S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 7 - Daytona | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 7 - Daytona

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE S4 Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Slipstream chronicles...

I was lucky enough to jump in the Buschfink train of @Eero Nõmm and @Joachim Ljunggren during quali. Massive tow threw in a position I probalby don't belong on the grid. Thanks for this guys, as I'm sure this was the key for the rest of the race.

After testing ourselves for some laps, @Gxbbs , @michO_e and myself settled positions for 90% of the race or so. We managed to build a comfortable gap whilst it was obvious we wouldn't catch the guys at the front. I think my tire pressures were wrong as the car felt very unsafe by the middle of the race and I nearly killed myself 2-3 times.
Too bad Ronnie made a mistake close to the end of the race, I was looking forward to this 3 way final battle. Sorry Michael to be the one who win the drag race and thanks for playing it fair ;)

Joachim Ljunggren

Pro Karter
Jul 2, 2018
Don't really know what happened today. Worked together with Eero to gain a couple of spots in qualy. Worked reasonable OK but he kept throwing cones at me and I was a bit distracted and missed a bit in the second horse shoe. :D
Started eight. Start felt good but somehow the cars behind just drove past me and it was a tricky three wide in turn one.
Then I had a battle with Shepers in two laps. A fight I had to give up. I was in the draft of a Ferrari and still he passed me on the straight. This is the reason I felt sluggish. I think I went with too much rear wing and I could not challenge anyone.
When the race settled after a couple of laps I had Knut behind me and he mostly stayed there saving fuel. At the same time Hoppé had awesome pace behind us and those five or six seconds was gone just before the pit sequence. He was fast!
He pitted a couple of laps earlier than Knut and me. I pitted one lap earlier than Knut. When it all was over it was clear Knut had saved a lot of fuel behind me and Hoppé had also jumped me. Down in 11th place, not happy.
Tried to catch them but it was impossible.
Then Knut crashed in bus stop and I gain one place which I held until the end.
No mistakes today, just slow.

Last edited:

michO_e

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2018
no idea how godefroy managed to do one more lap. screwed up my outlap and lost position to gibbons, additional got slow down on my outlap and godefroy was able to come out in front of me :X but was great fight with the mentioned two over the whole race :)

Justin || Taz

XB1 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
Glad i managed to finish a race at last. Was not a good race at all, had a few spins in the bus stop hitting the wall on the left. Car became under powered after my first crash. Got lapped way way too much (sorry to anyone who's way i got in, tried my best to stay out of the way where i could, even give myself a few off tracks when i saw people battling whilst lapping me) Hopefully i can transfer pace from practices to races now

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
Oh boy what a booring race this was for me. Got super lucky on quali and got megadraft for p2. Seemed like a decent start and everyone survived t1. On lap 3 my brain switched of and i forgot to brake for busstop, and went very wide onto the grass. Slotted behind gibbons after the incident onto p8. To my surprise twho cars ahead of me had a little scrap and i managed to slip between them to p6 on the exit of t1. Was quite happy behind Thielen on p6 drafting with leadgroup ( -Eero) for a few laps. Finaly Thielen went wide on the exit to the oval and for some reason decided to fight to the busstop. Lost the slipstream and the race was prety much done at that point. The group ahead was slowly pulling away, and i was pulling away from group behind. Clima had an issue during the pitstops, and i had a small glipse of hope after pitstop slotting behind him. Unfortunately he was just too fast for me and i lost slipstream after a few laps. Decided to take it easy and just bring it home at that point.

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
Some great intense racing and happy that the official stream @Stevie @King-kodiak were able to get most of the battles I was having.
Well done to Chris Bell on his AM win, I didn't have anything for him, great drive!

Great racing by Jukka, Reithmuller and Sara

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Gotta watch the stream later tonight.

Boooooooring race for me. Was caught in that incident in lap 3 turn 1. Was a little unfortunate. I think, in hindsight, I could have done better to avoid the wreck.
Anyway, after that, I was missing many top speeds but car was fine otherwise.
Pitted immediately when the pit window opened and took the 1min optional repairs.
Was down by a lap or so, and had no competitor on the same lap. Car behind was a lap down, car ahead was a lap up.
Made an effort to really get out of the way for lapping traffic, as there were plenty of tight battles.
Concentrated on finishing, and did so with no incidents. had total of 4x, which I got in that wreck.

Off to the next one.

HCR Bellmond

Junior Karter
Sep 6, 2016
Thanks Jake, appreciate it, deffo getting the hang of these cars now but it has taken an awful long time. Knew i had half decent pace here but wasn't expecting that result. Thanks to everyone involved really enjoyed it. Also thanks to Jeremy who dragged my AM ass around for 40mins until we were split by a backmarker, great fun.

Claudiu_Clima

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2018
Once again I managed to beat myself in last night's race. Once again I got a proper screw over from the qualifying system with other people getting a tow and beating me in qualifying. When I finally got in clean air I thought my pace was very close to Eero's but he does make a lot less mistakes than me. At the same time I wasn't quick enough to shake Dominik and Dan. I was close to do that two times but got unlucky with lapped cars. Then the pitstop happened. First I missed the pit stall and then I had a tire box check itself which I can't explain TBH. I had just verified that no tire box was checked the lap before pit stop. I estimate the time loss to about 11 seconds. I pushed hard after that but I was too far behind to catch anyone.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@mike66187 I've only just seen the stewards report, I would like to apologize, I by no means punted you on purpose, I slightly locked my front wheel and I didn't want to risk spinning out so I lifted off the breaks and had to straight line a bit to keep it stable, its unfortunate that you was there. I knew you was there but I didn't what I could to stay facing forwards and unfortunately hit you in the process. Sorry once again.

mike66187

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 11, 2018
@mike66187 I've only just seen the stewards report, I would like to apologize, I by no means punted you on purpose, I slightly locked my front wheel and I didn't want to risk spinning out so I lifted off the breaks and had to straight line a bit to keep it stable, its unfortunate that you was there. I knew you was there but I didn't what I could to stay facing forwards and unfortunately hit you in the process. Sorry once again.
Ah okay, In the replay it looked like I was a ghost for you xD. My car felt like a boat after that so i decided to park it in the pitlane. Thanks for apologizing, means a lot :)