S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Tsukuba? No, unfortunately it's Suzuka. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Tsukuba? No, unfortunately it's Suzuka.

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Not a great race, but also not bad for my first. Made quite a few mistakes, which cost me a lot of time in the end sadly. Did want to apologize to @Jake_Towns for tapping is rear at the start (not a big contact on my screen, but resulted in a 4x?). Like @Stephan said there was a lot of checking up and sudden braking towards the end of the field before the green light. Something to keep in mind for next week.

Harley Hamnett

Junior Karter
Sep 9, 2018
Pretty useless quali, only got 1 lap i think as I kept turning it around at 130R with low fuel omegalul. P9?

Had some fun this time round, stuck behind Phil for most of the first stint, so i decided to pit 2 laps earlier and put fresh rubber on. I'm still not sure if the fresh tyres thing works, but I like doing it, so eh :unsure: The gap after Phils stop was 7secs as he didn't take tyres I guess, and i was catching quite fast lappin in the mid/high 55's. Took him at the chicane after he kind of conceded I guess...and then a lap later he disconnected, race report says DQ :(

Finally a good result with P3, win wasn't on the cards, and I don't think P2 was possible even without taking tyres, gap was 9secs at the end.

My fastest lap - 1.55.780

Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Eventful race! Started far from ideal as I didn't get home until midway through qualifying, then I started having connection problems and had to rejoin the session and only had time for one flying lap, which luckily was good enough for 11th! Was looking even tougher after I dropped it while trying to fight with ma teammate @Erti147 into turn 1... dropped to like 17th place and had a superbly skillful battle with @Stevie for a few laps. Gradually started feeling more comfortable as the race went on and gained a lot of positions from there, some on track and some from other people's misfortune - most notably passing @Bucefal for the lead in Pro-Am and covering him off in the pit-stop. Managed to do a good in- and out-lap and with that also jumped @Meireloso who pitted soon after! He kept pressure on for the rest of the race which made me a bit uncomfortable as I was only a few incident points away from what would've been my first ever DSQ, but luckily I kept my head cool and brought it home in P5!

In the Formula Renault league I apparently never managed to get a 2nd tier win in god knows how many attempts, so that was nice :p

Good race and cya next week!

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Unfortunately haven't found the pace yet in the car that I did in Season 1 & 2 - most of that down to not enough practice on the full tank of fuel - been taking it for granted the Ferrari would feel the same with double the amount of fuel. Gonna need to put the time in

Despite that the past couple races I've done OK, picking up some points. Tonight I felt I was doing alright in the first stint, but kept locking up into hairpin and having to go full lock which I never need to do usually. I was defending well, holding up a train.....lol
Second stint the tyres were just really bad and it actually was a boat I was driving in the last half hour there, just decided to let ma teammate past cos there was no point that time. The first time when I defended, I felt like I had the pace, but nah not with the boat.

Onto ma fav Ratlanta next week hopefully I'll unlock some of that pace I've been looking for :)

djawadkaroni

AOR iRacing GTE Season 7 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
fun race big mistake for me outside the 130R mid race quit big damaged spending like 1min30s to fix the car, recover to p11, clean race with others was cool =)

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
Qualified surprisingly well, unfortunately got damage early on and ended up spinning after catching a bit of grass on the outside of the exit of the esses and ended up pretty much dead last. Decided to pit early but that meant I was running on my own for the entire race and kind of lost focus towards the end of the race. Finished P19 in front of @Stephan . Not ideal but there's always next week.

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
Right, so how the fudge do I find the official results on the iRacing website? How hard can it be?

Found it. :)

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
I both like and hate this track. I had trouble getting my braking right all evening.

I started 8th but locked up at the end of lap 1, cutting the tracking and getting a 1.4 second slow down, putting me back down around 18th. Then a couple laps later I spun and got a little damage. Had a few more spins throughout the race.

With 13 minutes to go I was at 19/20 incidents so that was some fun last 6-7 laps or so...

Ended up in 14th which probably wasn't so bad in the end.

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Reactions: Phil Bedford

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
It could be a bit easier/more intuitive, but you go to the league page and click on the season, then there is list of the races with a link to the results for each race.

Here's the direct link to the results for this race: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=24605130&custid=187372
And here is what really matters, our season standings, taking tiers into account :)
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-iracing-gte-league-season-4-results-and-standings.45325/

Reactions: Krusen

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
Not a great race, but also not bad for my first. Made quite a few mistakes, which cost me a lot of time in the end sadly. Did want to apologize to @Jake_Towns for tapping is rear at the start (not a big contact on my screen, but resulted in a 4x?). Like @Stephan said there was a lot of checking up and sudden braking towards the end of the field before the green light. Something to keep in mind for next week.
No worries @Argon apology accepted (y)
Track temp was considered cold compared to how the official lobbies had been. Had a good gaggle of Am Class cars in the first few laps until i dropped into T1 and from then it became a very lonely race.

Happy to take another Am podium but @Phil Bedford dominating and @Niclas Domino catching up I really need to find some pace...

If anyone is free over the weekend i'll be steaming both Petit Le Mans and Daytona ELMS Saturday and Sunday. Bet on my finishing position and you could potentially win $10 of iRacing credit for free!:eek:

Reactions: Stephan

Martinb

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2018
Well I took it steady at the start basically just following @Rolf Just for the first couple of laps. I noticed where he seemed to struggle a bit & eventually overtook him.

Then I slowly started to pull away from him lap by lap, got upto around 17.5 secs. Made far to many off tracks though especially at the corner before the bridge.

Eventually a faster car caught me and there was contact between us at the corner after the bridge. I could do with someone looking at it as I forgot to save the replay, was my lap 21 and I can't remember who it was. I felt he barged his way through instead of waiting for the next straight.

Anyway eventually I had a big off which left me with 22 min of repairs with 18 min of the race left so I quit out.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Quite the perfect race for me again yesterday. Was surprised to be so close on pace in the quali session and actually preferred 3rd over 2nd as I'm terrible at reacting to cars side by side with me since ya know, single screen etc., so the chances to get P2 after the first corners were probably higher that way, which worked out quite nicely. Wasn't surprised to see @djawadkaroni pulling away. Gap seemed to stabilise a tiny bit from L15 onwards, but wasn't in any position to make up time again. Shame that he made that mistake in 130R, was curious what would have happened to the gap later on.

After that I was able to pull away more and more as the race progressed as this seems to be the trend really. Sooo very happy with the win. :)

Would urge @Jake_Towns to read the rules on blue flags again please.