S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 6 - O CANADAAA. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 6 - O CANADAAA.

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Unfortunately I have to skip this race. It might be that I'm not able race in the remaining races as the AOR ACL S6 begins in November but I'll let you know when I have more information.
Absence noted.
Keep in mind, that, when signing up, you committed to do a full season. Pulling out half way through because you want to drive something else is not a nice move.

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Absence noted.
Keep in mind, that, when signing up, you committed to do a full season. Pulling out half way through because you want to drive something else is not a nice move.
Never thought I would get full season spot. And i was going to do the acl s6 in any case and I had decided that long before I singed up to this league. I just wanted to do few warm up races before 2019S1 season in this league to know how people are racing. Shame if you feel that I have broken my promise.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Hi, bad news came up tonight so I can't be here tomorrow. Sorry.

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I hate this track, as does the Porsche. I see bad things in my future :(
It's a weird track, I give you that.
Especially turn 1 and 2 are "special".
Hope we have a cool track, otherwise, it's a bit slippery-slidy.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Never thought I would get full season spot. And i was going to do the acl s6 in any case and I had decided that long before I singed up to this league. I just wanted to do few warm up races before 2019S1 season in this league to know how people are racing. Shame if you feel that I have broken my promise.
Sorry, I forgot to reply earlier.
We all decide where we spend our freetime best, and we race where we want to. So, I'm not going to hold you back or force you to compete here, when your heart and mind is elsewhere.
I personally feel, it's not a good move, and not fair towards the rest of the field, who are hoping for a full grid every week.

You didn't mention in your sign up that you want to pull out at some point during the season, so we worked off the assumption that you intend to race the entire season, like everyone else who signed up.

Let's move forward, hope to see you on track :) (usually a few times, first at the start, disappearing into the distance and then once or twice in the race lapping me, but nonetheless, see you on track!) :)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Man I think this could be my weakest track this season. I just can't get into the rhythm here at all.
I'm ok now. Just won the official race lol. Pace is steady, but comfortable I think. I will probably qualify better than I will race. I know where I can gain time, but I can't reliably do it in the race, so it'll be Banzai for qualifying, and Steady Eddie for the race.

Especially considering I started second, the leader spun off after a couple of laps at Turn 10 (according to our map). Him spinning meant I had to slow so P3 got passed me. So I was still P2. Then, P1 who was P3 spun at the wall of losers chicane on the same lap I'd lost 2 seconds because of very harsh slow-down penalty at T3.

Reactions: Stephan

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I'm ok now. Just won the official race lol. Pace is steady, but comfortable I think. I will probably qualify better than I will race. I know where I can gain time, but I can't reliably do it in the race, so it'll be Banzai for qualifying, and Steady Eddie for the race.

Especially considering I started second, the leader spun off after a couple of laps at Turn 10 (according to our map). Him spinning meant I had to slow so P3 got passed me. So I was still P2. Then, P1 who was P3 spun at the wall of losers chicane on the same lap I'd lost 2 seconds because of very harsh slow-down penalty at T3.
I have a model Steady Eddie truck somewhere...not the best aero efficiency, you might be a bit far off the pace.

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
Qualified 6th, was running 4th and my internet goes. I really put some practice time in today and it paid off in quali and was paying off in the race. But alas. I hate BT.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yay, put it into the wall and killed my steering after pitting ... waiting for repairs

Reactions: Dandy

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Petition to change my name to Valterri Bottas after all the **** luck I'm having.

Had really good pace here but couldnt nail the lap in quali so I was out of position at the start and I ended up getting caught in whatever happened at the hairpin on lap 1. Never saw the cars piling up in the middle of the road until I hit them, gained about 8x from all the touches involved. After that it was just constant front locking and snap oversteer that led to me spinning several times and eventually getting DSQ'd.

Honestly had the pace here for a good result.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Totally messed that one up.
Bad start, as usual.
Then, managed to hold up a group of 3 PRO and PRO/AM drivers for a while, until my nerves made me miss the 2nd part of the chicane ahead of the hairpin.

Then, minded my own business until Soren put the heat on. Pitted when pit window opened to get out of traffic. Soren did the same, making my mirrors Porsche-yellow-lime-ish. I decided to get him out of my mirror by planting my Rarri in the wall in the first chicane.
Broke steering. Got a tow.
3min towing, 11min repairing and the pit crew thought, let's F* him over properly and put tires on after repairs. Yay!
Came out 21st, just behind my team mate. Sloths are pack animals!
Then, with my wheel firmly pointing right, I was really good at right turns and really not so great at left turns.
Lots of blue flags. Still manged to beat my team mate and, thanks to others having similar bad luck, climbed to P17.

Next race please.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Q: I don't think I could've got much more out of it. Annoying to be 0.010 off P10 but as good as it was going to get.

The start was clean, and honestly, after that not much happened. I lost the top 7, but pulled a gap from Sam and those behind.

It was a relatively boring drive for me. But I'm glad to come out with another top ten overall finish, and get another P2 in the Pro/Am championship. I can't properly express how much I'm enjoying driving this car and series at the minute. This car is by far my favourite on iRacing and we're going to some really great tracks this season. Spa, Interlagos and Imola all coming up.

Man I love this series, even the boring races are fun.