S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 12 - C'MON! Za... I got nothing. (Suggestions Welcome) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 12 - C'MON! Za... I got nothing. (Suggestions Welcome)

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
Something came up, can't make it tonight. Sorry for the late notice. Good luck everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
Sorry about the late notice, but wont make it tonight Im afraid.
Good luck to you all.

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@Richtofen Sorry man, I fucked up. I should have gone inside... Or lift a bit, but the car behind was really close as well.

Steffen Herrmann

Formula Karter
Sep 1, 2017
Uh, what a last race. Sorry @Ycoms for being an obstacle! Never lost the car there before. Also sorry @Jukks for the bump in L1T1 - that was the result of getting bumped in the rear myself. But we had a nice battle going on there afterwards...

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
Fairly uneventful race for me! Qualifying was so close and being about 6 tenths from my optimal laptime really cost me. Spent most of the race fuel saving and hoping for more death in front of me! I sat behind Evan and Chris battling for 9th but they both kept it on the island so I came home 11th. It's not bad but I was hoping to be top ten. But hey, I've managed two finishes in a row now, that's something. :D

See you all next season hopefully!

Reactions: Phil Bedford

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
hmmmm.... in a way another Daytona for me! pace just slightly off, but perfect drive, no mistakes, aside from 3 off tracks. that gives me an extra point for low incidents.
Finished lead lap as well, just like Daytona as the last car.

Let's see where that gets me in the AM cup... nailbiting stuff.

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
hmmmm.... in a way another Daytona for me! pace just slightly off, but perfect drive, no mistakes, aside from 3 off tracks. that gives me an extra point for low incidents.
Finished lead lap as well, just like Daytona as the last car.

Let's see where that gets me in the AM cup... nailbiting stuff.
still keeps you 3rd, by 10pts....

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
still keeps you 3rd, by 10pts....
I hope so! Will see when the results are updated! But happy to battle it out for season 5!

To everyone, thanks for an awesome season and looking forward to see all of you on track again! You guys are awesome :)

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Spent most of my race trying to get into @Jukks slipstream. Worked for some time but not enough to be a threat to him. Spent some time sniffing @Ycoms exhausts. And then, after some landscaping, @FisiFan91 came up in my radar which led us to a nice and fair battle for the last 7 laps or so. @N1kmido had another moment two laps to the checkers and that gave me the extra speed to keep Knut behind me. I think that's good news for me, right?

Reactions: N1kmido

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Spent most of my race trying to get into @Jukks slipstream. Worked for some time but not enough to be a threat to him. Spent some time sniffing @Ycoms exhausts. And then, after some landscaping, @FisiFan91 came up in my radar which led us to a nice and fair battle for the last 7 laps or so. @N1kmido had another moment two laps to the checkers and that gave me the extra speed to keep Knut behind me. I think that's good news for me, right?
Pro/Am champ mate. Very well done :)

• Happy
Reactions: Bucefal

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Oi, that was a cool way to end the season. Decided to go with the race fuel quali thingy, which ended being worse than I thought it would be, field was exceptionally close together today!

Was definitely difficult, especially right in the first few laps, to make up some quick positions since everyone was attacking everyone. Once it spread out a bit it got better and I picked up some pace. Wasn't anything special really, at some point I didn't think I'd get a Top 5 in the end even. But since Dominik copied Phil's strategy (well, almost) there was some battling to be set in the final couple of laps. Unfortunately it ended rather quickly as he spun in T1 after I nearly whiped in out in Parabolica before, scary times...Then Mister Knut had a spin which got me in range of Steffen, who imo probably drove as fast as I've last seen him do at Watkins Glen or Suzuka, just couldn't catch up at all until that point. After (again) I nearly hit him in the second chicane he had a moment in Lesmo 1. Sorry again for the hit, could have definitely avoided that a bit better. Afer that it was a lonely drive to P4.

Congrats to Djawad on another win this season and to Mike and Phil on the podium too! :)

Thanks to @Stevie and @Stephan for organising this league once again, we've gained quite a lot of competition this season which was really nice to see and the racing was probably as good and most of the time better than I've seen it in any league I've driven in! Not sure atm if I can do next season as I don't think I can commit to both the Friday and the Monday league with F1 on the side, but we'll see. Thanks everyone for the racing again and enjoy the new open wheelers tomorrow. HYPE! :p

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well, I'm happy with my pace and it was looking good for a top 5 finish after a good qualifying and then getting some slipstream help in the early part of the race. Eventually I dropped out of slipstream with a big lock-up at turn 1, and then @Steffen Herrmann started slowly reeling me in. I managed to just stay ahead after the pit-stops, and was ready for a 10-lap defensive masterclass to keep hold of 4th... but that didn't quite happen as I made a huge mistake at Ascari which dropped me all the way down to 9th. At least I then got to have a nice battle with @Bucefal for the rest of the race, which he just about won (damn @N1kmido slipstream :p).

Could've been a better result, but I enjoyed the race and I'm encouraged by my pace which for most of the races I did was better than expected. Just a shame I missed a lot of it due to my wheel breaking down - but at least it turned out alright as I got a better one now haha.

Those missed races were clearly costly for the championship though, but congrats to @Bucefal on the Pro/Am championship :) And only 3 points ahead of @Jukks, wow!

And ofc congrats @Ycoms on the main championship, and also @Phil Bedford on the Am class.

2nd in the team championship with @Erti147 is nice as well, even if we all lost to a one-man team lol.

Very much enjoyed racing this car again, so cheers for the season all and cya for the next one :)

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
Such a difficult race for me first stint was really difficult with @N1kmido (hope I got the tag correct lol) he was there all the time. When he pitted my pace increased quite a bit. Was catching djawad until our pits stop, where he somehow gained 5 secs in. I didn't over fuel the car so that was a surprise to me. After that it was cruising for me. So that's another 2nd place for my collection

Reactions: N1kmido

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
But since Dominik copied Phil's strategy (well, almost) there was some battling to be set in the final couple of laps. Unfortunately it ended rather quickly as he spun in T1 after I nearly whiped in out in Parabolica before, scary times...
That went horribly wrong, I suffered damage from T1 touching sidepods with Enar. Just ridiculous how such a minor contact can put you down 5-6 kph on the straight, unrealistic for GT cars imho. In clear air I lost a huge amount of time so I tried to repair it and maybe come out close to Phil, but would have been 35 seconds of a hold...

After that it was some serious bad driving from my side, was part of a few battles but luckily no big harm done apart from sabotaging my own race. One to forget really.

Thx go out to everyone for this season, it was great fun!

• Friendly
Reactions: Ycoms

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Those missed races were clearly costly for the championship though, but congrats to @Bucefal on the Pro/Am championship :) And only 3 points ahead of @Jukks, wow!
Thanks! I know this title is in great part due to your hardware troubles, otherwise you would have wipped us all. I thought I needed 3rd place in class in case of Jukka's win tonight. Maybe my maths were wrong. Glad I kept you behind ;)

Reactions: FisiFan91