S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Road Course | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Road Course

What time race should we run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
the weather changing is not a bug. That is dynamic weather, absolutely the same for everyone. At road America the track got quicker toward the end of qualifying, that's just how it goes in racing
I understand that iRacing has dynamic weather, but at nurb the track temp went up with almost 10c with a couple of laps of the qualifying session, and then it stabilized. I haven't seen temps change that fast during race, when clouds appear/disappear.
Bug or not, that leaves a very small window for setting a good time and pushes everybody out on track immediately.
Hopefully it will be different for Indianapolis :cool:

But yeah, we agree that it's the same for everyone :)

Reactions: Isir

michO_e

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
I understand that iRacing has dynamic weather, but at nurb the track temp went up with almost 10c with a couple of laps of the qualifying session, and then it stabilized. I haven't seen temps change that fast during race, when clouds appear/disappear.
Bug or not, that leaves a very small window for setting a good time and pushes everybody out on track immediately.
Hopefully it will be different for Indianapolis :cool:

But yeah, we agree that it's the same for everyone :)
in 12h bathurst race we had temps changing from 28°C to 52°C in 10 minutes, lul :D

• Surprised
Reactions: Lindholdt

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
It works either way but I also thought about doing a lone qualifying again for this one. The lap is just 10 secs longer than at Mosport and I see many laps being ruined at the first corner.

Not mine, because I cannot go fast, but the quick guys are going to get frustrated if they get stuck behind me for the rest of the lap.

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
Wont be able to race this one, since my pedals broke last race and the new ones wont arrive in time

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Multiple migraines through the week: couldn't do a single lap to learn the track. I won't race tomomrrow, sorry guys.

• Informative

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Can’t race unfortunately! Ordered a 2080ti and fitted it yesterday. It appears my psu isn’t beefy enough to power it.
I’ve ordered a new one, I even paid through the nose to get a Sunday morning delivery, they scanned it out at the depot but forgot to put it on the van :rolleyes::mad:

There’s no chance of me being ready now.

• Informative

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
Il be gathering some shrooms from the glorious green fields of indy tomorrow.

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Once again last minute uni schedule changes have foiled my plans. I won't be making it hom I time for the race :(

• Informative