S3:R3 Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S3:R3 Road America

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Also where are my 18 alerts telling me that "I'm not going to make it" Are we going to have.... A full... a full grid?!

Reactions: ramdrop

RaikoGordon24

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2016
Also where are my 18 alerts telling me that "I'm not going to make it" Are we going to have.... A full... a full grid?!
Well, I'm sorry for noticing you that late but I can't race this time neither unfortunately.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry for the late notice. Just got through my front door. Been an absolute hectic day. Not gonna be able to make the race.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
A lot of drivers failing to attend, some of which will be removed from the league. Not impressed.

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
The game crashed. Was still feeling the wall into the FFB, I tried to keep the car stuck in it. Unfortunately according to @Era the car bounced back on track.
Sorry for him. Good bye potential top 5.

Last edited:

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
@Meireloso nothing you could have done as i said to you in vocal, you were a passenger, no worries.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Just to say that I hate this track..

However, surprised with qualifying, I could have got pole, but as always, I bottle, going up the final straight and watching the time wash away..

About the race, well, I wanted to do a 0x race which is totally possible. I almost rear ended @ramiboo into turn 1 because he hit the brakes earlier than I thought, after that I just chilled, @Finch overtook me and i didn't bat an eye or bother defending, like I said, I hate this track.

@ramiboo spun and killed a few pro drivers which left with me a good gap to @Lamoracke79 which I maintained if not increased, had a few scary moments when the car was empty and almost thought I was going to run out of fuel.. got my 1x in the final 5mins when the car refused to stop into the final corner (worst corner imo) and I took a detour off the grass up to the barrier and back on track.

Anyway, happy with P2. Congrats to @Finch

Reactions: Finch

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Just to say that I hate this track..

However, surprised with qualifying, I could have got pole, but as always, I bottle, going up the final straight and watching the time wash away..

About the race, well, I wanted to do a 0x race which is totally possible. I almost rear ended @ramiboo into turn 1 because he hit the brakes earlier than I thought, after that I just chilled, @Finch overtook me and i didn't bat an eye or bother defending, like I said, I hate this track.

@ramiboo spun and killed a few pro drivers which left with me a good gap to @Lamoracke79 which I maintained if not increased, had a few scary moments when the car was empty and almost thought I was going to run out of fuel.. got my 1x in the final 5mins when the car refused to stop into the final corner (worst corner imo) and I took a detour off the grass up to the barrier and back on track.

Anyway, happy with P2. Congrats to @Finch
Thanks mate was quite a boring race for me after that collision with the guys behind.

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
Surprised and delighted with 3rd after a pretty disappointing qualifying. Was a bit hectic at the start. Had some unfortunate contact with Espen on lap 1 exiting Turn 5, just a racing incident but unfortunately turned Espen around. After being pushed off at the same corner a lap later I had to calm myself down and get into a rhythm which I eventually was able to do.

Dodged some spinners and made my way up to 5th, chasing down Brad and closely followed by Jukka. Brad and I had very similar pace and we'd just managed to shake off Jukka not long before the pit stops. I decided to go for the undercut as I wasn't sure I would be able to pass on track and it just about worked! 4th became 3rd after what I assume was a drive-through for Joonas and very unexpected! After being disappointed with my pace in quali I'm glad I was able to be consistent enough in the race to take home a strong result. Thanks in particular to Brad and Joonas for a fun race! We didn't necessarily have intense wheel to wheel battles but you guys made me push the entire time. :D

Unfortunately I won't be racing next week but I'll be back for Silverstone! Congrats Harrison on the win and Jason for 2nd.

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
Hi,

Had a fairly decent qualifying could of been better but didn't want to risk too much but was happy with Starting P9 with the strength of the field.

Was a pretty close race through-out with people behind but those ahead was just way too quick for me. Congrats to @Finch on winning the race and pole and @WarroF1 for keeping my alert while chasing me down and overtaking me (shame about my mistake, otherwise we might of had a wheel to wheel battle) :D.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
The car was getting uncontrollable towards the end, so I lost a potential 6th place but I'm happy with going from 16th to 8th <:

• Burn
Reactions: ramdrop

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah I have never had pace around that track @Finch haha. Maybe with more practice.. but not today :p

Would have been worse with a hotter track :D

Afterlithe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2018
I actually finished this race! (Even though I spun all by myself lap 4)

Best race of season for me so far, hands down. :cool:

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
In case anyone has trouble falling asleep, here is my view of the race:
Had a few short periods of battles, or rather trying to keep faster drivers behind for a bit. @Witte29 was disappointed to see you leave, could have been a tight affair.

Otherwise, slow and steady as always

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
The track temperature let me down. D: Was praying for hottyyyy conditions! Still, pace wasn't too bad, but that kind off didn't really matter as the race was over relatively quickly (as they tend to these days anyway, last week was actually an exception in more than one way). Happy for @Finch thoooo, looked incredibly strong in the few laps I witnessed! :)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I FINISHED A RACE!

Was it mistake free? Absolutely not! I fell off once at what I call Turn 2, and I spun at what I call turn 3, and I ran wide a few times. Lost a chunk of time, but hey, I didn't get myself a drive-through, I didn't die. I didn't get DSQ'd. Got myself 7th place and I'm now outscoring @The Genius. Onward to the next race!

Very happy.

TM WebbersRacing

Pro Karter
Jul 27, 2016
Well a tale of 2 halves for me, which actually makes a race! Yes a race, I finished a race! Managed to get a good setup dialled this week and focused more on race pace rather than qualifying and it quickly showed. Was moving through the pack with some decent overtakes and taking the freebies as they came. i have moved from 17th on the grid to 7th overall in the race and was in a solid 2nd in Am. That is until I got a bit too greedy with the turn 4 kerbs and ended up having a spin which cost me 25 seconds. Started to recover once again and waited until the pitstops. Unfortunately, when my crew chief tolled me to pit, it was already too late, I didn't have enough to make it to the end of the lap. So I ended up back off my 15 seconds to make it back to the pits.

Once out of the pits, I had 40 minutes to try and salvage something. I came within 4 seconds of 3rd in Am after hauling in 19 seconds in the last 7 laps.

So in the end, I finished 12th overall and 4th in the Am class. Far better than the previous 2 weeks as I had failed to finish in both of those. Onwards to Imola!

Reactions: Xsess