S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 6 - O CANADAAA. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 6 - O CANADAAA.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

AOR iRacing GTE League - Season 4
Round 6: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

From one street track, which was more of a car park, or a dockside area (which could also be used in the next DiRT game if they have a mess around level) to another street track! It's Canada, the only real Canadian track, the rest aren't as good. Interesting they call this, and Detroit street tracks. I haven't driven over any painted white lines to separate the lanes. I have seen no "HEY IT'S A 30MPH ZONE HERE!" signs. The only slightly believable thing is the kerbs, which are basically road works.

Anyway, from the tight and twisty Detroit, to the fast and Monza wannabe. With no confidence, I say overtaking will be easier here. We have to use the old map because of

Canada.png

Information:
Date:
22nd of October 2018

Time:
19:15 BST - Practice 20 minutes
19:35 BST - 20 minutes open qualifying
19:57 BST - Race 1h 20 minutes

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race! Or you just not miss the race and instead you could race.

Track: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Layout: ---
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Absences:
@Knor The Dragon
@FisiFan91
@Niclas Domino
@Sisuvoima10
@Bucefal
@Charlie9000

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Ah, Canada... the land of questionable music (think Celine Dion, Justin Bieber), cheap US TV productions, a homoerotic forest industry and the motherland of apologies.

Eh, I’m sorry Canada!

Never driven here before. Looking forward to meeting new walls and finding great apologies for my poor result.

Reactions: AOR Midg3t

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
been around this circuit irl, just a month after the real GP!

i have inside knowledge >.>

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
fun fact, the hairpin is only allowed to be used by cyclists, so looks like were all gonna have to get off a kubica kurve and get on some bikes

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Ah, Canada... the land of questionable music (think Celine Dion, Justin Bieber), cheap US TV productions, a homoerotic forest industry and the motherland of apologies.

Eh, I’m sorry Canada!

Never driven here before. Looking forward to meeting new walls and finding great apologies for my poor result.
"Questionable music" and you have put Celine Dion in brackets. You have officially died for me!

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
I'm gonna forget the last 5 rounds happened and get my game on for this one. By far my favourite and best track.

Reactions: Stevie

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Someone tell me what pace is here?
pace is irrelevant and comes 2nd to keeping it out of the barriers

but if youre desperate, last night i was able to pull off a high 33 in quali and a low to mid 34s race pace

Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
pace is irrelevant and comes 2nd to keeping it out of the barriers

but if youre desperate, last night i was able to pull off a high 33 in quali and a low to mid 34s race pace
Pace here is a bit more important. I think it's going to be a little different to Detroit where just being on track in front of someone was enough to keep them behind.

Good to know though, cheers

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I remember I got 5th place here on my Ericsson Championship Season on F1 2015(first F1 game,first champ,had it for only a week or so at that point, not much playing time)despite a 10s penalty,.

Other than that I don't have many, if any, SimRacing memories from here.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Man I think this could be my weakest track this season. I just can't get into the rhythm here at all.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
That was weird. practice session with half tank. did a 1:32.847, but mostly 33s. track was a tad cooler tho.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Update, did a fun public race, @BaBaBoye happened to be in it too.
Track temp of 37C made it the hottest ice rink in Canada.
low 35 in Q, pole was a 34.0
Started P10 with the #7 car and finished 3rd, my first podium of the season! Race pace was mid 35s to low 36s

Last edited:

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Unfortunately I have to skip this race. It might be that I'm not able race in the remaining races as the AOR ACL S6 begins in November but I'll let you know when I have more information.

• Informative