S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 5 - Interlagos

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
GTE_Banner_V1.0.png

AOR iRacing GTE League - Season 5
Autódromo José Carlos Pace

Hello Brazil! I feel we've been here before.
A great place to collect Off Tracks, a track with not-so-straight straight bits and lots of elevation changes. Never forget how a certain Iceman got lost here.

il.png

Information:
Date: 28th of January 2019

In-sim Time/Date settings:
Date: 28th January 2019
Practice will begin at: 1600
Qualifying will begin at: 1630
Race will start at: 1800
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.

Time:
19:15 GMT- Practice 25 minutes
19:40 GMT - 15 minutes open qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Track: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Layout: GP

Absences: @Jake_Towns @Westyy @N1kmido @Richtofen @Izzizo

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it

Hope I don't die in turn 4 again. And hope for not too many off tracks!

Reactions: Dandy

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Aaaand the location where I get a quali ban for lap 1 incident. Can't afford that this season, I'll try to be a good boy.

Reactions: Dandy and Stephan

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
ah the location where i started iRacing in AOR, back when the FR2.0 was awake and alert

Reactions: Stephan

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Date: 28th January 2019
Practice will begin at: 1600
Qualifying will begin at: 1630
Race will start at: 1800
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.
Update to the time and date in sim.

Also there will be 2 additional spots on the grid on Monday. Those are reserved only for @King-kodiak and I. Those of you who watch the broadcast will know we're getting plagued with lag issues for spectators. We both run pretty powerful PC's that are capable to display all cars easily, whilst also running the overlay etc. But as some of you I'm sure saw on various Daytona streams, sometimes it can be a nightmare.

We're just going to see how this affects the broadcast. Obviously the lag isn't an issue for the drivers or we'd hear a lot more about it.

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014

Also there will be 2 additional spots on the grid on Monday. Those are reserved only for @King-kodiak and I. Those of you who watch the broadcast will know we're getting plagued with lag issues for spectators. We both run pretty powerful PC's that are capable to display all cars easily, whilst also running the overlay etc. But as some of you I'm sure saw on various Daytona streams, sometimes it can be a nightmare.

We're just going to see how this affects the broadcast. Obviously the lag isn't an issue for the drivers or we'd hear a lot more about it.
so now there will be 2 cars just sitting in the pit stalls now?

Reactions: Cravgar

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
so now there will be 2 cars just sitting in the pit stalls now?
The cars will not be sitting in the pits but you’ll see them in the standings. After all, they’ll have to get out of the car to spectate. The only effect it has on us drivers is that we see both on the relative when near the start/finish. I don’t see any problem with that.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The cars will not be sitting in the pits but you’ll see them in the standings. After all, they’ll have to get out of the car to spectate. The only effect it has on us drivers is that we see both on the relative when near the start/finish. I don’t see any problem with that.
nope, shouldn't be there, our cars will not be on the grid, they won't be sat in the pit lane. The only difference is you'll have to wait for the full two minutes to grid because we'll be missing the start. We shouldn't be on the relative and we shouldn't be in the pit lane.

• Informative

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

It doesn’t matter weather or not you enter as a driver, you get the lag spectating regardless

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
It doesn’t matter weather or not you enter as a driver, you get the lag spectating regardless
I'm afraid so. But hey, worth give a try if it can provide a better show, I guess.

• Agree

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Anyone care to share what a respectful time looks like ?
Running practice in ILMS last night - depending on weather - 29's for Q and mid 30's to mid 31's in the race.
Something like that. After spending some time to set up my new wheel last night, I took the Porsche out on practice. With a full tank at 33C track temp, I did a 1:30.1, but mostly mid 1:30s.
But I only practiced 30min, will do more this weekend.
Last season, in the Ferrari my best at similar track temps was a 1:29.9 at 33C.
(overall best 1:29.2 at 24C track temp)

I aim to beat those times :)

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Running practice in ILMS last night - depending on weather - 29's for Q and mid 30's to mid 31's in the race.
Ok cool, i did my first 5-10 laps yesterday and did 31s so im hoping after some fine tunning i can knock some more time off

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
I was busy editing my setup but I managed to squeeze out a high 28 with racefuel load. Track Temps were all over the place 35C-45C