S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Watkins Glen

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
Came into L1T1, saw a car way out in the runoff and knew exactly what was about to happen.

Reactions: washy03

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
14th and 0 incidents on a track that doesn't really suit me or the Ford. Really happy.

Ford was mighty fast on the straight, almost impossible to pass on the straight. Still got overtaken 3 times in the boot section tho... 2 of those overtakes were in the last 5 laps, so too bad I couldn't hold on to 12th for those last laps. Sara and Enar were just way too fast in the boot section.

Overall great racing.

Dan_Suzuki

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
Was a good race and fun racing! It's not really my strongest track, super happy with P6 actually :)
Also I have to say the driving standards are really good in this league, had some nice fair battles and also lapped cars were very fair! Thanks for that :)

If somebody is interested ... this was my race (VOD):

Last edited:

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
14th and 0 incidents on a track that doesn't really suit me or the Ford. Really happy.

Ford was mighty fast on the straight, almost impossible to pass on the straight. Still got overtaken 3 times in the boot section tho... 2 of those overtakes were in the last 5 laps, so too bad I couldn't hold on to 12th for those last laps. Sara and Enar were just way too fast in the boot section.

Overall great racing.
was really annoying just sitting behind you for about 15 laps or something with no way to get past..tho tbf i think Enar had it worse because he was behind us both

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy and Marvin

Tjor

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2018
That was an uneventful race for me. Started P6, managed to overtake Jocke in lap 4 and gained another position when Valtteri quit. Mike catched me and overtook me, but I managed to stick to his tail and even put some pressure on him when I finally figured out how to take the toe of the boot! He got a slowdown after cutting the busstop, so I could take P4 again. After the pitstops, I had a healthy gap behind me and the guys in front of me were long gone.

I have to say, big thumbs up for the racing here guys! Also thanks to the lapped cars for being very predictable.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Meh. Pace was nowhere. Neeext.
Oh, don't know the track yet and have to prepare the Daytona24. Great! :confused:

Joachim Ljunggren

Pro Karter
Jul 2, 2018
Very happy with my qualy! Started fourth. I knew it would be hard, too hard to keep my spot when the race was finished so I fell back to eight place in the end. Still rather happy with that as I was up on drivers way above my league.

My PoV.

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
Wanted to apologize for the lap 1 incident, completely my fault. I was presented with bad choices due to a mistake of my own, but I might have picked the worst one of them. :(
...i.e. you chose the most dangerous one, wrecking several cars in the process. Nice one, well played. GG :/

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
Really enjoyed the race once again, had good battles at the front, made a mistake by pitting early, hoped that cooling down the tires would give me some extra pace to jump P4 but it didn't work out at all, in the end it lost me 5 seconds which i couldn't recover. Also need to work on my qualifying but i find it really hard to do the ultimate lap in the ford. Happy with my race pace :D

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
...i.e. you chose the most dangerous one, wrecking several cars in the process. Nice one, well played. GG :/
Thanks for your response, not sure how this contributes to anything. I made a bad one and felt bad, don't have to be a dick about it.

Reactions: Phil Bedford