else, took pole, lead the race then the SC came out, and it all went wrong from there because someone made a mistake in front of me in which I couldn’t react and picked up wing damage and destroyed my race, so I was devistated after the race.

It’s been really good, extremely competitive and extremely close!

Yes they have, because I was aiming to score regular points, but I’ve had 4 podiums so far, although I think realistically it could’ve been better cause I picked up too many penalties in Australia, had a bad race in Bahrain and Baku through no fault of my own, disconnected in Spain and got taken out deliberately in Monaco

I’ll be switching to the wheel, so hoping to be somewhat competetive

7/10

Reactions: Tactician109

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
What has been your favourite/best race of the season?

My favourite race has got to be Britain, I was involved in so many battles. On my first stint I was battling a lot with @ximNicoF1, until he decided to go into the pitlane. And on my second stint I was battling a lot with @Ashbest122, we were side-by-side through Copse, Maggots, Becketts and Chapel. We both kept it clean. That's what AOR is all about! Massive thanks to both of you guys (y)

My best race was Austria, one of my favourite tracks. I started P11 and came home P1, it was my first ever victory in F2! I started on the hardest available tyre compound, the Soft. I decided to pit for SuperSofts when the Safety Car came out on lap 19, I was very lucky with that. Then I overtook many cars on my fresher tyres before I pitted for Inters with 6 laps remaining. Crossed the line in first place, really happy with that :)

What has been your least favourite/worst race of the season?

My least favourite race was Azerbaijan, because there were not many battles going on around me. Also, I had no pace there. I had been working on a setup for the entire week and I still didn't feel comfortable with it. I started in P9, but came home P4 after a bit of luck with the safety car and controversy going on ahead of me. After we crossed the finish line, I gained a position due to time penalties for @dawidos_1150, which meant I finished on the podium!

My worst race was definitely France. I qualified last after a crash in the wet in qualifying, but I managed to get an okay P9 with 2 more points after another eventful race with very strange, mixed conditions. I love the circuit and my pace was strong around here. I think if I didn't bottle qualifying I might have been able to get a top 3 finish.

The level of competition is awesome. Every driver has pretty equal pace, which makes every race interesting. The driving standards are good too. Personally, I haven't experienced an incident which was a mistake of a driver. That's good to see. In my opinion, the only thing which has to improve is the opening lap. If everyone is a little bit more cautious, I'm sure we can avoid most of the accidents. However, sometimes it's the fault of the game, in case of desync and if a driver gets an undeserved penalty.

Have your pre-season expectations been fulfilled so far? / What are your hopes/expectations for the rest of the season?

My pre-season expectations have not been fulfilled yet, I'm still aiming for the championship :p It's certainly gonna be difficult, with a 55 points difference to @Sean van Belkom, our Championship Leader.

For me the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the clean and competitive racing. That has already happened and I can only hope we will get more of that in the second half of the season!

I'm expecting consistent top three finishes, combined with fantastic on-track action :love:

I'd say an 8 . The good thing is that I finished inside the points every race. The bad thing is my wet pace, I can improve so much in those conditions :ROFLMAO: That's definitely my aim, improving my wet pace. Also, I would like to get better qualifying results, as I think many points have been lost due to bad qualifying sessions.

Here I have a nice stat for you all, these were my finishing positions this season:

1st - 1
2nd - 0
3rd - 2
4th - 1
5th - 1
6th - 1
7th - 1
8th - 1
9th - 1
10th - 1

As you can see, I finished in basically every possible position inside the top 10 once, but I got two 3rd places and zero 2nd places.

- @Andy81287 and @OTG are a great commentary team together, keep up the fantastic work guys ;)
- @Tactician109 is a great coordinator (y)
- @Vettel_Racer_5 is the cleanest driver I have ever raced against
- @Cherry2pie has had bad luck this season, which is a shame for him and for us as a team :(
- I'm happy we have 20 active drivers and a reserve driver, which means a lot of action and fun on track
- I'm also having a lot of fun off track with guys like @leefindlay04 and many more guys in this tier :)

I hope everyone will enjoy their break and I wish every coordinator, moderator, staff member and driver a Merry Christmas and a happy new year :D See you all in 2019!

~ Casper

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
What has been your favorite/best race of the season? Austria, because when it was looking like I was going to finish somewhere between 8th-11th, the safety car came out then the rain period came, so 2 great strategy calls elivated me to 2nd.

Baku, because this was the track I was much stronger than everyone else, took pole, lead the race then the SC came out, and it all went wrong from there because someone made a mistake in front of me in which I couldn’t react and picked up wing damage and destroyed my race, so I was devistated after the race.

It’s been really good, extremely competitive and extremely close!

Yes they have, because I was aiming to score regular points, but I’ve had 4 podiums so far, although I think realistically it could’ve been better cause I picked up too many penalties in Australia, had a bad race in Bahrain and Baku through no fault of my own, disconnected in Spain and got taken out deliberately in Monaco

I’ll be switching to the wheel, so hoping to be somewhat competetive

7/10

Good read. I'm keen to see how you do with the wheel, only you will know if it's an improvement in comparison to the pad or not :)

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
What has been your favourite/best race of the season?

My favourite race has got to be Britain, I was involved in so many battles. On my first stint I was battling a lot with @ximNicoF1, until he decided to go into the pitlane. And on my second stint I was battling a lot with @Ashbest122, we were side-by-side through Copse, Maggots, Becketts and Chapel. We both kept it clean. That's what AOR is all about! Massive thanks to both of you guys (y)

My best race was Austria, one of my favourite tracks. I started P11 and came home P1, it was my first ever victory in F2! I started on the hardest available tyre compound, the Soft. I decided to pit for SuperSofts when the Safety Car came out on lap 19, I was very lucky with that. Then I overtook many cars on my fresher tyres before I pitted for Inters with 6 laps remaining. Crossed the line in first place, really happy with that :)

What has been your least favourite/worst race of the season?

My least favourite race was Azerbaijan, because there were not many battles going on around me. Also, I had no pace there. I had been working on a setup for the entire week and I still didn't feel comfortable with it. I started in P9, but came home P4 after a bit of luck with the safety car and controversy going on ahead of me. After we crossed the finish line, I gained a position due to time penalties for @dawidos_1150, which meant I finished on the podium!

My worst race was definitely France. I qualified last after a crash in the wet in qualifying, but I managed to get an okay P9 with 2 more points after another eventful race with very strange, mixed conditions. I love the circuit and my pace was strong around here. I think if I didn't bottle qualifying I might have been able to get a top 3 finish.

The level of competition is awesome. Every driver has pretty equal pace, which makes every race interesting. The driving standards are good too. Personally, I haven't experienced an incident which was a mistake of a driver. That's good to see. In my opinion, the only thing which has to improve is the opening lap. If everyone is a little bit more cautious, I'm sure we can avoid most of the accidents. However, sometimes it's the fault of the game, in case of desync and if a driver gets an undeserved penalty.

Have your pre-season expectations been fulfilled so far? / What are your hopes/expectations for the rest of the season?

My pre-season expectations have not been fulfilled yet, I'm still aiming for the championship :p It's certainly gonna be difficult, with a 55 points difference to @Sean van Belkom, our Championship Leader.

For me the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the clean and competitive racing. That has already happened and I can only hope we will get more of that in the second half of the season!

I'm expecting consistent top three finishes, combined with fantastic on-track action :love:

I'd say an 8 . The good thing is that I finished inside the points every race. The bad thing is my wet pace, I can improve so much in those conditions :ROFLMAO: That's definitely my aim, improving my wet pace. Also, I would like to get better qualifying results, as I think many points have been lost due to bad qualifying sessions.

Here I have a nice stat for you all, these were my finishing positions this season:

1st - 1
2nd - 0
3rd - 2
4th - 1
5th - 1
6th - 1
7th - 1
8th - 1
9th - 1
10th - 1

As you can see, I finished in basically every possible position inside the top 10 once, but I got two 3rd places and zero 2nd places.

- @Andy81287 and @OTG are a great commentary team together, keep up the fantastic work guys ;)
- @Tactician109 is a great coordinator (y)
- @Vettel_Racer_5 is the cleanest driver I have ever raced against
- @Cherry2pie has had bad luck this season, which is a shame for him and for us as a team :(
- I'm happy we have 20 active drivers and a reserve driver, which means a lot of action and fun on track
- I'm also having a lot of fun off track with guys like @leefindlay04 and many more guys in this tier :)

I hope everyone will enjoy their break and I wish every coordinator, moderator, staff member and driver a Merry Christmas and a happy new year :D See you all in 2019!

~ Casper
Great read, I agree with basically every point you made. That's an interesting stat you got there, in poker terms you have a nice straight of finishing positions. Whereas I mostly have low pairs of 2's, 5's, 6's and 10's :D

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Good read. I'm keen to see how you do with the wheel, only you will know if it's an improvement in comparison to the pad or not :)
Hopefully it’s better, have fun being the sole pad runner, you managed to beat me after 10 rounds on the pad

Sean FAP Belkom

S16 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Jul 4, 2018
Great read, I agree with basically every point you made. That's an interesting stat you got there, in poker terms you have a nice straight of finishing positions. Whereas I mostly have low pairs of 2's, 5's, 6's and 10's :D
I can give you my King and the joker