S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Silverstone | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Silverstone

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@Stevie is the 72h priority still a thing? I mean do new commers have to wait 72h before they can even make an enquiry for registration or it's openning tonight for everyone and in 72h if drivers from season 5 don't show up they lose their spot?
The second one. We'll open it for everyone, but we'll start adding priority drivers officially first. New drivers should still sign up so they get in order. But they won't be added until either all the priority drivers have signed up or 72 hours has passed.

• Surprised
Reactions: Bucefal and Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@Stevie is the 72h priority still a thing? I mean do new commers have to wait 72h before they can even make an enquiry for registration or it's openning tonight for everyone and in 72h if drivers from season 5 don't show up they lose their spot?
Anyone will be able to register but we process/sign up the returning drivers first, then new drivers in those 72h. After that it’s first come first serve

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
The second one. We'll open it for everyone, but we'll start adding priority drivers officially first. New drivers should still sign up so they get in order. But they won't be added until either all the priority drivers have signed up or 72 hours has passed.
Damn, I told my other teamates it would open in 3 days :cry:

Tjor

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2018
@Stevie double apology on my part: first for the no show last week due to illness (flu), today because I got called back to work 15 minutes ago. It's impossible to get back in time for the race...

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Izzizo

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 17, 2018
for some reason, I do not have the Silverstone track.

so will miss out on this last race. have fun out there

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
what a race! off pace, not very consistent. Stuck early in a 3-4 car battle, pitted early into clean air. didn't give me too much of an advantage, but kept the car clean.
Was a bit generous in traffic then and had a hell of a fight for the final laps. sadly bit of contact in the end but overall secured my 3rd place in the AM championship.

I need a shower now.

Hell of a season. See you in S6!

Reactions: VSR Davidben

Justin || Taz

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
Probably my best race of the season even with where i finished. Very little practice was had as i didnt expect to race, a few last minute setup tweaks before getting into the race and i was actually able to keep within a few seconds of the tail end of the pack. Did so for about a third of the race and then just started dropping and making more and more mistakes. Hopefully next season i will be that bit more competitive but who knows.

Wanna say thanks to @Stevie and @King-kodiak for the amazing streams, always fun to watch back and hopefully next season i will get in the pack some more to get some screen time ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: Stevie

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I spun and lost 9secs... finished 8sec behind Pro/AM lead :(

For the middle of the season I was doing really well, but some mistakes and some misfortune kinda ruined all of that. Let's hope next season is better <:

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Also apologies to some lapping traffic. I could have done better and noticed after the race that my in game voice button didn't work, which sucks when you actually talk and announce my intentions

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
I don’t know what happened to my pace, qualifying I was flying along, in the race I was abysmal. That coupled with three half spins put me in a world of pain.

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Qualified in a reasonable position but lap 5ish @Reith cleaned me out after he'd run wide coming out of the last corner so had to pit, car was screwed and i sustained engine damage which subsequently resulted in a blow out 5laps from the end....4th blow out this season...meh!

Last edited:

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Well, definitly not the way I wanted to end this season. Lost everyone on track for 5 sceonds after bridge corner during formation lap. First time it happened to me in over a year so I didn't know how to react. Teamates told me I made contact with @FisiFan91 (sorry for that, really) so I pulled over and got disconnected right away.

Wasn't sure to come back on track as Pro/Am championship was already mine but hey, last race of the season, you need to show respect to the league. Plus I would have been gutted to get my first DNF of the season.

Overall, happy about my season obviously, even if I had some downs. It's a bit weird though as I think except round1 at Imola with Knut, I never fought directly with my championship opponents on track. When @Rin Hato and @jeremyh#82 were up, I was down and vice-versa. Hopefully we will all be more consistent to provide more fights and with the dreadfull return of drop weeks I fear @FisiFan91 more than ever as he always show great pace.

More then happy to be back for next season. I know very well some of the new faces we shall see, so I know it will be almost impossible to get 3 tiltes in a row. I also most likely will be part of a VEC entry in the endurance league, for the fun.

See you all next season.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
When working out priority sign ups for Season 6. I discovered that 39 drivers hit that requirement. 39!

Gotta say, I'm immensly proud of how this season turned out. The racing has turned out to be amazing to watch, and I'll be honest I sometimes sit in the comm box and wonder where I'd fit in all that.

I've too been amazed by level of race craft and maturity in the league. It's been awesome to watch and I hope we can go forward into Season 6 on a high and onto bigger and better things. The attendance has been great, the competitiveness has been brilliant to watch and for 1 hour 20 minute races, they're exceptionally entertaining to watch.

Also, if you aren't sick of Silverstone, and fancy taking part in the Endurance pre-season test. The thread to that is here.

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
With many fast drivers missing, managed to get my first poleposition. Was super nerveus at the start of the race and kept making small mistakes all the time. In the process i destroyed my front left tyre and started to struggle even more. Dominik closed up the gap fast and was hanging at the back of Claudiu so i knew at that point he was saving fuel and racewin is no longer possible.

As i suspected Dominik came out of pits ahead of us. Made a few more off tracks and it put me on 19x. Was afraid of dq and didnt want to with Claudiu too much. In the end had 42% fl tyre left so im still very happy with getting a second podium this season

Racing in this league was great whole season as always! Think i learned alot from faster drivers and really looking forward for the next one.