S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Sebring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Sebring

Merlin Cooper

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 2, 2017
Had my second race in this league tonight. Wasn't able to start practice before tonight - thus not a lot of laps before the races started.

Thought I'm going to be lapped again but my race pace seemed to be a little better this time. Could have finished 1 or 2 places better if I would not have had spun the car in sunset bend two or three laps before the end of the race. On the other hand I was lucky that I did not crash into the wall and could continue the race. Tires were gone at the end of the race.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Well, best of a bad situation.

Qualifying was terrible. P20! P20! Awful!

Made steady progress in early laps. Ended up chasing Evan to the pit-stops, jumped him through the stops. Then @Bucefal managed to jump both of us, which was amazing but annoying all at the same time. I tried to attack straight away, we managed side by side for a while. I tried to go around the outside of Tower, but I turned in too early and pitted myself on the front of his car and lost about 4 places. Threw away an easy 8/9th overall with that.

Held off @Dandy for a while, I guess he tried to outbrake into Cunningham and got it wrong because he then went sailing past me.

Ended up trying to fight off @Zonerouge12, but I guess he got DSQ'd.

Now the top 3 are separated by 4 points. And 4th, 5th and 6th are not out of it yet.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
I´ve got two questions:

1. Why is there a PRO championship?

2. The overall championship is decided but oddly the PRO championship is still up for grabs if I´m not mistaken?

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
Got ok start and was p5 untill got rearended in t1 at lap 10. Lost few positions but managed to continue. Was following Alexander and my vr headset decided to loose focus going into hairpin. MIssed my braking point because of that and hit Alexander causing him to spin. Waited for him to continue and we both lost many positions. Made an early pitstop and finaly caught up to @Stevie. While trying to overtake him on the brakes my headset decides to completely go blank for couple of seconds. Decided to retire after that before causing any more chaos.

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
All I have to say to that incident. I think there is enough room.
..and yet you still managed to turn me around? Lets face it, you were driving angry. Id let you past 2 laps earlier because I knew you were faster, then you spun at Sunset and got pissy because I wouldnt let you past again... you had your chance, now Im going to race you.... so you pinch me and turn me around.

Disappointing tbh.

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
..and yet you still managed to turn me around? Lets face it, you were driving angry. Id let you past 2 laps earlier because I knew you were faster, then you spun at Sunset and got pissy because I wouldnt let you past again... you had your chance, now Im going to race you.... so you pinch me and turn me around.

Disappointing tbh.
How I turned into you if my wheel is turned to left?

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017

Disappointing tbh.
And why do you think I was angry?

Reactions: Merlin Cooper

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
Totally messed up my race. Made a somewhat stupid move to overtake, got a bit of contact, then spun in the next corner and had to take a little moment in the gravel pit to watch everyone go by and think about what I'd done. Made an early pit stop to repair the damage but then got stuck behind @Niclas Domino . And when I finally got past I spun again on the penultimate lap. More patience next time!

Reactions: Dandy

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Knew that this was probably the last track of the calendar where I had a realistic chance of winning since the Porsche clearly was the best car, no doubt.

Didn't really drive as well as I have been in the past 2 races, the first few laps were scetchy and nearly lost me the lead and even after starting to extend the gap the lap times were a bit on and off. Also didn't help that I had a crampy foot around the pit stop phase, luckily it was only really bad for one lap. :p

In the end it got super close with @mike66187 due to my massive brain failure in T17 with 7 laps to go. Those last few laps were maybe the best laps of my entire race, at least it felt like it.

Super happy to get another win this season and hope the consistency in results holds until the end to get the double. :)