S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Road Course | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Road Course

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

What time race should we run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
I'm sorry but I won't be able to make the race tonight, had a couple of late nights recently and with my first exam tomorrow, sleep is needed lol

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I wont be able to race, I don't own the track.
In future, let us know earlier with this kind of thing. You've known for the past 6 days that you didn't own the track, fortunately we have enough spots for the reserves, but the more notice the better.

• Informative
Reactions: Gxbbs

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Skin pack for R10

Reactions: Merlin Cooper

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Well, I don't know about you. But that was bloody good fun to watch. Just wish more people turned up.

Reactions: Merlin Cooper

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
so, this was fun.
had yesterday about 20min to learn the track, managed to get around somewhat safely.
Planned on using all 1h20min of practice tonight, but the Windows gods decided otherwise.
First my wheel needed full reconfiguring in iRacing, messing up all settings, incl. FFB calibration, then Windoze decided to not recognize the device at all anymore.
A lot of rebooting and driver reinstalling and a lot more swearing later, I was in the session, reconfiguring my controls and getting them to feel somewhat familiar.
So, lots of dying off track here.

Was slow as ever, the car was both understeering and snap-oversteering until I got that dialed down a notch.
Suddenly it was qualifying, and I came in last, as expected. Still, gap was I think only .2, so not that bad, considering I spent a total of about an hour on the track in all of my iRacing history.

Race started easy, letting Knut by, as I wasn't sure my braking points were where you'd expect them.

Then, settled in, got control of the car, and lapped steadily, smoothly. Didn't engage in any battles to conserve tires and brought it home with 0x, in P27. I can live with that.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I think I was driving on canvas from a couple of laps before I pitted, until the end.

Christ I hate this track. There's just no redeemable features to it for me. It's just... so bland. I'm glad that it appears to have at least put on a good race for the broadcast.

Having said all that, great result for me, first podium in a while... Albeit with serious luck from multiple cars being deaded.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Coombey97

Pro Karter
Mar 10, 2019
That was a fun race for me! Qualified P26 and somehow gained 5 spots around the outside at turn 4. Then spun on Lap 2 or 3 and went all the way to the back. I gradually got my way back through some of the field and then gained some places through other people's incidents. Very happy to score my first points with P20 a result I was not expecting going into the race! Thanks everyone for a great race :)

michO_e

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
somehow got 2nd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
my car felt so slow compared to others on the long straight :(

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
That was a fun race for me! Qualified P26 and somehow gained 5 spots around the outside at turn 4. Then spun on Lap 2 or 3 and went all the way to the back. I gradually got my way back through some of the field and then gained some places through other people's incidents. Very happy to score my first points with P20 a result I was not expecting going into the race! Thanks everyone for a great race :)
Man I so nearly fucked everything up for you. I'm so glad you got to race.

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Pace wasn't too bad - but I messed up my race in the first two laps. Went too much over the inside curb in turn1 trying to ensure that I do leave sufficient space for the other cars and catches a slow down. Was to impatient in lap two, did not serve the slow down in time and did get a stop&go penalty.

Will try again next week ;-)

Isir

PC Ginetta Pro League Champion
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
I somehow managed to do a very good qualifying (my best lap ever) without help from any tows and then the start of the race went just ok which is a good thing. I was pretty happy to stay behind @Niclas Domino saving fuel until later in the race but then I saw a group of fast cars catching up on us and thought it would be a good moment to try to overtake him and with a bit of luck try to stay with that group.

Best decision ever. Two laps later I managed to pass Niclas and then the God of the Tows descended upon me and allowed me to hang first behind @Dandy and then behind @CJBMX702 for a very large chunk of the race. That made all the difference and allowed me to pull away from the rest of AM and some Pro-Am guys. Although it was only because of pits strategy, at one point I run P5. At the end I got an overall P11 so pretty happy with it.

Very slightly annoyed with the fact that the only incidents I got during the race was because somebody rear ended me in the first few laps. Otherwise it would have been another x0 to make it a perfect race.

Dirty_manouche

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 Pro-AM Champion
Mar 4, 2019
Hello,
I do not often comment, but what race.
I take a Slow Down in T1 that makes me lose a lot of room, I concentrate and start a recovery. what I wanted was to go back to Page and Langham. What we do with the SD they take.
And after that is only management, McKracken and Dove seemed to want that battle and very well, me meanwhile I will save my fuel. thank you ^^.

Sorry for my english but Google Trad ☺