S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 4 - Brands Hatch | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 4 - Brands Hatch

michO_e

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
well, 30mins training probably not enough :D
had pace for top3, lost lots of position due to the start incident i had to avoid, spun once, self cracked at pit entry, was strugling whole race with incident points. somehow managed to finish top10 :X kinda mad on myself, but daytona had priority ;(

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Outqualified myself in P23. Then took it really slow in turn 1 with some drivers passing me. Lost it with Dominik in my mirror and ran wide. Had to let the field pass. Then, caught up to Anthony quickly but lost time passing him. Anthony, you were blinking for me a bit.
Then, slow and steady drive, 22s 23s mostly. When traffic caught up, tried to be generous to not have traffic stuck behind me in sector 2, which is impossible.
At the end, Jake caught up to me, and gotta really highlight the spirit in AM tier :)
We agreed to let a faster car by and carried on with our fight afterwards, true gentlemen.

Now off to the next round, on a track I actually know :)

Reactions: Jake_Towns

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Well...my first race didnt go to plan! I forgot to fuel my car up at the start and started with 4ltrs of fuel!!..... i ended up coming back out right in the mix of things and a lap down..had more passes than a five-a-side football team! Hope i got out of the way for you all. Only positive, i had no incident points, yey!

Tesnaukki

Junior Karter
Dec 5, 2018
Sorry for dropping the F bomb guys (It will not happen again!)
I just lost it when after finishing my championship like this:
https://gyazo.com/d41db7de09aab68d12d16f01002c1aad
the same guy pulls the same move 12 laps later
Incoming protest
Same guy punted me at race speed on the cool down lap in T3 and disqualified me. Luckily the race had finished so I didnt lose any positions but still a bit annoying.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Considering I would have bet on me not finishing the race, I have to be pleased with that 12th place. As many races before, I found myslef in a no man's land quite soon in the race and I think that lead me to drive at a false pace, which probably was good in order to get to the checkers but I probably lost time and finally finish in @Erti147 's exhaust, missing the last Pro/Am podium step.

Reactions: Erti147

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Could've been 4th or 5th if i hadn't had to avoid the crash :c

And Fisi got lucky this time :^)

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I think iRacing has cottoned on to my 'no scoring' strategy, and decided to make the car undriveable in the last 3 laps, and made me take another 1x on the final lap and thus, a DSQ.

Perhaps it's not the best strategy, but it's consistent.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I think iRacing has cottoned on to my 'no scoring' strategy, and decided to make the car undriveable in the last 3 laps, and made me take another 1x on the final lap and thus, a DSQ.

Perhaps it's not the best strategy, but it's consistent.
You need to start scoring points or you're gonna get fired :^)

Merlin Cooper

GP2 2nd Driver
Nov 2, 2017
Did my best race so far in the league. This track seems to suit me although I do not like it that much.

Thought about starting from the grid to avoid getting evolved in any lap1 incidents. I'm glad that I did start from the grid and can't really complain about anything although I lost a view positions at the beginning. Had some good luck is time getting around the cars involved in the incident at the beginning of the race.

After getting off track and using 3 positions within an blink of the eye (yes it was shown live) I tried not to go beyond my limits and do consistent laptimes with taking reasonable risk. At the end this payed off and I ended up P1 in the AM class - which I honestly did not realize until looking at the results :oops:.

Otherwise I would have been happy to show up for an interview as well. Hope that I get the chance in the next races and this was not only a one-hit-wonder

Reactions: Stephan

Joachim Ljunggren

Pro Karter
Jul 2, 2018
Qualified in 8th place. Think I could have shaved a couple of tenth of my 1:19.6 but I got traffic in the later part of the qualy.
The start was OK. I benefitted hugely after the crash on lap one so I was fourth after half a lap. Joris was behind but I could pull away. Stayed behind Enar with a safe small margin of under a second. I didn't want to be too close in those blind apex turns.
After some laps he made a misstake and crashed so I was running in third place. Which I held for a while. Then my tyres started to degrade badly and the cars behind closed in.
Was not a nice feeling but not much to do. I lost down to fifth place before going into the pits which I did a couple of laps early to see if it helped adding fuel. I don't think it helped.
When the pit sequence was over I was back in fifth spot and then someone got a DQ or made a misstake in front of me because I was in fourth place. I saw Claudio closing in fast in the final part of the race and two other cars was four seconds behind me and I didn't want to fight him too much and risk them catching us, so I let him go on the start/finish straight. I knew he was much faster than me anyways. That made me salvage a fifth place which I am rather happy with!

My PoV:

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
Qualified in P7 which was ok at best, I really need to improve on that. My race went very well, had good pace but lost out on the beginning because of the incident of Claudiu and Dominik (Surprised nobody collected them). After that i fought with Joris and Joachim to take P3, I tried to charge and get Dan as well. Initially it seemed doable but I found out I ran out of time so i decided to back off and settle for 3rd place (Super happy with that). Last laps I had a nice view on a battle between Jake and Stephan :).

Good recovery drive from Claudiu, I did notice you in my relative at the end :)

Good racing once again!

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
I hate Brands. Didnt really want to race - Qualified 31st BOOM - then crashed all by myself about 6 laps in.
Stupid track. This season is really not going well for me :(

Dan_Suzuki

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
Not the biggest fan of the track as well, especially in the Ford :D But race went quite well for me P2 ist the maximum I could achieve. It was kinda boring though after competition eliminated themselves in lap1 T3-T4. Eero was way too fast so 80% of the race was basically cruising around until Mike decided to catch up - had to push a bit again in the end, but besides that it was quite eventless for me o_O

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
The AM Championship is heating up!!! Damm I have had some good and fair battles this season and brands was no exception. I had no practice going in to the race do to Daytona and Overlay. I did some laps in quality to test the set up and the car was good. Ohh a nice Qualification ahead of @Jake_Towns and @Phil Bedford, and with @Argon starting from the pits, there is a good chance to get points maybe a win :). But whaat @Stephan was faster damm. But a nice start getting thrue all the spins at the start, @Stephan got a bit off track at the last of the tre fast rights in the forests, got him on the out site in the left hander. After some nice good farts laps I my fuel was saying 20 laps to Pit??? What **** I forgot to put extra fuel in the car!!! Okay full qvaly laps and then I have to stop for 15 sec more the the others. I knew that it was going to close I knew that @Argon was coming out of the pits 0.5 sec in front of me. And a big battle was about to happen we were pushing hard. @Argon made a small mistake and I got it P2 for 20 min I defended my Position for 20 min with leaping traffic, we had to be careful with when we lead drivers by so we diden loos too much time, I got P2 with a gap of 1,5 sec in the end thanks for close an nice racing m8

• Happy
Reactions: Argon and Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Is that a secret weapon to be fast? Expeling some air from your body? Makes sense...
Sorry @Niclas Domino couldn't help myself to notice it ;)
That’s a secret feature in iRacing, the afterburner. You have to activate it before braking for turn 1, every lap. You get 10% better acceleration. The secret key combination is Windows + L - hold down the windows key and press L just before braking into T1 and release the keys.

:geek: