S2 Ideas..... | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S2 Ideas.....

Which idea do you like best for season 2?

• Formula Ford

• Prototype Cars

• Street legal super cars

• Kit Cars

• Something else (discuss below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
As promised, here is a poll for season 2 ideas. Please note that there would need to be substantial interest for any of these ideas to move forward.

@ElseCrib [ElseCrib] - Hungarian - Braking Line
2. @VN7 GT [VN7 GT] - British - Manual without Clutch, Racing Line
3. @JAakob_Ross17 [QuAz GiNGE] - British - Manual without Clutch, Braking Line
4. @Morvic [TheMorVic] - Polish - Braking Line
5. @WidowedGraph738 [widowedgraph738] - British - None
6. @F1x SPEED [F1x SPEED] - British - ABS
7. @Best1ale [best1ale] - Italian - Racing Line
8. @Quaz Tornado [QuAz ToRnAdO] - British - Manual without Clutch, Braking Line
9. @matt212 [Matt212gamingYT] - British - Braking Line
10. @klaws60 [klaws60] - English - Braking Line
11. @Casey legend99 [Casey legend99] - British - Manual with Clutch
12. @Keithn222 [Keithn222] - Scottish - ABS
13. @xHarryyyyyyyy [xHarryyyyyyyy] - British - Braking Line
14. @Damien l 92 [Damien l 92] - British - Braking Line
15. @AOR Neuville [AOR Neuville] - Scottish - Manual without clutch
16. @McMUFFin [zoMcMUFFinzo] - English - Braking Line
17. @XRC PhilGDUK [XRC PhilGDUK] - British - Manual without Clutch, Braking Line
19. @Bio42 [Bio 42] - German - None
20. @RC Iron STARK [RC Iron STARK] - French - Braking Line
22. @Da4thSuspect [Da4thSuspect] - English - Manual without Clutch
23. @RickyTan [LMR Hybrid] - Jamaican - Braking Line
24. @Martijn Rutte [MartijnR2702] - Dutch - Braking Line

Reserve Drivers:
1. @Riddle U [Riddle U] - American - None
2. @Bence Fehér [C0LDH3AD] - Hungarian - Braking Line & Manual without Clutch
3. @l medal l [L medal L] - American - Braking Line
4. @D3X1AN [D3X1AN] - British - Braking Line & Manual with clutch
5. @Rockstar Matt [Rockstar Matt] - American - Braking Line
6. @kurzawa [RC Steve 86] - Belgian - Manual without clutch, Braking Line
7. @cravedweller [crave dweller] - American - Manual without clutch, Braking Line
9. @LewisCentral [LewisCentral] - British - None

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Prototypes ftw
[DOUBLEPOST=1473656817][/DOUBLEPOST]We had fun with them didnt we @l medal l they are fun cars to drive

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
I dont fancy at 200mph trying to race you @Morvic :')

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Matt lol you were the one who wanted prototypes, didnt enter new league because of lack of them and now you say its a bad idea, what is going on?

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
Matt lol you were the one who wanted prototypes, didnt enter new league because of lack of them and now you say its a bad idea, what is going on?
Its not the cars its the drivers mate i wont lie ;)

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Im not the one that takes you out every time, besides accidents can happen everywhere (e.g. Modern Gt long Beach)

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
After having watched a number of replays from season one, voting prototypes will make the problems experienced in the first season, ten times worse. If the driving standard struggled with slower FWD cars, having cars of that nature would be an extremely bad decision.

We in the modern GT don't know whether to leave Bathurst in the calendar or not after long beach, as you have to be aware of the potential problems certain choices have depending on how drivers cope in some situations.

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Although I love bathurst i agree that it can case problems, totally agree.
I'd give prototypes one more chance, without Gt cars. Not neccessarily LMP1 / 2, DP's are also an option.
[DOUBLEPOST=1473672906][/DOUBLEPOST]I prefer safety and good racing on worse tracks instead of carnage on beautiful tracks.

Reactions: l medal l

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
I think on certain tracks DP's would certainly go fine. As far as other prototypes, I haven't been in them enough to know. I do know that before any league gets started, significant testing will need to be done with drivers both inside and outside of the proposed league to ensure A) Car balance (if applicable) and B) Car and track viability.

Also, the rules will be as rigid in this league as they are in the Modern GT league. Thats not an issue up for debate. If you have any questions regarding the nature and type of punishment enforced in the Modern GT League, click here. I'd also ask that people like @SavageSnailx69x and @Regamus serve as stewards for a league of this nature if indeed there is enough interest.

Last, while I agree with @matt212 that the drivers were to blame for the incidents on track last season, it is incumbent on league coordinators to enforce clean and fair driving standards in a consistent manner. This isn't a cheap shot at @ElseCrib and @VN7 GT, but rather a consistency I've noticed with all successful leagues on this website from the F1 series to Project Cars. Its my opinion that leniency on early incidents created an atmosphere of recklessness that manifested into all out on-track warfare rather than the principles and guidelines of this website.

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I think LMP1 would be even easier since they are AWD (most of them) so when you actually make contact it's easier to save your car than DP's. AWD = Safety lol. Both LMP and DP's are good idea, but personally I'd take DP's, it's something we didn't do yet in league racing.

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
Another option is an absolute zero tolerance rule on contact. I know that seems harsh, but given what happened last season that might actually be best.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVR Morvic

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Would be actually good but it would be impossible to introduce and use it, pretty much half of the grid would get penalties. We could do a rule that restricts contact, it can appear but not multiple times, just like corner cutting rule. @l medal l what do you think about this?

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
Sounds interesting, I think it'd need to be tested to see how viable such a rule is and what type of driving it creates.

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Yeah, I think it's better since Motorsport is pretty much a sport where zero contact is not possible, it wouldn't be reasonable to make a rule that does not tolerate it at all.

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
I think a rule that will be enforced (and is for the most part in Modern GT) is that if you initiate contact during an overtake, a penalty is likely.

Last edited:

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I really dislike this but it's up to you lol, you're the cord not me.

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
Not up to me entirely. Everyone gets to have their say in decisions such as this. Besides, we have a long way to go before even thinking now about contact rules.

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Zero contact would be extremely hard to enforce, but like medal same if you make contact which results in a successful overtake your probably going to get penalized for it.

Contact is going to happen but we do strive to keep it at a bare minimum and it will never be accepted in our league as an accepted by product of racing.

Reactions: l medal l

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Seems that Prototypes are winning. :)