PS4 - S16 Mid-term Reports | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 S16 Mid-term Reports

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Season 16 of AOR F1 leagues has reached its halfway point and as we're going on a two-week Xmas break, it's time to reflect on the first half of the season. Tactician, PS4 F2 coordinator, has been doing this for the last season and so we're bringing it to a wider scale for whoever wants to participate. This is only for fun and it's not something that every league member has to do during their holidays. If you do have the time to revisit the first 10 races, I'd be delighted to read your thoughts on everything related to Season 16 :)

Here's the questions (you may copy/paste them to your post and add your answers below each question).

What has been your favorite/best race of the season?

What has been your least favorite/worst race of the season?

Any thoughts on the level of racing and competition in this league?

Have your pre-season expectations been fulfilled so far?

What are your hopes/expectations for the rest of the season?

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your first half of the season?

Any other thoughts, opinions or suggestions?

Like I said, there's absolutely no need to answer if you don't feel like it but I'd greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time write their thoughts.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Austria. It was hard to pick between this, Bahrain and China, but I think given the adversity of the situation I put myself in to deliver such an incredible stint and take the win on the final lap it was an incredible feeling.

Baku. Had the pace to win but bottled quali and after an incident I melted and game home with no points. The sort of performance that I need to cut out if I'm to keep on top of the pile.

The level of racing is far better than I expected. So many drivers are incredibly respectful and I've had a few good battles so far this season. I didn't expect to have quite the level of pace I've exhibited compared to the field so far but I've raced a lot of these guys before and no one here is slow, so I'm very proud for the results I've achieved.

Yes, easily. The first goal was to win and take a pole position, and from there I hoped to be in the title fight. I didn't expect to have won half the races at this point.

Cut out the poor performances I maintain better consistency. If I do that I think I should be able to see out the season and become champion.

9. There have been faults but for me there have been very few faults.

If me and @F1_Dan don't win the constructors I'm banning him from the site ;)

F1_Dan

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2015
Best race is obviously Monaco, delivered the lap in quali and then had a solid race. Favourite probably Baku, was some good battling for the first stint and then was very intense towards the end.

Bahrain brings horror memories but I think Canada was worse. Had very good pace and was on the better strategy only to have my race ruined at T1.

Been good racing from most people in the league, honestly thought @DemoN was going to walk it so to see that @FTR_SergiMtZ has been leading the championship until Ben's tactical de-sync yesterday was surprising.

Main objective was to win a race so at least I got that, to be ruled out of the championship this early is disappointing.

To win another race would be nice other than that I better get my best Bottas impression out

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Proably Silverstone only because it was my first podium

There have been a few but probably China or Baku. In China I was on for a podium after being in last due to a lag start, only to smash into @99Pipmatt. And in Baku I had good pace but I disconnected and when rejoining the game decided to let me control the car right at the castle.....

It has been pretty good

No not really
If I have time to practice then being in top 5 consistently.

99Pipmatt

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 2, 2017

Australia, managed to have the pace and work my way through the field with some decent overtakes, it was also my first proper podium in AOR.

Baku or Monaco. Baku purely down to the fact I could’ve won it possibly, if I didn’t go wide at turn 1 when the vsc ended.

Monaco was an all round disaster, binned it 2 mins into quali. That left me second to last and then got caught up in the mess at turn one and lost my front wing. Then had zero pace, got lapped and binned it... again.

Very clean and competitive, much better than I anticipated.

I expected to be around where I am now. Pretty happy with a clear 4th place in the championship.

To be consistently in the top 6 for the rest of the season. If I finish top 5 in the drivers at the end of it, it’d be a job well done.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
I think I'd have to say Spain! Terrible qualifying last, but a great race in the wet where I was able to climb up to finish P6! Would have been even better had I been able to hold onto that P5 position!

Probably Australia because I had spent a long 23 laps on the Soft tyre, only to then finally pit for the Ultra Soft tyre and crash out while in the points. Honorable mentions go to Azerbaijan and France where I damaged my wing through my own fault and ruined those races which could have been decent. Canada too I guess as it didn't feel great to be what felt like getting overtaken every lap haha.

Tough. I was expecting it to be after finding out I was going to be in F3. But it's been clean racing for the most part which is good, which is much better than I was experiencing last season!

I was expecting it to be tough so yes. My goal was and is to finish in the points as much as I can, which I'm succeeding here and there so it's not all bad.

The expectation is being at the back. My hope is to finish in the points. I suppose then you could say my goal is to just try and improve over the remainder of the season to the point where I can battle properly, and perhaps feel a bit more legit in my point finishes haha.

I don't know. Position wise it would be low, but I knew it was going to be tough against all these good drivers so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself as I have finished in the points here and there. As a reliable and trustworthy driver though, I'd like to think high.

Petition to abandon simulation tyre temperatures next season? :ROFLMAO:
So many times where I've had to adjust driving style or just change strategy completely haha.

Roadhouse

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2017
Baku for me. Obviously a few of the front runners didn't fare too well there which pushed me up the order but I'd literally done about 12 laps of practice before the race. Kept it calm and clean and picked up my best result of the season at the end

Australia. Never had any pace there and this season was no different.

Generally very high. The pace at the front is very good, probably a bit faster than I anticipated tbh but seeing how close some of the times in quali have been it's definitely the most competitive league I've been in from front to back

Not yet, was hoping for a podium at some stage but on normal pace I think that might be out of reach. If you boys up front want to have a terrible race all at the same time that would be great ;)

Hoping to still try and get on the podium at some stage but realistically just looking to get some decent point scores at every race

5 - my quali has generally been poor all season and I've tended to fade a bit towards the end of races but I've picked some decent results so can't complain too much

Title fight looks like it could go all the way which will be interesting to watch (from a distance :ROFLMAO:) Good luck to you guys and everyone for the rest of the season. Happy Christmas!

APeeeX_EU

Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
Austria. It was the only race without damage on my car and so finished in a clean race on P2 without taking any risks.
France. Most training, most confidence
and I think i had the pace to win.
Damage in first lap and my crew in the pits thought they dont need to change the frontwing so I lost 1sec a lap.

I thought im getting destroyed from everyone in this League, because this 4 races were my first online races ever
driven in an f1 game.

After I See what is possible, definetly not.
But in the beginning I thought that I am definetly the slowest driver so its ok for the First half.

To win a race, prefer germany because its my home race

Hard to say, I know what is possible and the luck was not with me, 3-4.

No not really :D