Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

AOR iRacing GTE League - Season 4
Round 9:
Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari

Well, I like this track. That is all.

Except it isn't. This is our first of two adventures into Italiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's actual fact that as it's our unofficial home race, Scuderia AORia are required to finish 1-2 overall. Those who finish ahead of us will be penalised and we'll be put ahead. So you might as well just stay behind us.

This is also our first morning race this season. Set those alarm clocks.

Information:
Date:
12th of November 2018

Time:
19:15 GMT - Practice 20 minutes
19:35 GMT - 20 minutes open qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race!

Track: Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari
Layout: Grand Prix
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Absences: @Phil Bedford @Jake_Towns @Charlie9000

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
My first ever AOR iRacing race was here. As a guest driver. Was on Pole. Thanks to reverse grid. Remember @King-kodiak being shocked when I fell through the grid. Never felt more relieved then after seeing all the faster guys (everyone) go past. I was even slower then. Gotta find that stream! Was that Season 1?!

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
The only thing I can remember from this track is doing donuts in the gravel in the penultimate corner in the Formula Renault for 2 minutes. Was fun, the track was full of gravel after that, @UrBaNz Octane x loved it.

King-kodiak

Loud, Round & Proud
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Do remember I have had next to nothing to do with the iRacing side, so I don't know the normal pecking order

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Do remember I have had next to nothing to do with the iRacing side, so I don't know the normal pecking order
No worries. generally, anyone with a PRO tag fighting for a win, anyone with AM tag having awesome mid-field battles, me being a mobile chicane, and @Stevie being AORs equivalent to a Chihuahua - making a lot of noise, but being ultimately harmless.

Reactions: Era and Stevie

Knor The Dragon

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Hopefully racing this week and not falling asleep because of Uni nonsense.

Can't wait for me and @AOR Midg3t to bully each other into the wall at T5 #BestTeammates

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Fingers crossed we don't get that horrible +1000 degrees celsius track temps again. My Ferrrrrrari doesn't like that. But on the other hand, Imola is an awesome track and I really don't care what kind of track temps we get. I'm expecting some close fights once again!

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I’m scared of lap 1. Especially the first sector seems to attract trouble. And the chicane. In most officials races someone always decides its good for 2 or 3 wide and then yells at the car they’ve just totaled :(

BenOnWheels

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 20, 2018
I've never been that quick at Imola but I do enjoy the track. I just want to make sure I avoid picking up silly off-tracks and get a solid finish on the board. Way too many DNFs. Some out of my control but last week I had no excuse!

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Would've loved to race at Sonoma tbh. I haven't even bought it yet on iRacing but this track is so much underrated.

Imola is still nice too though :)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I really enjoy Imola! Luckily track temps seem a little below the Brazilian volcano heat.

Did a 40.1 with 60ish liters on a 27C track and a 41.3 at 33C track temp but I know I can be faster at 33C.

If the track temp is 27, my race pace can be as good as mid 1:40s. But i suspect the front runners doing low 38s at that temp.

How’s everyone else getting along?

• Scared
Reactions: mike66187

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Would've loved to race at Sonoma tbh. I haven't even bought it yet on iRacing but this track is so much underrated.

Imola is still nice too though :)
I randomly jumped into the IMSA race at Sonoma on Friday, and it was a lot of fun driving the track in these cars. First time I'd done it and I had a blast. Mind you I wasn't 100% taking it super serious as I was just there for the participation credits, but I actually had good pace pretty quickly. Certainly suits these cars well compared to open wheeled cars with those kerbs.

• Agree
Reactions: N1kmido

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Just did an official race, and surprise: @mike66187 and @BaBaBoye were in the same split. It was a GTE only split with 28C track temp. Mike was the #1 car, I was in #27 and Boy was #34.
Did a personal best ever 1:39.8 in Qualifying, putting me way up in P15. Mike obviously took pole.
Mike did a boring start to finish win, being considerably faster than the rest of the field.
Due to some early carnage, I somehow got into P8, but the cars behind were faster.
Decided to pit early, to avoid contact and too heavy defending.
Sadly, shortly after the pit stop, the typical mid-race Ferrari understeer set in and I put it in the gravel twice over the next few laps.
Ultimately, managed to climb back into P15, which is a great result considering I was car #27.
Race pace was around the 41s, mike was comfortably lapping 38s and 39s.

aliens.jpg

Edit: here is that race.

Last edited:

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
Not sure if I will make it or not... daughter had been taken in to hospital on Friday, but should be out tomorrow...
If I say now I'm not racing but show up is that ok? Or vice versa?

Reactions: King-kodiak

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Not sure if I will make it or not... daughter had been taken in to hospital on Friday, but should be out tomorrow...
If I say now I'm not racing but show up is that ok? Or vice versa?
No worries. Daughter in hospital clearly has priority. Hope she is well!

I mark you down as possibly absent. Would be awesome if you can still confirm before the race but understand it’s not your top priority now