S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 2 - The Road of The Americas. ROTA, if you will. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 2 - The Road of The Americas. ROTA, if you will.

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
This was a lot more close and competitive than I expected from previous seasons - very fun! I was within a few seconds of other cars the whole race and the last 5-10 laps were very close with @Erti147 and @WarroF1. My tires had seen better days and I got some oversteer letting @Erti147 by with a few laps to go, but I managed to get him back on the last lap. Very happy with my 5th place.

Around 6-7 laps in:
2018-09-25 07-57-08_0.png

With 2-3 laps to go:
2018-09-25 07-48-18_0.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BenOnWheels

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
And sorry to whoever I divebombed into turn 3. I think it was you Alexandre (@Bucefal) but can´t remember exactly anymore. I definitely didn´t mean to, just was a bit late on the brakes and I think you were a tad early so I basically just went to the inside to avoid crashing into you. :confused:
Can't remember it. Either it wasn't me or I didn't feel offensed ;)

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
My race was boring AF to be honest. Started well enough but lost the draft of the first pack, but had a gap on the second pack of about 15 seconds... then started to lose concentration... had a self spin which allowed @Browneskiii in to the lead of the AM cup, pitted while on his heels.... only to find that somehow he had gained 9 seconds on me in the pits next lap round! I totally couldnt understand how that had happened until I passed the pits again next lap to see him in there again....
Then just turned in to a solo hot lapping exercise managing the gaps for the last 30 mins or so. Ended up 12th, 1st AM.
I think Suzuka will be a different story...

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
Congrats to @Ycoms, I was giving it everything i had to keep up with you in the corners. My tires were completely gone halfway through. after my mistake I had no pace whatsoever i think a combination of bad tire management and maybe some floor damage ruined my pace. lucky to finish 2nd. the guys behind me were faster :).
two 2nd places in the first 2 races. new leader in the standings, can't complain!

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
My race was boring AF to be honest. Started well enough but lost the draft of the first pack, but had a gap on the second pack of about 15 seconds... then started to lose concentration... had a self spin which allowed @Browneskiii in to the lead of the AM cup, pitted while on his heels.... only to find that somehow he had gained 9 seconds on me in the pits next lap round! I totally couldnt understand how that had happened until I passed the pits again next lap to see him in there again....
Then just turned in to a solo hot lapping exercise managing the gaps for the last 30 mins or so. Ended up 12th, 1st AM.
I think Suzuka will be a different story...
Was very surprised to see the gap go to 10 seconds as well. I assumed you took tyres? I didn't do anything special in my stop, just forgot there was a yellow line which cost me the win. :p

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
This was a lot more close and competitive than I expected from previous seasons - very fun! I was within a few seconds of other cars the whole race and the last 5-10 laps were very close with @Erti147 and @WarroF1. My tires had seen better days and I got some oversteer letting @Erti147 by with a few laps to go, but I managed to get him back on the last lap. Very happy with my 5th place.

Around 6-7 laps in:
View attachment 62984

With 2-3 laps to go:
View attachment 62983
aye gid race mate - in hindsight should of defended into T1, but oh well. Shouldn't have put myself there to begin with after doing 1.5 spins at T3. Coulda ended up 3rd after all the DSQ's and Dom running out of fuel haha

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
Very good race for me and very excited to score my first podium in the series (which was definitely the result of my superior driving and not because so many people dropped out). Really good racing all the way from start to finish, first few laps I was able to keep @Erti147 behind me but eventually he got past. After that @Gibson managed to catch up to me and we had a good battle into turns 1 and 2. He made a mistake later the same lap and I was able to catch a breath until I had @WarroF1 on my bumper. Ben got past me when Evan who was in front of us spun at turn 3 and I went to the outside to avoid him (overtaking under yellow flag, where's Jackie when you need him :rolleyes:). I got back in front during the pit stops and Ben was caught in a battle so I managed to pull away securing third place when one of the guys in front got disqualified and other ran out of fuel.

Overall very satisfied with the result, now leading the Pro-Am class and looking forward to Suzuka.

also @Stevie is there a rule for overtaking under yellow flags or gaining a position due to avoiding an incident?
Iracing (1 of 2).jpg

Iracing (2 of 2).jpg

Iracing (1 of 1).jpg

Reactions: Erti147