S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 11 - Ferrari Daytona | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 11 - Ferrari Daytona

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
Won’t be here tonight, my downshifter has broke on my rim. I had to retire from F1 race yesterday due to it. It does work, but it stops randomly and it’s unsafe for me to race. My new rim which I’ve ordered is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, so i will be here for the next race. Thanks

Reactions: Stevie

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Apologies for the incredibly late notice folks, I got in from work about 5 mins ago and I'm shattered, not sure it would be a great idea for me to race tonight.

Also in advance of the last race of the calendar I'd also like to apologise for my absolutely shocking season, honestly don't know what's happened to the pace I used to have (not that it was massievly spectacular) but hopefully with week 13 and the two empty race slots in december I can recover some lost ground.

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Am Class Win number 3 ^.^/

had to do some fuel saving at the end to make sure i got to the line, crossed it with about 6L left

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
Well I got to the end for once, that's something! Qualified 9th which I was reasonably happy with. Made a decent start as well and was running 7th before a small error dropped me to 10th. Fuel saved behind a gaggle for a bit before it got a little strung out and I was losing time so decided to pit early.

I used Kutu apps fuel calculator for the first time and overfueled by about 4 laps because I apparently can't do basic math or read properly! Also messed up exiting my pit box so lost a heap of time in the pits as I usually end up doing. Came home in 11th, little disappointed I didn't get a top ten but oh well! I was really struggling in the second half of the race with overheating tyres.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Sorry to everyone who got black flags or other issues at the start due to me not getting on the throttle in time. Everyone disappeared for a few seconds on my screen on the main straight during the formation lap and at the point when it fixed itself the race had started already. :confused:

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
lonely race. got no chance to benefit from the slipstream (much).
was ever so slightly off pace, but still managed to finish on the lead lap.
Not sure what to make of that, off pace yet not lapped... weird!
Good news tho, first race in a bit where I didn't bin it. not a scratch, not a bump, not a spin.

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
ran a good race until i got punted by a fellow ford, made me retire the car. sadface

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
That was a very good race. Started with quite a bit less fuel than max, about 8 gallons or so. I felt quick in the first stint, but the slipstream meant it took forever to pull away. I think if I'd broken it within the first couple of laps, the win may well have been on. Anyway, eventually I do break it, and get the gap up to 6 seconds before I have to pit. Obviously my pit-stop was longer then others around me, so when @N1kmido came out the pits only about 2 seconds or so ahead, I thought that was a great sign. @mike66187 then came out just ahead, but I got passed him, but I think he had an issue coming out the pits, so it meant getting and staying ahead of him was relatively straight forward.

At some point, I realised I had underfueled the car in the pit-stop, which meant I had to do fuel saving, but at the same time I really didn't want to lose the gap to Dominik, so I pushed as hard as I could to get to within the slipstream of him to get into a position where I could save fuel without losing time to him and also those behind. This carried on for about 5 laps before I decided to attempt to make the move on the penultimate lap, hoping to break the slipstream. This didn't happen, and I knew I wanted to do a tiny bit more fuel saving coming into the bus-stop on the final lap, to just be sure I could make it to the end, and I also wanted to be behind for the run to the line so I could have the slipstream, so I lifted off slightly through the banking up to the bus-stop and allowed Dominik through, to then get the slipstream for the final run to the line, which in the end worked out to be exactly enough, both in terms of slipstream to beat him and also fuel saving into the bus-stop as as soon as I crossed the line, I started to splutter.

Overall, very happy with that.

The only disappointing thing about this race is having to miss NASA's InSight Mars mission. But hey ho, I'm sure it'll be more common place in the relatively near future so I can make sure I watch those.

Reactions: Dandy

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Man that was close. Almost caught ya @AOR Midg3t ;). Was wondering whether it was fuel or tires. Well deserved anyway, you were faster on pace all race.
Also want to shout out @Meireloso for being an excellent drafting buddy for about 10 laps or so :p.

Reactions: Stephan

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
Had a quali penalty and started last. First half of the race was realy fun. Second half was mainly driving alone and had to save the fuel for the last 5laps. Had 0.7l left after finish line:)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
That was very fun. Very strategic actually.

I desperately tried to hold on to @Steffen Herrmann in the early part, he was obviously faster so having him pull me along was quite good.

When Djawad I fell off a bit, and those two pulled away. Ended up with a small battle with Ben Warren. He pitted first so I stayed out and hoped that the lower fuel would help. Came out a few seconds ahead. Then realised Mr. Reithmuller was catching, and catching... continuing to catch. He had a run at turn 1 but he dropped it under braking I think.

Very fun race. Back to what my early season form I think. Back in the top 10, no mistakes. Consistent drive. Good stuff.

Confirming @Ycoms as Overall, and Pro champion. @Phil Bedford as Am Champion! Congrats boys.

Also big scary going into next week. @Bucefal and I separated by only 2 points! ARGH!

We know who will be faster, it's all down to circumstance then!

Reactions: Stephan and Dandy

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
After my disastrous IMSA race yesterday I wasn't expecting much for tonight. Fortunately, we have an alien in VEC-SIMRACING who gave me his setup 5 minutes before the session openned. Result was P5 in quali and 1st Pro/Am. Stunning!

Black flags and slipstream doing their magics, it allowed me to stay in a comfort zone, a few lenghts behind the big guys and well ahead of my contenders for some laps.
Eventually @N1kmido came back from his nap ;) carrying @FisiFan91 on his back. Having no chance to fight against Dominik and Knut being slightly faster than me, decided to let them through and try to go for a strategic race.

I spent at least 15 laps in Knut slipstream, managing to save 2 laps of fuel I think, as well as my tyres. Refueling maths were perfect and I stopped 1.1 second less then him. Could have been a interesting fight untill the end of race buuuuuuut, nope. Power spinned leaving pitstall :ROFLMAO:

Altghough I trully hate Monza, I can't wait for the ultimate battle to come for Pro/Am championship. Who wants to give me slipstream? Pleeease.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
After my disastrous IMSA race yesterday I wasn't expecting much for tonight. Fortunately, we have an alien in VEC-SIMRACING who gave me his setup 5 minutes before the session openned. Result was P5 in quali and 1st Pro/Am. Stunning!

Black flags and slipstream doing their magics, it allowed me to stay in a comfort zone, a few lenghts behind the big guys and well ahead of my contenders for some laps.
Eventually @N1kmido came back from his nap ;) carrying @FisiFan91 on his back. Having no chance to fight against Dominik and Knut being slightly faster than me, decided to let them through and try to go for a strategic race.

I spent at least 15 laps in Knut slipstream, managing to save 2 laps of fuel I think, as well as my tyres. Refueling maths were perfect and I stopped 1.1 second less then him. Could have been a interesting fight untill the end of race buuuuuuut, nope. Power spinned leaving pitstall :ROFLMAO:

Altghough I trully hate Monza, I can't wait for the ultimate battle to come for Pro/Am championship. Who wants to give me slipstream? Pleeease.
Let's be gentlemen about this. You give me slipstream, then I give you nothin- I mean slipstream.

Reactions: Stephan

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Sort of got some pace towards ends of qualifying. Had some fun first few laps, with some good racing.

Had trouble keeping the Porsche on track (as I have on some trackes - god I hate those brakes). Went wide for a few turns, ended up right in the middle of a 3-car sandwich. Car in front braked a bit early and across my line (for defending, was fair enough) and I ended up rear-ending him (sorry for all involved). I quit after that, wasn't feeling it at all yesterday.

I haven't really done any practice/racing the last few weeks, which obviously doesn't help, but god I hate that Porsche and especially its brakes on some tracks.