S3: AOR Grid AutoSport Multi Class Championship - Round 3 [25/02 19:30] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S3: AOR Grid AutoSport Multi Class Championship - Round 3 [25/02 19:30]

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

Information:
Date: 25 February 2015
Time: 19:30 GMT

Circuit:
Track:
Hockenheimring GP
Car Class: Open Wheel / Formula B
Laps: 20 laps
Weather: Dry/Daytime
Grid Order: Random

Please discuss below:

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
I remember these cars understeer like hell (if I'm correct) :meh:

Couple this with a track where I went synchronised spinning with Trout whilst sitting in that all-important 2nd place, this doesn't sound like I'm gonna fare much better than Bathurst. But still, I'll get used to this game again, eventually...

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
These cars are a real b*tch to get the hang of going from 2nd to 3rd kicking the back end out, so thats what makes them a challenge, braking with a slipstream can be a handful to :D

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
These cars are a real b*tch to get the hang of going from 2nd to 3rd kicking the back end out, so thats what makes them a challenge, braking with a slipstream can be a handful to :D
Braking with slipstream...better learn from the last F1 2014 race I did then :banghead:

CAMER0N64

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 10, 2015
I am actually OK at this I can drive this car quite well.
What is everyone's pace

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
We had a quick run around last night and low 1:24's seem to be where we were at for now but i presume with practice it'll be into the 23's at least

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Is there any possibility we can switch to Formula C? I had absolutely no control of the car even after practising for 30-odd laps (I can imagine the same applies to a few of the other guys here), plus the Formula Cs always produce great racing.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Dev tbh i'm finding the Formula B's a real handful too m8 your not on your own, especially on the change up from the lower gears under acceleration, spitting the rear end out uncontrollably but I wont change it just for that as thats the reason for a unpredictable championship and anything can happen right? But i'll put it to a majority vote in the game lobby and if everyone doesnt mind swapping cars it could be a possibility for now but i'll go on the assumption we'll be racing the Formula B cars. 20 laps of holding on by your ass checks what can go wrong.

Reactions: Devastation

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Dev tbh i'm finding the Formula B's a real handful too m8 your not on your own, especially on the change up from the lower gears under acceleration, spitting the rear end out uncontrollably but I wont change it just for that as thats the reason for a unpredictable championship and anything can happen right? But i'll put it to a majority vote in the game lobby and if everyone doesnt mind swapping cars it could be a possibility for now but i'll go on the assumption we'll be racing the Formula B cars. 20 laps of holding on by your ass checks what can go wrong.
Haha, sounds fair mate

N

N20-0x1d3

Slipstream, is your friend, slipstream is your enemy. It is you friend at the start of a fast straight, it is your enemy 200metres from the next turn at the end of that fast straight.

NWRStorm

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2014
Is there any possibility we can switch to Formula C? I had absolutely no control of the car even after practising for 30-odd laps (I can imagine the same applies to a few of the other guys here), plus the Formula Cs always produce great racing.
Just close your eyes and you will be fine mate. That is what i am planning do at least.
Anyway, i think this is gonna be an awesome race! I had a lot of practice on the time trials and i am fairly optimistic.Until just as recent as yesterday when i found out that my car was only level 10. Now, i can either have downforce fully off or in the middle. I will have it completely off, that's is right, i will unleash the beast!

No, but seriously we have a saying in Sweden in moments like these. Roughly translated it goes
- If you cant win then take the dragon for a spin

Good luck everyone!

• Funny
Reactions: Du7cH

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Just close your eyes and you will be fine mate. That is what i am planning do at least.
Anyway, i think this is gonna be an awesome race! I had a lot of practice on the time trials and i am fairly optimistic.Until just as recent as yesterday when i found out that my car was only level 10. Now, i can either have downforce fully off or in the middle. I will have it completely off, that's is right, i will unleash the beast!

No, but seriously we have a saying in Sweden in moments like these. Roughly translated it goes
- If you cant win then take the dragon for a spin

Good luck everyone!
These cars take the mickey though, I race F1 2014 leagues and at least those cars can produce good, clean racing even with the terrible handling model (just to add, I'm in the bottom tier of the F1 leagues, before anyone claims it's because I'm not fast in Formula B), whereas these geniunely are uncontrollable.

I like a challenge, but not one that's going to frustrate the hell out of me when there's much better alternatives.

CAMER0N64

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 10, 2015
For some reason I can control these cars
Where as Formula C whenever I turn or put the power I lose the back end

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Right, if I can't sort this issue out in practice, I'll be sitting this one out as I don't want to be a danger to everyone else, nor does getting lapped at the back on my own sound like a fun prospect either.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I've had little practice at all in these Formula B's and not feeling 100% doesnt help, so I dont expect anything spectacular tonight expect digging myself out of the nearest gravel trap.

CAMER0N64

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 10, 2015
Especially the hairpin in the stadium section and the final corner will be probraly be where it will happen

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Some great racing tonight guys, sorry to cut lose from the lobby early as i wasnt feeling 100% but hope to catch up with you all soon (y)

Reactions: 1 person

CAMER0N64

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 10, 2015
Good pace tonight happy with P5 started 4th but lost it straight away to Dev before running deep and tapping him at T2 sorry for that then 4 cars side by side on the straight battled with du7ch until Davie and dragonlord make mistakes eventually dropped out of the toe of du7ch and lost 4th to Dragonlord then had just to not make mistakes to get 5th

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Good pace tonight happy with P5 started 4th but lost it straight away to Dev before running deep and tapping him at T2 sorry for that then 4 cars side by side on the straight battled with du7ch until Davie and dragonlord make mistakes eventually dropped out of the toe of du7ch and lost 4th to Dragonlord then had just to not make mistakes to get 5th
It's fine, wouldn't have expected you to have tapped me considering how you raced against me at Bathurst and on xMattyG's open lobby