S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 8 - Brazil! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S4: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 8 - Brazil!

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@Merlin Cooper

To those who haven't raced in AOR iRacing leagues before:

The session will not be in the hosted area. You will need to go to League sessions, and it should be there at 19:00 UK time.

View attachment 60271

Be careful which car you choose. If you register with the wrong car then you will not be able to compete. We will not restart the session for you because it costs money.

Some drivers will be in the AOR Discord channel during the race to chat. But how much they talk isn't regulated, so it's up to you if you want to join. I request you keep the in-session voice chat open. If I have any announcements to make, that is where I will make them.

Keep the in-session text/voice chat to a minimum. Have you 'glhf's before the race sure. But don't be having a full on conversation or ranting at someone. Some drivers are trying to concentrate. Be considerate.

On top of all that, HAVE FUN!

Reactions: Merlin Cooper

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hmmmm.... @Merlin Cooper you were in the same practice, but that was just some random IMSA. the league session started 7:15, and you have to join it from the leagues tab.

@Stevie just reviewed my part of the lap 1 incident, apologies for the contact, also to @Niclas Domino . I made a bad call of rejoining the track into space, but there was still carnage in the middle of the track, and I got collected and then collected you who got collected off track and pushed into me.
Could have avoided some damage by staying off track - bad call from me and apologies for that.

Pitted, 3-4min repair time, did lonely laps then. Pitted later for fuel and tires and was following the 3 way AM tier battle between Jake, Phil and Andrew. While I was half a second faster, I made no attempt to get past, as you were battling for positions.
Was a great fight to watch! Wish I wouldn't have been those laps down, would have loved to make it a 4 way battle :)

Reactions: Dandy

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
Didn't have enough ice-cream for the whole race to keep cool. Was struggling to keep the cars backend on the blackstuff . Had a lot of fun battling Evan much whole race for p6. Last 10 laps was real pain with tyres around 60%.

BaBaBoye

Formula Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Well that was unexpecticly harsh tempratures to say the least....

Raced well enough to get to the finish with Jenson Button's Wet Dream (understeer in half the corners).

ggnext.

Reactions: Dandy

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Decent result after getting clobbered at T4. Had some nice fighting to get back through the field, but this wrecked my tyres more than usual. Overall a good race as I'd have only finished about 2 positions further up without the contact.

Highlight of the race was pushing @Browneskiii to the line after he ran out of fuel.

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
My view of T4 carnage, the pits and later that great AM battle in front of me

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Unfortunately there was some small contact between Soren and I as I let him past, race over. :( Just a small incident and my own fault being on 19x in the first place.
Yea, I'm very sorry about that, minor misjudgment on my part, driftet a bit too much to the right :oops:.

Besides that I actually had a blast. We were around 5 cars battling for P9 (or P10) for quite a while, with @McPhilen slowly but steady getting past us all. Then he and the other guy in front pulled a gap to the 3 of us at the back. I was trying to conserve my tyres a bit and it seemed to work. After some time I got past the other two guys and pulled a gap.

After the pit stop, for the last 10 or so laps I was closing the gap to @McPhilen by almost 0.5s each lap - 2 more laps and I might have had him ;)

Last edited:

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
Not a problem! I kinda moved left as well for some reason, just unfortunate and my fault for being on 19x in the first place! :D

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Pretty boring race for the first hour. Literally coasting like 50% of it so I could make it to the end without stopping.
I knew it would be roughly 51 or 52 laps, depending on whether we got lapped or not, so my plan was to stay in Slipstream and not battle anyone, just let them through if they wanted to make an attack.
Once I lost slipstream though, I lost a lot of time, and honestly I thought the pit stops would have been around 40 seconds instead of 25.
Jake pitted and then made a mistake a few laps later to effectively give me the lead of the amateur race, I noticed Valtteri was catching at about 2 seconds a lap and had 2X the amount of time left to catch us, so it would be tight, he already lapped p4 in amateur so my plan was to slow down Jake and Phil so we could be lapped and I could finish without having to save any more fuel so I could battle and potentially win.
Some really fun fights happened between the three of us, but annoyingly Valtteri wasn't catching fast enough, and come the end of the race he was a couple of seconds behind us, on the final lap I tried just for pride to overtake Jake again but his defense was too good on the day, and I ran out of fuel half way through lap 52, meaning Phil and Knut would have to push me across the line to actually finish the race, which I found hilarious.

Podium finish in class isn't too bad considering just how little grip I had, every corner felt like I was dying, no grip or confidence in the car whatsoever

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Pretty boring race for the first hour. Literally coasting like 50% of it so I could make it to the end without stopping.
I knew it would be roughly 51 or 52 laps, depending on whether we got lapped or not, so my plan was to stay in Slipstream and not battle anyone, just let them through if they wanted to make an attack.
Once I lost slipstream though, I lost a lot of time, and honestly I thought the pit stops would have been around 40 seconds instead of 25.
Jake pitted and then made a mistake a few laps later to effectively give me the lead of the amateur race, I noticed Valtteri was catching at about 2 seconds a lap and had 2X the amount of time left to catch us, so it would be tight, he already lapped p4 in amateur so my plan was to slow down Jake and Phil so we could be lapped and I could finish without having to save any more fuel so I could battle and potentially win.
Some really fun fights happened between the three of us, but annoyingly Valtteri wasn't catching fast enough, and come the end of the race he was a couple of seconds behind us, on the final lap I tried just for pride to overtake Jake again but his defense was too good on the day, and I ran out of fuel half way through lap 52, meaning Phil and Knut would have to push me across the line to actually finish the race, which I found hilarious.

Podium finish in class isn't too bad considering just how little grip I had, every corner felt like I was dying, no grip or confidence in the car whatsoever
your fuel saving explains why I was almost rear ending you 5 times into turn 4 or turn 1 :p
twice I thought you wanted to let me pass. took me a while to figure out you were fuel saving.

Was real fun watching that battle unfold in the final laps!

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Probably the second best race I drove after Road America this season. Pace was very good, consistency kind off ridiculous looking back at it (25 laps within 3 tenths for example). The hottest of all hot conditions definitely helped me and the car too, I think otherwise I'd have been on lost course against @djawadkaroni in the last 20 laps. @Sisuvoima10 was just that one tenth too quick per lap to have any chance, well managed race by him! :)

Reactions: Sisuvoima10

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
Had some great battles throughout the race, sorry to the Pro/Am guys that you had to stare at the back of my Ferrari for so long but i thoroughly enjoyed that one!

I didn't change tyres and they just switched off after the pit stop, had a great battle with @Browneskiii & @Phil Bedford and Phil only got past after a nudge at T2 put me in a slide and I wasn't able to catch back up (The elbows are out now Mr. Bedford)

Gutted I wasn't able to hold onto the Am win but overall a good race!

Reactions: Stephan