S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 9 - Le Mans | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S5: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 9 - Le Mans

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
I'm so confused as to how you're blowing up the engine
I have no idea, myself and Sara were going through the Porscher kerbs and i accidentally took a wider line and clipped the wall, from then on the car started stuttering, gears wouldnt change and my top end speed massively reduced..i pitted for repairs but that didnt help....then BANG!.... goodnight Irene!!

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I can only imagine that you're too aggressive on down shifts, over-rev it a bit each time.

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Got caught up in all the stationary cars before I even got to the start line! 25mins of repairs in the pits at the start...

Roll on next week

• Agree
Reactions: VSR Davidben

HCR Bellmond

Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2016
Sorry @HCR Bellmond, I was having a look on the inside but backed out of it immediately when I realised that it´s not gonna work. I was about to slot in behind again but for some reason you slowed down a bit on the exit curb. 100% on me anyway.
Gutted not gonna lie, I was running out of road, had no clear call from spotter and knew you were close, was happy to let you all go too so I could follow.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
As expected my worst race of the season, though I was really surprised by my qualifying lap. P16.

Race went really bad. Have to apologize to @Gibson, was distracted and braked too late. I wanted to let you by after the incident, but confused you with another VEC car, so should have waited longer. Anyway, apologies for the tap.

Had some slow-downs and one spin after that and was just generally lacking pace.

Last edited:

Joachim Ljunggren

Pro Karter
Jul 2, 2018
Definitely my worst race of the season not counting Imola! Actually forgot until 20 minutes before, we had a race tonight!
I know the track reasonably well but the qualy was practice for me. Didn't go too well. 14th spot on the grid.
Had a good first lap and gained some positions at the start from overtakes, people getting slowdowns or crashing. Was running in top 10 I think when lap 2 started and I did a stupid misstake going out on the first long straight. Lost the car, got hit on the side by the car behind me. Sorry!
So the rest of the race was going to be a car with aero damage. Not fun here. I think I was missing 10 km/h on the straight and was a sitting duck.
I tried to use faster cars as draft partners just to survive the race. Somehow worked ish. Was running in 14/15th place.
In the pit stop I took way too much fuel, let iR Pit Crew decide and I think I hade more than a lap left at the end.
On the last lap I was fighting for place 14. It was clear the car behind me was playing it smart and he stayed there so I expected an attack somewhere on the final lap. We were two wide entering the tight right hander after the long straights and I missjudged how much track he had left. I think I pushed him a bit wide and we banged together and I spun. He could continue so no real harm. It was only me that lost out. Sara could pass me when I had spun, so I finished in 16th place. :O

mzeleni8

Formula Karter
Nov 9, 2016
Really enjoyed this, I binned it in the end ofcourse... Still, got my first points so I'm happy, and I'm improving.

I'm apologizing for next monday, I can't make it unfortunately, looking forward to next season!

Oh, and why am I not on the amateur leaderboard yet? I see I'm in that category during the race and in the stream?

• Informative
Reactions: Jake_Towns

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
After spending the first 20mins of the race not being able to see where I was going, I suppose that it went okay.

Reactions: VSR Davidben

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Really enjoyed this, I binned it in the end ofcourse... Still, got my first points so I'm happy, and I'm improving.

I'm apologizing for next monday, I can't make it unfortunately, looking forward to next season!

Oh, and why am I not on the amateur leaderboard yet? I see I'm in that category during the race and in the stream?
Sorry forgot to assign you to your class, fixed.

Reactions: mzeleni8

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Well, the highlight of my race was definitly the quali session. Didn't manage to put all fast sectors in a single lap during my first 3 attempts. Jumped in the last one with 7min50 ish to go, meaning two fast laps. Got two slowdowns in the first one so I knew it would be very close to cross the line before the clock went to 0.00.000. Crossed it within 1sec to go, done a great lap, improved by half a second and got Pro/Am pole!!

The first laps of the race were just people dying behind me or up front. Tire pressure wasn't right so I couldn't be very consistent. Made me lose my teamate @VEC_orks95 's draft quite early in the race but the guys behind were at decent distance so the goal was just to bring the car home to get the championship on motherland. @FisiFan91 seemed to wake up in the last 4 laps but fortunately (for me) Chris made a mistake and back in the slipstream I was.

Didn't watched all the broadcast yet but already noticed the efforts from our commentators @King-kodiak and @Stevie about the Hunaudières. Appreciate ;)

Reactions: Marvin

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
never has such an unlucky season in 7 years of being here - either hardware or internet pissing about

VEC_orks95

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 3, 2018
Good race overall for me, no longer in the race for the championship podium I wanted to "shine" at home (I live 2km from the circuit). I miss my qualifications because the 3.46.8xx was conceivable and my teammate @Bucefal sweep me the pole in Pro / Am in the last seconds of qualifying.

Start of the race rather good, I thought to do the little train VEC but @jeremyh#82 is packed at the exit of the Dunlop and suffered a big "Slowdown" that ruin the beginning of his race. In the end I stay in the wake of my teammate to save some gas, then go ahead so he does the same. We are 3 to escape and this trio with @Bucefal and @FisiFan91 will be the podium in Pro / AM.

However, I remain frustrated part of my race because during my little battle with @McPhilen I wanted to trap Arnage but it did not work and contact was inevitable for me. Then I was distracted and I made a mistake luckily without consequence because I managed to iron.

So I want to apologize to @McPhilen for my action, not knowing your conduct I wanted to make a feint and it did not work. I understand that you are protesting for this contact who would be sanctioned IRL.

Congratulations to all and congratulations to @Claudiu_Clima and @Reith for their victory.