S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 12 - C'MON! Za... I got nothing. (Suggestions Welcome) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 12 - C'MON! Za... I got nothing. (Suggestions Welcome)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

AOR iRacing GTE League - Season 4
Round 12: Autodromo Nazionale Monza.

It's the final race of Season 4! It's gone so fast!

Meanwhile, more importantly, we've got a broadcast interest thread for next season. It'd be great if you could reply to the poll. :)

Track limits notice. The track on the pit straight is defined by the white lines. Do not use the inside tarmac between the white line and the pit wall for overtaking in the race. At the start you may use it purely for the avoidance of other cars, it should not be used to gain places.

Monza.png

Information:
Date:
3rd December 2018

Time:
19:15 GMT - Practice 20 minutes
19:35 GMT - 20 minutes open qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race!

Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Layout: Grand Prix
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Absences: @Browneskiii @Charlie9000 @Zonerouge12 @Sisuvoima10 @Niclas Domino @Westyy

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Never raced here in iRacing!
Of course, I remember the chicane of certain death (that first one), where, on other games, cars up the road are frequently used to decelerate ones own vehicle, providing a kinetic additional brake entering the pinball-wizardry that's the following right-left combo.
Of course, this never happens on iRacing!
Still, with all those bad memories, I will probably not be sad to qualify in the far back again :)

Looking at the AM championship, gotta do some maths :geek:, and calculate drop weeks and bla and so on, basically, gotta look were Jake, Niclas and Sam finish in relation to me to achieve my goal of staying in the top 3. Too much math for now :unsure:

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Speaking of the championship, I think someone needs to have a look at the drop weeks. For me it doesn't matter as it's just dropping a DSQ, but I have 2 drop weeks but I also missed a race, so I should only have 1 drop week. Looking at the rest of the table, the drop weeks for these drivers don't seem to be correct:

P Reid
M Schepers
S Herrmann
D Karoni
S Chambers (who has none?)
A Bouche
S Kruse
C Dubreucq
B Warren
S Blackwood
N Domino
C Summers
K van Eijk
A Browne
B Willemsen
D Potter

There are also some others who don't race anymore. Having said that, looking through it, all of the races that have been dropped are DNF's so it doesn't change anything, apart from Stevie's who hasn't dropped a race yet, according to the table

@Marvin Like I say, none of the drop weeks given actually affect the points, apart from Stevie's, it's just a bit weird to see more drop weeks being given than should be. So this is just me being pedantic. I just happened to notice it yesterday because of my own extra drop race.

:D

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Speaking of the championship, I think someone needs to have a look at the drop weeks. For me it doesn't matter as it's just dropping a DSQ, but I have 2 drop weeks but I also missed a race, so I should only have 1 drop week. Looking at the rest of the table, the drop weeks for these drivers don't seem to be correct:

P Reid
M Schepers
S Herrmann
D Karoni
S Chambers (who has none?)
A Bouche
S Kruse
C Dubreucq
B Warren
S Blackwood
N Domino
C Summers
K van Eijk
A Browne
B Willemsen
D Potter

There are also some others who don't race anymore. Having said that, looking through it, all of the races that have been dropped are DNF's so it doesn't change anything, apart from Stevie's who hasn't dropped a race yet, according to the table

@Marvin Like I say, none of the drop weeks given actually affect the points, apart from Stevie's, it's just a bit weird to see more drop weeks being given than should be. So this is just me being pedantic. I just happened to notice it yesterday because of my own extra drop race.

:D
I agree that it's a bit pointless to mark drop weeks when they're not affecting the standings. Removed them and changed them back to either dnf or dsq.

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I agree that it's a bit pointless to mark drop weeks when they're not affecting the standings. Removed them and changed them back to either dnf or dsq.
It was more a case of the season only supposed to be having 2 drop weeks, but for me as I missed a race I only should have had one of those results showing as a drop week. As you rightly say though, there's no point marking a DNF or DSQ as a drop week. :)

Reactions: Marvin

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Like I say, none of the drop weeks given actually affect the points, apart from Stevie's, it's just a bit weird to see more drop weeks being given than should be.
If have you time and tools, could you guys provide classifications where only the 8 best results so far are counted for each driver. Just to have a better view on were everyone stands and who we should really fight against for the last race. Thanks :)

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
one of 2 things can happen here:
- i finish 2nd
- i don't finish at all

place your bets

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
GOOD NEWS GUYS!

PC is back up and running! Also managed to sort my RAM issues so my PC is running at full capacity again!

Also, I love Monza!

Maybe see some of you saturday evening for ELMS at Nurburg GP?!

Reactions: Stephan and Stevie

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
You wish I finish behind you @Stephan! The AM standings might be very tight come the end of the race, how will the winner be decided if points are even at the end, class wins?
Uh, i guess. which means: not me :p
if it comes to that, gotta confirm with @Stevie how it's calculated. haven't been in the situation yet :)
Drop weeks also need calculating, which means I'm losing more points, so I'm afraid you're ahead of me in any case. Gotta have an eye on Sam and Niclas!

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Hey guys, broadcasting for Season 5 has a donation drive now!

If you can spare anything, please do!

Click here to donate!

1. #7 - Niclas Domino @Niclas Domino - Denmark - Ferrari - Dragon Slayer Racing - A 4.99 / 1756 - Am
  2. #9 - Christoph Holstein @Ycoms - Swiss - Porsche - Comrade Gaming - A 3.07 / 3859 - Pro
  3. #13 - Phil Bedford @Phil Bedford - UK - Porsche - Team Buschfink Racing - A 2.51 / 2151 - Am
  4. #15 - Darren Potter @Richtofen - UK - Ferrari - Scuderia AORia - A 2.44 - Am
  5. #16 - Phil Reid @McPhilen - UK - Ferrari - Team AOR Blue - A 4.02 / 4050 - Pro
  6. #18 - Koen Van Eijk @Argon - Netherlands - Ferrari - Slotherines - D 3.36 / 1280 - Am*
  7. #20 - Knut Martinsen @FisiFan91 - Norway - Ferrari - Team AOR Yellow - A 4.99 / 3896 - Pro/Am
  8. #23 - Ben Warren @TBR Wheels - UK - Ferrari - Team Buschfink Racing - A 4.29 / 2912 - Pro/Am
  9. #25 - Jukka V Suominen @Jukks - Finland - Ferrari - Iridium Racing - A 4.99 / 2512 - Pro/Am
  10. #27 - Sam Blackwood @AOR Midg3t - UK - Ford - OCM Racing - A 2.57 / 1457 - Am
  11. #31 - Jason S Dyer @ramdrop - English - Porsche 911 RSR - RevolutionSimRacing - A4.48 - Pro
  12. #33 - Eneric Andre @Era - French - Ford GTE - Race Clutch - A2.44 6384 - Pro
  13. #37 - Dominik Gadermayr @N1kmido - Austria - Ferrari - TBA - A 4.22 / 2820 - Pro
  14. #43 - Andrew Browne2 @Browneskiii - UK - Ferrari - Wheelie Bad - B3.60 / 2350 - Am
  15. #54 Brad Westgarth @Westyy - British - Ferrari - VRT eRacing - C / 1893 - Pro/Am
  16. #66 - Merlin Cooper @Merlin Cooper - Austria - Porsche - A 2.77 / 1932 - Am*
  17. #74 - Sebastien Reithmuller @Reith - France - Ferrari - VEC - SIMRACING - A 4.31 / 2275 - Pro/Am
  18. #77 - Valtteri Alander @Sisuvoima10 - Finnish - Ferrari - Glacier Racing - A 2.76 / 4710 - Pro
  19. #82- Stephan Kamke @Stephan - Finland - Ferrari - Slotherines - A 4.99 / 1236 - Am
  20. #83 - Stevie Chambers @Stevie - UK - Ferrari - Scuderia AORia - A 2.22 / 2250 - Pro/Am
  21. #84 - Ebar Mariinsky @Dandy - Finland - Ford - Happy Cat Racing - B3.32 / 1952 - Am*
  22. #94 - Alexis Bouché @Meireloso - France - Porsche - Privateer - A 3.43 / 3041 - Pro
  23. #96 - Mike Schepers @mike66187 - Netherlands - Ford - A 4.03 /2384 - Pro
  24. #107 - Philippe Gaillard @Gibson - France - Porsche - VEC - SIMRACING - CYAN - A 4.69 / 2940 - Pro/Am
  25. #130 - Djawad Karoni @djawadkaroni - French - Ferrari 488 - Race Clutch - Pro
  26. #147 - Evan RT Imray @Erti147 - UK - Ferrari - Team AOR Yellow - A 4.76 / 4004 - Pro/Am
  27. #157 - Alexandre Godefroy @Bucefal - France - Ferrari - VEC - SIMRACING - A 2.46 / 3046 - Pro/Am
  28. #179 - Steffen Herrman @Steffen Herrmann - Germany - Porsche - SimRC - A 2.43 / 5500 - Pro
  29. #316 - Conner Pearson @Knor The Dragon - UK - Ford GT 2017 - OCM Racing - A 2.53 iR 1767 - Pro/Am*
  30. #350 - Charlie Summers @Charlie9000 - UK - Porsche - Team AOR Blue - A 4.97 / 5781 - Pro
  31. #488 - Jake Towns @Jake_Towns - UK - Ferrari - Wolfpack Nandos - A 3.28 / 1904 - Am
  32. #666 - Flavien Fouque @Zonerouge12 - France - Porsche - VEC - SIMRACING - CYAN - A 3.53 / 2425 - Pro/Am
  33. #724 - Chris Dubreucq @VEC_orks95 - France - 911 RSR - VEC-SIMRACING NOIR - Class A 3.08 3286 - Pro/Am
  34. #911 - Søren Kruse @Krusen - Denmark - Porsche - Privateer - A3.19 / 2337 - Pro

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@Bucefal - I forgot I hadn't taken any drop weeks. You now have a 22 point lead in the Pro/Am Championship.

Reactions: Bucefal

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
@Bucefal - I forgot I hadn't taken any drop weeks. You now have a 22 point lead in the Pro/Am Championship.
Actually I think it's closer than that. We have to drop 2 weeks. Knut and Juka already did by missing some races (meaning 0 points) so they show their real score at the moment. Sébastien, Philippe, you and I still have to drop one week. Assuming each one of us will score more points at Monza than in his second worst week, I prefer to see the actual standings as following:

- Me : 206
- @Jukks : 194
- @FisiFan91 : 190
- @Stevie : 184
- @Gibson : 177
- @Reith : 150

If my assumption appears to be wrong, well.... more maths to be done.
Also, bonus points for "almost" clean race only count for overall championship, right? If not, I miss one. ;)

• Surprised
Reactions: FisiFan91

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yep, the AM championship is done and dusted. But the positions behind are too close for comfort!