S3:R6 Nürburgring GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S3:R6 Nürburgring GP

Rcfly3r1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 19, 2016
right lads my internet keeps dropping out so i dont think i am gonna be able to race tonight. if it sorts itself out i will but it is not looking good :(

Saso

Pro Karter
Sep 7, 2017
Came home late. Turn the PC on and i see that windows will update... ok , no problem, it shouldn't take more then few minutes... Yeah right... it took more than half hour and the best news is Fanatec didn't like that update... No FF and pedals are not recognized...
Nice move MS, you did it again,twice in a row....
Sorry i was 100% sure i will race tonight but it looks like Bill has different plans for me tonigh o_O.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
I can be such a piece of :poop: at times.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
right lads my internet keeps dropping out so i dont think i am gonna be able to race tonight. if it sorts itself out i will but it is not looking good :(
You realize the race had already started by the time you posted that?

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
wohooo! P11 with 1 incident point from running a bit too tight into the chicane. Happy with that. also good consistency, laps with traffic aside, done 52s all race (yeah, that's slow for you, but I'm a happy camper)

Reactions: Marvin

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
wooohooo, rift turned black, got back in 2 laps behind or so, yay, FML

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
ah that sucks. hope the rift is OK and it was a one-off.

on a side note, if I did my math right, I might have a 99 point lead in Tier 3, just by finishing each race and that means, with 2 rounds to go, I might have won something the first time EVER :D

Joachim Ljunggren

Pro Karter
Jul 2, 2018
A tough race! The first lap wasn't the best. I was a bit unfocused. Got the final chicane wrong and thought I would lose a place to Bouché on the straight. I did some defensive manoeuvre and he stayed behind. After that I concentrated to calm down a bit and catch Magnus who was the car in front of me. I had Bouché close behind me all the time and he seemed fast.
Catched Magnus after a couple of laps and he let me through into turn 1. Then I tried to pull away. I think I got 1.5-2 seconds gap. But then Magnus had some malfunction on his car so he had to pull aside. Bummer I thought because then my buffer to Bouché was gone.
After a couple of laps he pitted early. I think he tried to do an undercut. So I concentrated hard to do low 50s sometimes dipping into 49s. Got reports from Magnus that Bouché seemed to do high 50s and my fourth place was safe. So I concentrated not to make any misstakes. Pitted and got out 10 seconds in front of Andreas with Bouché not in sight.
Rather happy with my fourth place. A track that I like. But 80 minutes here seemed long. No place to rest.

Reactions: Stephan

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
HI @Stevie I will be back next week for Le Mans, purchased a new GPU + Motherboard today so I'm all set now. sorry for the absences but it was out of my hands for the time being. Anyhow, back to normal now. will be here from now on.

Reactions: Stevie

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Mine did something similar at T1 near the middle of the race, thankfully it came back right away.
Really struggled for rear grip all night though. Not too happy with the pace, but at least I won the 2 man amateur race and top 10 overall.
Is there a mandatory pit stop btw? Or if I can save enough, can I just stay out?

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Happy with my pace though spinning twice wasn't fun. Then in the pits I forgot to turn off the tyres, so I had new front tyres and old rears. Not ideal.

jawee

Junior Karter
Jul 2, 2018
That was an interesting one.
Qualified fourth, might have had another tenth in me which could have given me third, but satisfied with the lap.

At the start, the pole sitter went early, so I followed. I think P3 got a bit of a slow start and I passed him before it was allowed (theory, will have to check the replay to figure out what I did wrong :D). So I got a 1 second stop and go. Went into the pits at the end of lap one to serve my penalty and came out 15-17 seconds behind second to last place.
I then drove probably the best race of my iRacing career, consistent times of mid to high 49s, with a few low 50s, I chased down I think five or six cars. Got some freebies, and a late splash n dash at the end for fuel and I came out in fifth position, leapfrogging Sara Dove and Jukka Suominen that were ahead of me when they went into the pits. Had a little bit of pressure from Jukka behind for the last few laps, but managed to stay in front and I had no chance of chasing down Joachim who were 10 seconds in front of me when I came out of the pits.

For having a first lap penalty which led to me being in the pits twice, I finished 50 seconds off the leaders and had an awesome race, probably only 1-2 positions behind where I realisticly could have finished without the penalty.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
All I got out of last nights race was that it was too hot for me to race and I was unable to focus so I retired my car after spinning twice into turn 1, I just hope next week is better

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
Didn't qualify great, got an off-track on second lap where I was about half a second up. Picked up damage at the start after Ronnie lost it at T1. My only option was to try and squeeze through on the inside as there was no space to avoid his car on the outside but there wasn't enough room on the inside either.

Aero damage meant the only way I was keeping up with cars was with draft. This was evident when I tried an earlier pitstop after being behind Jukka for a long time. It was nice having clear track but the loss of his slipstream meant my pace wasn't great. Kept racking up the 1xs and ended up getting DQ'd with 6 minutes to go.

Unfortunately I cannot make the final two races but I would definitely love to be back for season 4! It's purely by chance that something clashes with the races these next two weeks, it's not often I can't make Tuesday nights after these couple of weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

"Oh look, he's leaving me the racing line clear, this is so kin... Whatever." So naive :LOL:

Also, I forgot to put another 45L in the tank for the race. Please don't judge me.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I have little to report. Due to the woeful attendance, it meant a small grid. I started second to last and finished there too.

Was never in contention for higher places. Perhaps could've finished ahead of @Browneskiii had I not thrown myself off the road (Yes I'm doing that again) at the hairpin.

But other than that. Rather dull.