PC - S3 R3 Practice/Social 23/2/20 (Sun) & 24/2/20 (Mon) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S3 R3 Practice/Social 23/2/20 (Sun) & 24/2/20 (Mon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lieven

Junior Karter
Jun 21, 2016
Hey guys, I have been testing yesterday and unfortunately the night conditions are something my PC can not handle like it should. From time to time the screen hangs when I drive at night together with other cars. I tried to fix it, lowering the settings to the bare minimum but still it happens. I do not want to risk ruining others races so I will have to pull out for now :(. I was really looking forward to join the leagues. Maybe later when I upgrade my gear...

• Informative
Reactions: GIXXERosg

NynS

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Hey guys, I have been testing yesterday and unfortunately the night conditions are something my PC can not handle like it should. From time to time the screen hangs when I drive at night together with other cars. I tried to fix it, lowering the settings to the bare minimum but still it happens. I do not want to risk ruining others races so I will have to pull out for now :(. I was really looking forward to join the leagues. Maybe later when I upgrade my gear...
Have you decreased the number of visible cars? It sounds like your CPU can't catch up with the calculations (read: light beams, if it only happens in night races) it has to do (also, decreasing rear view mirror to 70-80m and rely a bit on the minimap). Decreasing those should lessen the number of calculations it has to make. 10-12 cars would be enough.

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
track limits in turn 2 are soooooo inconsistent... blatantly cut and gain 3 tenths? nothing. Touch the kerbs with 2 wheels, nearly lose control and lose a second? DRIVETHROUGH REEE

Reactions: NynS

Steve Allan

GP2 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
Holy cow that race was so much fun. Really enjoyed it. Had some good battles on track. I'm actually feeling very confidant about tomorrows race now.

Status
Not open for further replies.