S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 5 - Le Belle Isle. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 5 - Le Belle Isle.

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
Im totally gonna get my ass handed to me in this one.... probably by a concrete wall! Bought the track Friday, and due to DGFX on Saturday Ive had maybe 30 minutes practice.... 1:27's at a stretch... :(
See you later boys and girl. :)

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
No worries on pace. I think this is similar to Bathurst or the Nordschleife - it's not about pace but all about avoiding trouble and lapping with no mistakes.
I expect a larger than usual number of DNFs and DSQs, I just really hope I can avoid any wall and car contact.

@Niclas Domino @N1kmido noticed you yesterday in the same practice session. Did you do the race in the afternoon? If yes, guess you were top split :)
How did it go?

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am 50/50 on making tonight - work we are starting to head into our busy season. Ill try and update you when I get on the train home!

If I can make it I will but if I can't I'm sorry and see you next week!

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
@Niclas Domino @N1kmido noticed you yesterday in the same practice session. Did you do the race in the afternoon? If yes, guess you were top split :)
How did it go?
Yeah it went pretty well. It was a 4-way fight at the front for the first half of the race but 2 people dropped it at some point eventually . So I finished P2 by just not hitting anything.

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yeah it went pretty well. It was a 4-way fight at the front for the first half of the race but 2 people dropped it at some point eventually . So I finished P2 by just not hitting anything.
Nice! Finished P4 in my split also by just not crashing (after that lap 2 pile up that wasn’t my fault)

Reactions: N1kmido

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I will be there today. Did my first ever laps of this track yesterday morning and I quite like it. I'm not quick though, but I love street tracks.

Hopefully more DNFs than usual so I can catch up in my championship hunt :p

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
@Stephan I seem to remember seeing mention of a broadcast for the on-going races, or did I imagine it? If so, do we need to submit paints for a skin pack or are the broadcasters using TP? :confused:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@Stephan I seem to remember seeing mention of a broadcast for the on-going races, or did I imagine it? If so, do we need to submit paints for a skin pack or are the broadcasters using TP? :confused:
The current skin pack will be used. @Niclas Domino managed to fix a lot of paints, even from those who didn't send it.

We're still in trial phase of the broadcast though anyway.

hi guys, here tonight i'll be streaming btw twitch.tv/rc_dkz see you soon =)
Make sure you pick the right car! :p

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I hope you all enjoy crashing...I mean racing, on the streets of the French track.

And I also want to take a minute to consider the 2-3 people who will be murdered in Detroit during the length of the race.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Will be slightly late most likely. Just having some food and I'll be there. Maybe in time for qualifying.