S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 4 - Brands Hatch | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 4 - Brands Hatch

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
GTE_Banner_V1.0.png

AOR iRacing GTE League - Season 5
Brands Hatch Circuit: GP

Welcome to the UK! Another place with narrow, bumpy tracks. Just here, everyone drives on the wrong side of the road.
For better visibility, this post is aligned with the British seating position. Weird, isn't it?
Anyway, here we are in AORs home country, a place were fries are chips and chips are crisps and stuff is eaten with vinegar.
Enjoy the actually really awesome British answer to the cork screw, the most modestly named Paddock Hill Bend.

bh.png

Information:
Date: 21st of January 2019

In-sim Time/Date settings:
Date: 1st April 2019
Practice will begin at 12 noon
Qualifying will begin at 12:30
Race will start at 14:00
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.

Time:
19:15 GMT- Practice 25 minutes
19:40 GMT - 15 minutes open qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Track: Brands Hatch Circuit
Layout: GP

Absences: @Ycoms @Nukka @VEC_orks95 @Gxbbs @Afterlithe* @CarbonUK @Jukks @Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I'd need a ton of practice for this one, as the circuit never suited me. But there's Daytona on the weekend. So practice will be less than needed.
Hope to not fall off track and expect to cross the line even further back than normal.
Still, looking forward to this, as at some point I just have to learn this track

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
I shall be alongside @Stephan. Just bought the track last night. I like it but I shall be tips and toes in those blind corners for a while as there's also some work to be done for the big one of this weekend...

Reactions: Stephan

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
I really thought that my browser was acting weird until i read the description haha. Never really raced here on IRacing so i have a lot of work to do to keep up with the top guys

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
Also never raced here before on iracing. And with focus being on daytona 24 this week, this race will certainly be very unpredictable.

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
I'd need a ton of practice for this one, as the circuit never suited me. But there's Daytona on the weekend. So practice will be less than needed.
Hope to not fall off track and expect to cross the line even further back than normal.
Still, looking forward to this, as at some point I just have to learn this track
Out of curiosity what times are you doing? Some of the guys today were doing mid 19s.

Bucefal

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
So far my BLs are 19.8 in practice and 20.6 in race (half tank/damaged car). Can't remember track temp though

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
haven't done any laps yet. spent last night taking my wheel apart to change the shifter module which lost a spring, but was fighting a screw that decided to screw me by not unscrewing.
Will report the slowest lap times tomorrow :)

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
Does anyone also get front aero damage when going over the t1 exit curbs? i consistently get like 30 secs of optionals. Laptimes should be low 19's for me

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Does anyone also get front aero damage when going over the t1 exit curbs? i consistently get like 30 secs of optionals. Laptimes should be low 19's for me
take a wide entry and avoid the inside kerb at turn 1

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
down to mid 21s with fuel, but average laptime is higher. consistency is nowhere to be found. to many opportunities to bin it. also, track feels really slippery despite modest temperatures around 32C track.
This will not go well.

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
Unrelated to brands but good luck to everyone who managed to survive lap 1 of the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona sponsored by Rolex, especially the VEC guys who're in the same split as
we are

Reactions: Dandy and Marvin

Bucefal

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Unrelated to brands but good luck to everyone who managed to survive lap 1 of the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona sponsored by Rolex, especially the VEC guys who're in the same split as
we are
Thanks ;) Went well until H+3 for my car when a GT3 forgot he had a spotter :mad:. I noticed your name when you connected but what's your team?

Last edited:

Bucefal

Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ah found you. Looks like you had bad moments too :cautious:. Good luck everyone...